Guitar Series Suggestions
MonkeyDAthos
Oct 16 2011, 04:03 PM
GMC:er
Like vibrato and bending, i thinking muting is one of those techqun' that's easily forgotten by "normal" players. So lessons focus only on string muting would be cool.

Another cool serie imo based on this one - > https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/ls/techno-guitar-lesson/

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

This post has been edited by MonkeyDAthos: Oct 16 2011, 04:03 PM

--------------------
It's a proven fact that guitar faces have a bigger impact on tone than wood does.

Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Oct 16 2011, 09:12 PM
Instructor
Great suggestion! keep this requests and suggestions coming!

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
My lessons

Do you need a Guitar Plan?
Join Gab's Army

Check my band:Cirse
Check my soundcloud:Soundcloud

Please subscribe to my:Youtube Channel

+Quote Post
Ivan Milenkovic
Oct 17 2011, 09:22 PM
Instructor
This is an old lesson of mine I did on GMC, that is covering the topic of muting. Sorry for poor quality, but in those days it was great biggrin.gif
https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/misc-less...g-101-tutorial/

For any additional help, let us know.

--------------------
- Ivan's Video Chat Lesson Notes HERE
- Check out my GMC Profile and Lessons
- (Please subscribe to my) YouTube Official Channel
- Let's be connected through ! Facebook! :)

+Quote Post
Daniel Realpe
Oct 19 2011, 10:16 PM
Instructor
that's definitely true. Muting is a huge part in guitar playing.

--------------------
Visit my:
INSTRUCTOR PROFILE

"If a composer could say what he had to say in words he would not bother trying to say it in music."
Gustav Mahler

Subscribe to my Youtube Channel here

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Oct 20 2011, 07:17 AM
Instructor
People usually neglect this aspect, because palm muting gives them the impression that it will eventually happen anyway as they learn how to play, but it is a technique which should be studied - for instance, in metalcore, there are moments where the palm muting starts to close - meaning that it rings at first and then you move your hand towards the neck, choking the sound. I love that sound biggrin.gif

+Quote Post
Fran
Oct 20 2011, 11:00 AM
Learning Rock Star - Wiki Coordinator
Hmmm, sorry to hijack the thread a bit, but that title "guitar series" made me come with an idea: how about a lesson just to show the tone difference between certain guitar models, for instance, have the same settings, and play the same solo/riff with a LP, then with a Strat, then with a Tele, etc.

I believe that should help so many people who ask in our boards about which guitar to get, etc.

cool.gif

--------------------
Guitars:
Fender American Deluxe Stratocaster, Ibanez RG2570MZ, Epiphone SG G-400
Amp:
Vox AC4TVH head + V112TV cab
Effects:
Vox Satchurator, Vox Time Machine, Dunlop CryBaby, Boss MT-2, Boss CE-5, Boss TU-2, Boss ME-70
Recording:
Line-6 POD X3 + FBV-Express, Pandora PX5D

GMC wants YOU to take part in our Guitar-Wikipedia!
Have a good time reading great articles and writing your own with us in our GUITAR WIKI!
Share your playing and get Pro-advice from our Instructors: Join REC

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Oct 20 2011, 11:04 AM
Instructor
QUOTE (Fran @ Oct 20 2011, 10:00 AM) *
Hmmm, sorry to hijack the thread a bit, but that title "guitar series" made me come with an idea: how about a lesson just to show the tone difference between certain guitar models, for instance, have the same settings, and play the same solo/riff with a LP, then with a Strat, then with a Tele, etc.

I believe that should help so many people who ask in our boards about which guitar to get, etc.

cool.gif

+1 mate!

+Quote Post
Ivan Milenkovic
Oct 20 2011, 06:23 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (Fran @ Oct 20 2011, 12:00 PM) *

cool.gif

That would be very interesting thing to do. I have an option to borrow several different guitar models that could fit nicely in the category, perhaps it would be good to do it smile.gif

--------------------
- Ivan's Video Chat Lesson Notes HERE
- Check out my GMC Profile and Lessons
- (Please subscribe to my) YouTube Official Channel
- Let's be connected through ! Facebook! :)

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd April 2024 - 08:40 PM