Guitar Can Be Detrimental To You're Health..not Too Seriously Tho I Dont Think :-), Doc orders 2weeks of no guitar
whammysam
Mar 4 2008, 12:20 AM
GMC:er
Hi folks, just thought I'd share my experience with you. Since a couple of months back, I started playing guitar regularly, after a long time of not playing at all. After a couple of weeks practicing, at about 1/half- 2hrs a day, I noticed numbness developing in my left forearm and thumb/index finger. I wasnt sure what could have brought it on, but never would have associated it with playing guitar.(I was worried it was a heart thing) Finally I got around to speaking with the doctor, he said I have irritation/impingement on the radial nerve, more specifically its the superficial branch of the radial nerve, (don't ask me, its doctor talk blink.gif ) by overuse of the muscles that wrap over and around it.. Bottom line.. NO GUITAR FOR TWO WEEKS! sad.gif I work in a physically demanding job.. Lifting heavy objects most of the day, I could never had foreseen this! I think in future I will practice slow warm ups before playing.

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th March 2024 - 08:10 AM