Guitar Nut - What Type To Get
inertia
Sep 7 2008, 12:59 AM
GMC:er
I have a problem with the nut on my newer fender strat deluxe, the high e string cut seems too big, when I bend from the first to 5th fret the string catches and makes a funny sound...I have a few options and was wondering if anyone had suggestions about what type of nut to replace it with.
My easiest option is to have my local store do it, I think the have a graphtech nut, not even sure much about it, the guy said it's self-lubricating and it doesn't need to be cut, he said there's a local that could cut me one but it would be a fair bit more expensive, any thoughts on what I should?
thx

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Bondy
Sep 7 2008, 01:05 AM
Learning Roadie
you can get Graphtech nuts from ebay for around £5/$10 make sure you check the string spacing though.
Nuts are very easy to change check this site out
http://www.fretnotguitarrepair.com/nuts.htm

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Graph-Tech-guitar-to...id=p3911.c0.m14

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

This post has been edited by Bondy: Sep 7 2008, 01:08 AM

--------------------
www.minorglance.com
www.facebook.com/minorglance
www.facbook.com/majorlookband
www.twiter.com/minorglance

+Quote Post
Danilo Capezzuto
Sep 7 2008, 08:45 AM
Instructor
I don't think the graphtech don't need to be cut. They are standar so usually they have to be modeled around the neck specs. Most important things is to check out the graphtech radius, it has to match the fingerboard radius. Also check out some bone nut, my tech says that they are the best hands down.

--------------------
Check out my video lessons!

+Quote Post
Ivan Milenkovic
Sep 7 2008, 09:36 AM
Instructor
You can try to put a roler nut, this way you will be sure that it will be noise free.

--------------------
- Ivan's Video Chat Lesson Notes HERE
- Check out my GMC Profile and Lessons
- (Please subscribe to my) YouTube Official Channel
- Let's be connected through ! Facebook! :)

+Quote Post
Toni Suominen
Sep 7 2008, 02:54 PM
Instructor
For brands check out Earvana, they make excellent guitar nuts.

--------------------
Gear:
-PRS Custom 22
-Edwards Les Paul
-PodXT
-Ibanez Acoustic

Check out my lessons and my instructor profile!

My Youtube channel

My Last.FM

+Quote Post
Marcus Siepen
Sep 8 2008, 02:06 PM
Instructor (Blind Guardian)
I don't know this graphtec nuts, as far as I know my guitars have bone nuts and all I can say is I like them wink.gif But about getting one from ebay or wherever, I agree with Danilo, I am almost sure you will have to adjust it to your guitar. Every guita is a bit different, the radius of the fretboard, the size of the neck, the height of the nut, all those things have to match, so I seriously doubt that there is something like an "universal" nut that you can just buy and but on your guitar.

--------------------
Guitars: various Gibson Les Pauls / Gibson J 45
Amps: Mesa Boogie Tripple Rectifier / Triaxis / 2:90 Poweramp / Rectocabs
Effects: Rocktron Intellifex / Rocktron Xpression
Homepage: www.marcussiepen.com www.blind-guardian.com
Check out my video lessons!

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 25th April 2024 - 12:01 PM