See What I Have To Deal With Here?
JTaylor
Feb 14 2012, 12:24 AM
Apprentice Roadie
I've been working on Ben's lesson "Picking Hand Basics" and decided to do a REC. This is by far, the worst I have played this lesson. In my defense, I was just a little distracted. Even though I will have to attempt it again later, I have to say it's worth it. smile.gif Watch and you'll see what I mean (you might want to wear ear plugs!). laugh.gif
It's a family thing

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

This post has been edited by JTaylor: Feb 14 2012, 12:28 AM

--------------------

Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
derper
Feb 14 2012, 12:27 AM
Learning Tone Master
Ha!! It's like when I did a video chat lesson for my buddy dave. Kid madness!!

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------

Check out my awesome Nintendo Cover-band, EMULATOR!!
http://www.reverbnation.com/emulator

Now.....go practice!!

+Quote Post
JTaylor
Feb 14 2012, 12:37 AM
Apprentice Roadie
QUOTE (derper @ Feb 13 2012, 11:27 PM) *
Ha!! It's like when I did a video chat lesson for my buddy dave. Kid madness!!

My wife and son were playing in the back yard, so I thought I'd steal away to the office for a few minutes. He walked in, saw the camera was on, and it was game over.....

--------------------

+Quote Post
Dinaga
Feb 14 2012, 01:05 AM
Learning Tone Seeker
Hahaha, the kid is too cute! smile.gif
I salute your determination to play the lesson to the end even with all the distractions! smile.gif 

But why are you so harsh on yourself, mate? You are on a great way!! You're doing a great job, just keep it that way.
Each new day of practice will improve your playing more and more! Looking forward to your REC submission soon, you're almost there! wink.gif

This post has been edited by Dinaga: Feb 14 2012, 01:07 AM

--------------------

+Quote Post
maharzan
Feb 14 2012, 02:14 AM
Veteran Guitar Lord
Ha the kid is funny. I have a 3 month old baby girl myself and I understand how less time we get to practice guitar. I do spend the little free time I get (5 mins/ 15 mins) everyday though.

I think its coming out nicely. Post it on the REC soon. smile.gif

--------------------
Checkout my YouTube & my band Nissim's YouTube channels.

+Quote Post
Blister
Feb 14 2012, 02:28 AM
Learning Apprentice Player
QUOTE (JTaylor @ Feb 13 2012, 06:24 PM) *
This is by far, the worst I have played this lesson. In my defense, I was just a little distracted.

That's the worst? Sounds ready for REC to me!

QUOTE (Dinaga @ Feb 13 2012, 07:05 PM) *
I salute your determination to play the lesson to the end even with all the distractions! smile.gif 

I'm with Dino here! I'm glad & impressed you continued while he was watching himself on camera. This is a great video & the playing is very good, too!

QUOTE (maharzan @ Feb 13 2012, 08:14 PM) *
I have a 3 month old baby girl myself and I understand how less time we get to practice guitar.

Wow! It's been 3 months already?!? Time flies!

--------------------

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Feb 14 2012, 09:27 AM
Instructor
Hey man! Not bad at all! If you nailed it like this with all the distractions around, I'm sure that when you add focus in the mix, it can go PERFECT! Let's see the REC REC REC REC REC!! biggrin.gif

+Quote Post
Ben Higgins
Feb 14 2012, 10:29 AM
Instructor
Bless him, what a cool kid ! smile.gif At least he didn't make any noise I guess biggrin.gif

You've got quite a good, relaxed picking technique going on there, Jon. It looks like John Petrucci's hand !

You started a little behind but then you soon got into the groove. You managed the faster bits easily too so any innacuracy is more of a question of timing rather than speed. One thing to bear in mind, is when you get to the section starting at 0:53.. remember that even those first 4 slower notes are still meant to be played as alternate picking. It looks like you're playing as downstrokes ? Although it's doable and does work, it might just make things more confusing at this stage smile.gif

Good work !

This post has been edited by Ben Higgins: Feb 14 2012, 10:29 AM

+Quote Post
JD_
Feb 14 2012, 11:47 AM
Learning Roadie
QUOTE (JTaylor @ Feb 13 2012, 11:37 PM) *
My wife and son were playing in the back yard, so I thought I'd steal away to the office for a few minutes. He walked in, saw the camera was on, and it was game over.....

Haha... that's pretty cool to see mate... laugh.gif

Well done on not being distracted....

Keep at it.... cool.gif

--------------------
ESP E2 VIPER CAMO,
ENGL INFERNO 100w,
TWO NOTES CAPTOR X

+Quote Post
PosterBoy
Feb 14 2012, 01:40 PM
Learning Roadie
It's good practice.

The things I've seen, heard, felt etc when playing live and having to sing and play at the same time. It should be a regular part of a practice routine.

Off the top of my head

In Church
Clapping wildly out of time
Singing wildly out of tune
Hilarious looking dancing

In Bars

Drunk women standing right in front of my Mic and shouting at me
People dancing and knocking the mic stand so the mic hits me in the face
Drunk women doing unmentionable things with a Newcastle Brown ale bottle and then offering it to me.

--------------------
My SoundCloud

Gear
Tyler Burning Water 2K
Burny RLG90 with BK Emeralds
Fender US Tele with BK Piledrivers
Epiphone 335 with Suhr Thornbuckers
PRS SE Custom 24-08
Ax8

Fessenden SD10 PSG
Quilter TT15

+Quote Post
JD_
Feb 14 2012, 01:52 PM
Learning Roadie
QUOTE (PosterBoy @ Feb 14 2012, 12:40 PM) *
Drunk women doing unmentionable things with a Newcastle Brown ale bottle and then offering it to me.

That provokes interesting mental images rolleyes.gif

--------------------
ESP E2 VIPER CAMO,
ENGL INFERNO 100w,
TWO NOTES CAPTOR X

+Quote Post
PosterBoy
Feb 14 2012, 03:33 PM
Learning Roadie
That's what you get for being a little 18 yr old playing in a band at biker rallies.

--------------------
My SoundCloud

Gear
Tyler Burning Water 2K
Burny RLG90 with BK Emeralds
Fender US Tele with BK Piledrivers
Epiphone 335 with Suhr Thornbuckers
PRS SE Custom 24-08
Ax8

Fessenden SD10 PSG
Quilter TT15

+Quote Post
Alex Feather
Feb 14 2012, 04:57 PM
Instructor
Your son is so funny!!!! He just want to be in the video very bad smile.gif I like your take you can work on your timing a little more and it will sound great!

+Quote Post
Sinisa Cekic
Feb 14 2012, 10:07 PM
Instructor
I told you, the fun has already begun laugh.gif !

--------------------

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 16th April 2024 - 07:21 AM