The Hellecasters
gregc1
Jun 1 2012, 07:44 PM
Experienced Tone Seeker
Anybody ever hear of these guys. I was introduced to them a long time ago and have always been blown away but what they do. They are three studio guys (mainly country) that got together to do their own thing, although I don't think they're together anymore. John Jorgenson, Will Ray and Jerry Donahue. They all have their own unique style but most of the songs feature three part guitar harmonies with each taking a turn soloing throughout. Will Ray is probably my favorite. He uses a B bender and ring slides and is just ridiculous with some of the stuff he does.

Anyhoo, just thought I'd share. I never see or hear them mentioned at all but I thought a site like this would dig it. I'll post a few videos here but I would highly recommend checking them out. Maybe a three part harmony lesson/collab in the future?

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Jun 1 2012, 08:39 PM
Instructor
Yeeehaw! Jerry Donahue is among my favorite country axemen biggrin.gif gotta love those crazy bends!

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

+Quote Post
gregc1
Jun 1 2012, 09:57 PM
Experienced Tone Seeker
Haha, absolutely Cosmin. I've never heard anybody bend like he does. Here's a video of him demonstrating his skills with one of the Hellecaster songs. The bend(s) he does at 1:18 is just sick.

This post has been edited by gregc1: Jun 1 2012, 10:00 PM

--------------------

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Jun 1 2012, 10:41 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (gregc1 @ Jun 1 2012, 08:57 PM) *
Haha, absolutely Cosmin. I've never heard anybody bend like he does. Here's a video of him demonstrating his skills with one of the Hellecaster songs. The bend(s) he does at 1:18 is just sick.

I agree! Got one of his DVDs man biggrin.gif I can watch it all day long!

+Quote Post
derper
Jun 1 2012, 11:19 PM
Learning Tone Master
And....this!

--------------------

Check out my awesome Nintendo Cover-band, EMULATOR!!
http://www.reverbnation.com/emulator

Now.....go practice!!

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Jun 2 2012, 10:17 AM
Instructor
I love these licks biggrin.gif they are featured on the DVD I have and I have learned them as well, plus applied them in a GMC lesson - if you guys want to take a peak smile.gif

https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/ls/Pedal-...r-Country-Solo/

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 25th April 2024 - 07:49 AM