So I've Been Here A Year..
JVM
Jun 17 2008, 08:18 PM
Learning Roadie
Well, a little more now. It was a year on the second of this month. I would have made this topic then, but I've been really busy, graduating high school, seeing The Sword and Opeth (two incredible shows), going to the Hard Rock Theme Park, getting a New Strat (see post 17 for the result there), partying hard and practicing hard!

I've really learned more than I thought possible in the past year. I'm worlds better than I was when I started here. I can remember how I was before. I had finally rekindled my interest in guitar playing after learning to play a few songs I liked (sometimes that motivation is all you need to jumpstart your playing!) and joined GMC a pretty big noob back in June of last year. I didn't even know what alternate picking was, I picked all in downstokes. Back then there were only a few instructors, I remember seeing Kris play Curious Coincidence, then looking at some of Gabriels lessons and getting hooked. These guys were really good!

Since then GMC has grown by leaps and bounds, we have SO many incredibly talented and even famous people working here. Not only have we gotten our hands on incredible instructors, but everything behind the scenes is great as well, Kris and everyone else on the staff have improved the website so much, it's not even recognizeable from it's original state anymore. There are so many features and things to do here that any other sites pales in comparison.

So I just want to say, thank you GMC, from its instructors all the way down to all the wonderful members here who encourage and help everyone whenever possible. You've all really made this a great place to be. I've met a lot of people here I consider friends, and you guys are all continual inspiration to keep playing! I have a lot left to learn but I know where I'm going now.

Thanks so much guys!

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
Gear: Fender American Deluxe Stratocaster, Gibson '67 RI Flying V, Mesa Boogie F-30 112 combo, crazy pedals.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Start new topic
Replies (1 - 19)
Lian Gerbino
Jun 17 2008, 08:25 PM
Instructor
happy first year man!!! cool.gif

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

+Quote Post
DeepRoots
Jun 17 2008, 08:26 PM
Get to da Chopper!
I'll echo that ^^ many thanks to all biggrin.gif

And congrats JVM, its been great having you around.

+Quote Post
TreyDeschamp
Jun 17 2008, 08:27 PM
Learning Apprentice Player
happy first year and along with JVM thanks everyone for making this a great place to learn.

--------------------
Check out my Youtube!
Add me on Facebook!

+Quote Post
kyldeee
GMC:er
Nothing much to add there mate, I've also been here a little over a year now, and I remember how crappy I was, only downstrokes like you... So I too want to say thank you to the Instructors for showing me how to handle that piece of wood, and to all the members who helped me with all my problems I ever encountered, basically THANK YOU GMC smile.gif

Sorry for using your topic, maybe I should have made my own biggrin.gif

--------------------

Music really is a way to reach out and hold on to each other in a healthy way.
- Stevie Ray Vaughan

+Quote Post
skennington
Learning Roadie - Never Give Up - Moderator
Well said JVM and glad your still around bro! Maybe we need to get a Carolina GMC get-together going sometime in the future and post pics for all to see! smile.gif

+Quote Post
Henry Dietzel
Jun 17 2008, 08:30 PM
Instructor (former GMCer Hammerin Hank)
Let me know S Kenny I pass right through there to see my brother in law!!

And congrats JVM this site is the 'greatest' in my opinion and I've only been around a month I cant get enough of this place

This post has been edited by Hammerin Hank: Jun 17 2008, 08:31 PM

--------------------
I have learned a lot, but I still have a lot to learn

Check out my video lessons

+Quote Post
Kristofer Dahl
Jun 17 2008, 08:39 PM
GMC Founder
Thanks alot JVM for making this "one year at GMC" post, and thanks for your kind words - it's awesome to hear this from you! biggrin.gif

It feels very good that we have been able to help you improve and I wish that you continue learning your whole life - I still haven't found anything that gives me more kicks than practicing/improvement. Best is when you discover something "big" (like using upstrokes! biggrin.gif). I have made similar discoveries recently with my vibrato - which I am practicing as much as possible.

Keep rocking JVM! smile.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Bogdan Radovic
Jun 17 2008, 08:48 PM
Bass & Beginner Instructor
Thanks for kind words JVM , its great to have you here !!! smile.gif

--------------------
For GMC support please email support (at) guitarmasterclass.net
Check out my lessons and my instructor board.
Check out my beginner guitar lessons course! ; Take a bass course now!

+Quote Post
Siggum
Jun 17 2008, 08:50 PM
Happy for yer JVM, even though ive only been here for 5-6 month i reckognize alot in your post smile.gif

--------------------

It dont mean a thing if it aint got that swing

+Quote Post
Slammer
Jun 17 2008, 09:16 PM
Been good having you around JVM. Esp when you Criticize all my songs wink.gif

+Quote Post
Pablo Vazquez
Jun 17 2008, 09:21 PM
Instructor
Happy first year man!!! wink.gif

--------------------
Check out my video lessons!

+Quote Post
JuanMV
Jun 19 2008, 03:57 PM
Learning Tone Seeker
You said it all JVM, nice post...

+Quote Post
kaznie_NL
Jun 19 2008, 03:58 PM
Experienced Tone Seeker
Nice job JVM! Thanks for posting that

--------------------
My YouTube Channel Here

My Rec Takes Here

--- GEAR ---
Ibanez SA08LTD2 BAR
Vox AD50VT
Pod Farm
Line 6 Pod Studio GX
El Cheapo Strat
Dunlop Slide
Korg Toneworks AX5G

+Quote Post
Ivan Milenkovic
Jun 19 2008, 05:18 PM
Instructor
Excellent topic bro, wish you many good years to come man smile.gif

--------------------
- Ivan's Video Chat Lesson Notes HERE
- Check out my GMC Profile and Lessons
- (Please subscribe to my) YouTube Official Channel
- Let's be connected through ! Facebook! :)

+Quote Post
Hisham Al-Sanea
Jun 19 2008, 09:30 PM
Instructor
congrats and wish you the best in second year

+Quote Post
Smikey2006
Jun 19 2008, 09:47 PM
i can echo that 1 smile.gif ive been here for a while now also and it feels great! ive learned tons from GMC and the site has grown so much, yet maintained imo the best community around! We've had some ups and downs but im proud to call myself a GMC'er smile.gif Lets start enjoying another year together smile.gif

--------------------
Schecter Exotic Star+ Peavey VK
Ibanez Xiphos 707 + Krank Revolution 100
Damien 7

Wishlist
Schecter Customshop
Schecter 2008 Blackjack
Damage Control Timeline Delay Pedal/Distortion
a laptop that runs protools :'(

+Quote Post
Nemanja Filipovi...
Jun 20 2008, 05:05 AM
Singing Instructor
Glad you are with us here,many more years I wish you here at GMC.smile.gif

--------------------
Check out my video lessons and instructor board!

Participate im my new Crazy Blues Collaboration

+Quote Post
Eat-Sleep-andJam
Jun 20 2008, 05:34 AM
Yeah I feel you man ! smile.gif
Im learning in different ways every day here at Gmc biggrin.gif
Been here sense Feb. 07.
Plan to be here my whole life ! smile.gif

Best of luck to you in the future Jvm.
Your a great guy! biggrin.gif

--------------------
Join Me On the Lyrics Board !

"Find something worth dying for...

...And live for it"
-The Uncreator

+Quote Post
Jenkinson
Jun 20 2008, 04:03 PM
I feel the same way, several of us who have posted on this have been here over a year now, and most of us hadnt been playing long to begin with. I am now at 2 years and 4 months of playing guitar, I cant imagine where I will be in 2 more years, as long as I keep practcing hard! Thanks GMC and Happy YearDay JVM! Its not just the great instructors, but the active members that make GMC a great place.

--------------------

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th April 2024 - 06:06 PM