> IS THAT YOUR MAMA?

Nope didn't think so either. We all know parents don't get this.

I can show you how to be the virtuoso your folks could only dream about, but I first need your help:

* Pm me and I will show you where to start. I am online every day and I will help you out directly!

* Join my mentoring program. I will customize your learning experience in a way you haven't experienced before. We will have regular contact so that you can remain inspired every day and eventually reach a new level.

* Join my next video chat! GMC startpage holds a video chat schedule. We always cover a lot of ground and have fun. Remember that you don't need any previous knowledge, and you can be passive in the chat.

* Jam with me - you will find active collabs here.

* Post a topic on this board, guitar related or not - doesn't matter! You will find that chatting with instructors boosts your motivation to practice.

* You haven't missed my latest video lessons, have you?

* Oh and did you know that to become a killer guitarist you just need to focus on one thing? Everything
else is secondary. Pm me and I will explain.

22 Pages V  « < 11 12 13 14 15 > »   
Timmy B's Mentoring Thread
Timmy b
Feb 18 2013, 06:44 PM
Learning Rock Star
Hey Cosmin,
Been a busy weekend so not too much worked on yet, But this week is looking good for time! biggrin.gif
But the modes concept is becoming clearer now, in time it will be come up great.
Here's a pic of my modes work station. I recorded all the chords of a major scale as a progression and chopped it up into regions. I can loop them rearrange them ect... to mix things up a bit.

Tim

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

This post has been edited by Timmy b: Feb 18 2013, 06:48 PM

Attached image(s)
Attached Image

Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Feb 19 2013, 12:03 AM
Instructor
Hey man biggrin.gif This looks great mate. You can also try to check out the lesson notes I made on modes last year - you can find progression examples for each one wink.gif Check it out: https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/guitar_fo...st&p=564197

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

+Quote Post
Timmy b
Feb 23 2013, 03:36 PM
Learning Rock Star
Hey There Mr Cosmin!

I've got a REC for you today! Its one I started when I the metal metrics Lesson in Drop A and I wanted it finished so I could tune the guitar back up to a normal-er tuning tongue.gif I found because of the lower tension on the strings, the low "A" just doesn't sound defined and snappy enough in the palm muted bits in the main Riff. But other than that, I think It came up pretty well.

As for the Modes, They are coming along nicely! Its staring to make more sense. I been working with my project and getting used to sound and feel of each mode. I've also been digging through those lesson notes, they're very useful!
A bit more practice and they'll all be a piece of cake! biggrin.gif

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Feb 24 2013, 03:43 PM
Instructor
Wow smile.gif Looks like you've been quite busy, my friend! Congrats on the take - it can easily score the 10 wink.gif and I will also show it to my band mates!

I am glad that you are using those lesson notes and I am looking forward to see your pirate collab take - don't forget that the deadline is tomorrow tongue.gif

+Quote Post
Timmy b
Feb 24 2013, 05:35 PM
Learning Rock Star
Thanks Man! Its starting to get much easier to get good takes done! Ill Post it up on the Rec page too.
I'll work more on the pirate collab tonight and see what I can come up with.

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Feb 25 2013, 02:34 PM
Instructor
Alright! Will check it out right away! Well, perfect practice makes perfect, right?

+Quote Post
Timmy b
Feb 27 2013, 03:37 PM
Learning Rock Star
Hey Cosmin,

Sorry I didn't make the Collab. It couldn't really get anything I was happy with. Ill definitely start earlier on the next Collab.
Also, I just realized that I haven't seen the Backing track you said you would post from the track in the last vid chat.
Is it up somewhere and Ive just missed it?

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Feb 27 2013, 03:56 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (Timmy b @ Feb 27 2013, 02:37 PM) *
Hey Cosmin,

Sorry I didn't make the Collab. It couldn't really get anything I was happy with. Ill definitely start earlier on the next Collab.
Also, I just realized that I haven't seen the Backing track you said you would post from the track in the last vid chat.
Is it up somewhere and Ive just missed it?

Hey mate - it's in the Lesson notes thread biggrin.gif

https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/guitar_fo...st&p=634116

+Quote Post
Timmy b
Feb 27 2013, 10:41 PM
Learning Rock Star
Oh! My Bad!
Also, Ive forgotten exactly what the task was. Learn it and record a version or interpretation of it? My memory's a bit fuzzy.

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Feb 27 2013, 11:07 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (Timmy b @ Feb 27 2013, 09:41 PM) *
Oh! My Bad!
Also, Ive forgotten exactly what the task was. Learn it and record a version or interpretation of it? My memory's a bit fuzzy.

Just learning it and recording it can do the trick wink.gif biggrin.gif

+Quote Post
Timmy b
Feb 28 2013, 03:07 PM
Learning Rock Star
QUOTE (Cosmin Lupu @ Feb 27 2013, 11:07 PM) *
Just learning it and recording it can do the trick wink.gif biggrin.gif

I can handle that. Ill get it up to speed and hopefully have it done by the end of the weekend.

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Feb 28 2013, 07:25 PM
Instructor
Great man! Check out tonight's session - I got another tune for you guys smile.gif

+Quote Post
Timmy b
Mar 1 2013, 11:13 PM
Learning Rock Star
Hey Cosmin

Got another Rec done today! Slowly but surely im getting through the list of them smile.gif

I haven't gotten this circle vibrato technique completely mastered, but I think Ive got it to a point where I could do the Rec.
I still find it a little tricky to do it well on the "wound" lower strings and also the high E, but in time it will become easier and more natural I think.

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Mar 2 2013, 12:38 PM
Instructor
Hey Tim! Great stuff dude! I think you are very close to nailing it - just take care and control the vibrato better, just to avoid getting out of pitch! smile.gif

+Quote Post
Timmy b
Mar 10 2013, 08:34 PM
Learning Rock Star
Hi Mate, How you doing

Ive got a little Rec finished for you today. It was one of your tracks from the video chat a couple weeks ago.
It was a very interesting experience and I learned a lot from it all. I didnt get the clean chord part sounding too good though. Ive still got a long way to go in Recording and mixing, but one has to start somewhere right!
See what you think
Tim

https://soundcloud.com/user464214836/cosmins-song-1

This post has been edited by Timmy b: Mar 10 2013, 08:39 PM

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Mar 10 2013, 10:37 PM
Instructor
Hey TIM biggrin.gif Wow man, you made my evening biggrin.gif Of course it has to start - and what better place than here? I see you changed the theme a bit at the parts where I played the eight notes and than that tripled smile.gif The tone has a bit too many highs mate, otherwise I think you got the groove going! Great, great biggrin.gif Glad you liked it and learned stuff biggrin.gif

This post has been edited by Cosmin Lupu: Mar 10 2013, 10:38 PM

+Quote Post
Timmy b
Mar 10 2013, 11:00 PM
Learning Rock Star
QUOTE (Cosmin Lupu @ Mar 10 2013, 10:37 PM) *
Hey TIM biggrin.gif Wow man, you made my evening biggrin.gif Of course it has to start - and what better place than here? I see you changed the theme a bit at the parts where I played the eight notes and than that tripled smile.gif The tone has a bit too many highs mate, otherwise I think you got the groove going! Great, great biggrin.gif Glad you liked it and learned stuff biggrin.gif

Thank Man!
I didnt realize I changed the theme? I learned it from the Guitar pro and I though it sounded a little bit different to what I remembered it, or maybe I just changed it without realizing. It still worked out well though.
I'll have a mess around with the track again and see if can EQ some of those Highs out.

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Mar 11 2013, 10:01 AM
Instructor
Great! Put it up here when it's ready wink.gif Oh, don't forget about this Thursday - we'll have a blast with the same idea as last Thursday but against a chord progression this time !

+Quote Post
Timmy b
Mar 15 2013, 12:57 PM
Learning Rock Star
QUOTE (Cosmin Lupu @ Mar 11 2013, 10:01 AM) *
Great! Put it up here when it's ready wink.gif Oh, don't forget about this Thursday - we'll have a blast with the same idea as last Thursday but against a chord progression this time !

Hi Cosmin,

Sorry I couldnt make the vid chat last night. I'm away from home and It just didnt work. Plus I dont have a guitar with me atm.
So I had another look at this track, had a mess with it, took some highs off. Think its a bit better.
I'm having trouble with this as I dont have any monitors and my headphones aren't really the greatest. Gonna have to upgrade them soon.

So im wondering what direction to go in next that isnt really guitar related.
I was thinking maybe something to do with backing tracks/programing Drums. Not exactly my area of expertise.
Do you have any suggestions?

https://soundcloud.com/user464214836/cosmins-song-1-2nd-mix

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Mar 16 2013, 11:20 AM
Instructor
Hey Tim!

This is much better - it has greatness and it feels spacy - just like it is intended to. The only thing that still feels a bit too small is the lead melody - maybe add some more delay to it?

Mate - here's what I suggest smile.gif Learning drum writing and orchestrating music in general is done by starting from an idea.

Do you have any guitar melodies or riffs that you would like to turn into something more complex? smile.gif

Cosmin

+Quote Post

22 Pages V  « < 11 12 13 14 15 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 18th April 2024 - 07:58 PM