Slash Wah Wah Pedal, compared to a standard cry baby
slash85
Oct 28 2007, 07:31 PM
GMC:er
gday mates,

just wondering if anyone has heard the differences between the standard jim dunlop cry baby and the slash signature wah.......i mainly just want to know if there is much difference between em?

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
DEFENDER OF THE FAITH \m/
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
ZakkWylde
Oct 28 2007, 07:48 PM
Learning Tone Master
The Slash Wah is a 2in1 Pedal. It is a WahWah with Slashs signature sound(which is pretty much the standard crybaby sound fattend up a little) and an overdrive to boost the lead sound. I think it's a good wah but the overdrive isn't worth the money. You can get a far better sound with a regular overdrive from boss or ibanez. And also it is hard to activate cause the switch for the OD is on the side of the wahwah.

My advice: get yourself a standard crybaby because its much cheaper or get yourself a Zakk Wylde Crybaby which sounds even better than the Slash signature ( compare them at a musicstore if possible)

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------

Gear:
- Jackson USA Select KV2 King V with EMG 81/85
- Gibson Les Paul Custom Arctic White with EMG 81/85
- Ibanez Rg 8527 J Custom 7-String with DiMarzio Evolution and Air Norton

- Peavey 6505+ head with Marshall 1960AV 4x12 cab
- Peavey Vypyr 30 Practice Amp
- Dunlop Crybaby From Hell, Maxon OD808, Boss TU-2, MXR CarbonCopy, ISP Decimator, MXR Custom Audio Electronics Booster

+Quote Post
slash85
Oct 28 2007, 07:57 PM
GMC:er
QUOTE (ZakkWylde @ Oct 29 2007, 04:48 AM) *
The Slash Wah is a 2in1 Pedal. It is a WahWah with Slashs signature sound(which is pretty much the standard crybaby sound fattend up a little) and an overdrive to boost the lead sound. I think it's a good wah but the overdrive isn't worth the money. You can get a far better sound with a regular overdrive from boss or ibanez. And also it is hard to activate cause the switch for the OD is on the side of the wahwah.

My advice: get yourself a standard crybaby because its much cheaper or get yourself a Zakk Wylde Crybaby which sounds even better than the Slash signature ( compare them at a musicstore if possible)

cheers mate.......i already have meself a standard crybaby but being the avid slash fan that i am im always looking for that slash tone and was wondering if it was much different to the standard that i have.........but cheers for the advice i wont worry about gettin it wink.gif

--------------------
DEFENDER OF THE FAITH \m/

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 16th April 2024 - 09:03 PM