> HEY MAN, I really need your help...

...the thing is, I need you to start progressing faster then ever, but to achieve that I need your help:

* Don't know where to start? Just pm me and we will sort it out directly, I am online every day.

* Join My Army. Sounds aggressive? It is! We can study anything from the most fearsome picking techniques to bombastic songwriting. A medal of honor awaits the brave. Seriously, this is an opportunity for you to get a personalised learning experience...what are you waiting for?!

* Join my next video chat! GMC startpage holds a video chat schedule. We always cover a lot of ground and have fun. Remember that you don't need any previous knowledge, and you can be passive in the chat.

* Jam with me - you will find active collabs here.

* Post a topic on this board, guitar related or not - doesn't matter! You will find that chatting with instructors boosts your motivation to practice.

* You haven't missed my latest video lessons, have you?

* Finally I want to tell you a secret. Nah I changed my mind - pm me instead ;)

40 Pages V  « < 23 24 25 26 27 > »   
Hiimalex's Thread, for Gab's Army
Alex Arvedahl
May 9 2017, 01:14 PM
Learning Chord Basher
Hey Gabriel! How are you?
I am sorry for I didn't update you. I had a lot of school and homework during the time I was gone, but now it is getting a lot less.
Anyways I am thinking about getting back to daily playing again smile.gif
Did I miss anything while I was gone ? biggrin.gif

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
May 9 2017, 03:59 PM
Instructor
Hey mate! Welcome back! smile.gif

Well, I think that you are missing GMC collabs! Have you thought on joining? We have a new one open:

https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/guitar_fo...mp;#entry747636

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
My lessons

Do you need a Guitar Plan?
Join Gab's Army

Check my band:Cirse
Check my soundcloud:Soundcloud

Please subscribe to my:Youtube Channel

+Quote Post
Alex Arvedahl
May 10 2017, 07:48 PM
Learning Chord Basher
Thank you smile.gif

That seems like a interesting collab, I will keep you updated and see if I can come up with something smile.gif

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
May 10 2017, 10:36 PM
Instructor
Cool! smile.gif

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Jan 4 2021, 05:00 PM
Instructor
Welcome back Alex!!

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
Alex Arvedahl
Jan 4 2021, 06:49 PM
Learning Chord Basher
Thank you Gabriel. I only have an acoustic guitar now.
I would like to get better of playing rhythm guitar in order to being able to play along with the chords in any song and I do remember that my timing needed a lot of work.

I have also lost much of the music theory knowledge so I plan to read through this https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/guitar_fo...showtopic=48817 as well.

I believe i can play for about 1 hour per day.

This post has been edited by HiimAlex: Jan 5 2021, 12:57 PM

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Jan 5 2021, 03:52 PM
Instructor
That's cool Alex! smile.gif

The first thing that I recommend you doing is to get into these series and share here your takes on these lessons:

https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/ls/Acoustic-Strumming-1/
https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/ls/Acoustic-Strumming-2/
https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/ls/Acoustic-Strumming-3/
https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/ls/Acoustic-Strumming-4/
https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/ls/Acoustic-Strumming-5/
https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/ls/Acoustic-Strumming-6/

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
Alex Arvedahl
Jan 5 2021, 06:33 PM
Learning Chord Basher
Thanks Gab!
That seems to be exactly what I want to get better at.

Should I start with one of the lessons and complete it before starting with another one?
Or do you think i should practice a bit of every lesson each day?

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Jan 5 2021, 07:03 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (HiimAlex @ Jan 5 2021, 02:33 PM) *
Thanks Gab!
That seems to be exactly what I want to get better at.

Should I start with one of the lessons and complete it before starting with another one?
Or do you think i should practice a bit of every lesson each day?

Let's start with the first lesson. Learn it, and share a video playing it here. Then, we'll see how to continue with the following ones. Ok?

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
Alex Arvedahl
Jan 5 2021, 07:04 PM
Learning Chord Basher
QUOTE (Gabriel Leopardi @ Jan 5 2021, 06:03 PM) *
Let's start with the first lesson. Learn it, and share a video playing it here. Then, we'll see how to continue with the following ones. Ok?

Yes that works for me smile.gif

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Jan 6 2021, 02:34 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (HiimAlex @ Jan 5 2021, 03:04 PM) *
Yes that works for me smile.gif

Excellent!

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
Alex Arvedahl
Jan 12 2021, 10:15 PM
Learning Chord Basher
Hi Gabriel,

How often do you want a video of me playing? I remember I used to share a video atleast once a week before.
Also do you recommend me to practice the lesson with Guitar Pro or is it better to practice with just the backing track?

I did record a video today playing it at 80 bpm, it does not feel perfect yet.
Sorry for the lamp at my left hand, I had already done a lot of takes before this one. I will make sure to get a better lighting next time I share a video.

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Jan 13 2021, 02:14 PM
Instructor
Hi Alex! Thanks for the take!! smile.gif

Great first video! Your chord changes sound smooth, but your right hand strumming is not precise. Sometimes you go faster, other times slower. This could be related to concentration. Maybe you are focusing more on your left hand which is not bad. Now it's time to focus on the other hand a bit more. Some things that can help are:

- Practice only the right hand strumming over the backing track. (You can mute the strings while doing it)
- Move your head or tap with your foot while playing. Follow the groove with your body.
- Play over the main video (Remember that you can slow down the tempo).
- Work on smaller blocks. Take 2 or 4 chords and loop the progression. You can use a drum loop to practice it.

I think that it's ok if you share a vid at least every week. Let me know if you have any question!

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
Alex Arvedahl
Jan 13 2021, 10:53 PM
Learning Chord Basher
Thank you!!
These was some great tips you gave me.
After the practice session today, it feels like these things help already and it is much easier to practice that way. I have never really just practiced with a backing track earlier, I used to always practice with GuitarPro and try to see when I should play instead of feeling it.

This post has been edited by HiimAlex: Jan 13 2021, 11:00 PM

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Jan 14 2021, 02:22 PM
Instructor
That's very interesting Alex! Nice to know that the feedback and practice is helping. Keep going! wink.gif

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
Alex Arvedahl
Jan 18 2021, 09:53 PM
Learning Chord Basher
I have practiced at 100 bpm the last days so thought it was a good idea to record a video to get some feedback from you.
To me it feels like the timing was a bit off in the beginning but apart from that it felt like that the timing was good.
What do you think? smile.gif

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Jan 19 2021, 11:07 PM
Instructor
Hi Alex! Good job here!!

Yes, it's true that the first part has timing issues but then to adapt to the rhythm and continue playing very tight.

You just need some more practice at this time, but also try increasing it gradually. Play a bit at 110 and then get back to 100. The most important thing is that you need to be able to play this at every tempo, not only fast, you need to be tight at every tempo.

Congrats on your good job!!

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
Alex Arvedahl
Jan 20 2021, 12:37 PM
Learning Chord Basher
Thanks Gabriel and thank you for the tips you gave me. It helped a lot smile.gif
I will try to increase the tempo and make sure I play it well.

I have noticed that it is a bit tricky to switch tempo. For example if I practiced this at 100 bpm for 10 minutes and then wanted switch to 80 bpm, it takes a few minutes I before I can play tight at 80 bpm probably cause I am used to a faster tempo.

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Jan 20 2021, 02:07 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (HiimAlex @ Jan 20 2021, 08:37 AM) *
I have noticed that it is a bit tricky to switch tempo. For example if I practiced this at 100 bpm for 10 minutes and then wanted switch to 80 bpm, it takes a few minutes I before I can play tight at 80 bpm probably cause I am used to a faster tempo.

Yes! That's what I'm talking about. We need to practice at different tempos, not only the fastest than we can.

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
Alex Arvedahl
Jan 21 2021, 01:26 PM
Learning Chord Basher
Thanks, I understand what you mean now.
Next week when I share a new update video, should I play the fastest I can or should I play at a slower tempo?

+Quote Post

40 Pages V  « < 23 24 25 26 27 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 18th April 2024 - 03:29 AM