Hello Everybody
Guitar1969
Oct 30 2006, 08:25 PM
GMC:er
I am a new member and wanted to say hello. I am 36 years old, live in Southern California- US, previously a drummer(I still play), but picked up the guitar about 4 years ago as a hobby, and prefer it much more(and my wife does too as long as I keep the volume low). I am self taught through various books and websites and have a mishmosh of pieces of info, and am at the point where I feel I need better direction for lead/solo improvement. Just getting going on the video lessons, and although some of the info is redundant for me, am trying to make sure I go through it all so I get the foundation for later lessons.

I feel my greatest need is learning basic solo/riff/phrasing techniqes, in order to make the pentatonic scales which I already know sound good(Like Kris does so well). Down the road, would also like to learn a bit more theory so I can know what will sound good and where.

I alook forward to interfacing with all of you good folks in a friendly environment to help improve each others playing.

Michael

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
"Three Chords & The Truth . . ."
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Kristofer Dahl
Oct 30 2006, 09:04 PM
GMC Founder
Welcome Michael! biggrin.gif

The planned updates will be covering many of the things you mention! smile.gif

--Kris

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------

+Quote Post
PickNGrin
Oct 31 2006, 05:02 PM
welcome! biggrin.gif

+Quote Post
Guitar1969
Oct 31 2006, 09:44 PM
QUOTE (Kristofer Dahl @ Oct 30 2006, 12:04 PM) *
Welcome Michael! biggrin.gif

The planned updates will be covering many of the things you mention! smile.gif

--Kris

I was excited to see within minutes you threw together a phrasing lesson just for me - - -Ha ha ha.

--------------------
"Three Chords & The Truth . . ."

+Quote Post
Nick
Nov 4 2006, 04:03 AM
A great place to start is 101 for beginners and pick up the 20 minute a day exercises on alternate picking, hammer on and pull off.

I use it as a warm up all the time now.

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 20th April 2024 - 02:04 AM