3 Pages V  < 1 2 3 >  
Mentoring Invitation
michaelwalker
Mar 28 2012, 02:31 PM
GMC:er
QUOTE (Alex Feather @ Mar 21 2012, 11:08 PM) *
Hi guys - I am now officially inviting all of you to join my mentoring!

I will show you how to play over chord changes, help you develop your groove and timing - or anything you want to learn about music!

I will pay close attention to your individual needs and together we will achieve great results!

To get started: leave a reply here or send me a pm. I will then set up a thread where can start discussing your goals.

-Alex

I am Here Alex, you read my "Help Message" Yesterday...

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
Guitars: Jackson DK2S, Jackson JS-20, Peavey AT-200 autotune, my homemade Gibson Flying V, ESP MH-301, Ibanez ARTCORE AF-75, Ibanez Mikro, Yamaha JR-1, Yamaha F-335, Epiphone Artisit 200, Ovation Idea, and last but not least a rare Brownsville Mini.

Amps: Crate GX-2200H with 2 Crate 4X12, Fender G-Dec3, ZT Lunchbox, ZOOM G3X Effects and Amp Simulator
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Alex Feather
Mar 28 2012, 11:28 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (michaelwalker @ Mar 28 2012, 01:31 PM) *
I am Here Alex, you read my "Help Message" Yesterday...

Great!!!! I am happy you have decided to join!
Here is your personal thread with a few questions!
https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/guitar_fo...showtopic=43704
Looking forward to start working with you!!!

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

+Quote Post
rocko
Apr 1 2012, 07:45 PM
Learning Apprentice Player
Hi Alex,

as I wrote in the PM i would love to join your mentoring program too smile.gif

regards
Andreas

+Quote Post
Alex Feather
Apr 1 2012, 08:25 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (rocko @ Apr 1 2012, 06:45 PM) *
Hi Alex,

as I wrote in the PM i would love to join your mentoring program too smile.gif

regards
Andreas

Perfect!! Here is your thread! https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/guitar_fo...showtopic=43758
I am very very excited to start!!!

+Quote Post
DarkWaveRiffer
Apr 2 2012, 08:03 AM
Hi Alex,
Thanks for the offer on the mentoring. As I said earlier today I am weak at scales. My instructor had me learning C Major scale shapes but it was honestly pretty boring. I would be interested to see how you would present learning them. If you check out my practice journal it will give you some history on what kind of music I like, and what my goals are.

Honestly, I don't care so much about knowing how to play everything, its what I do know I want to play very well. I just don't feel like I know enough to express myself the way I want, and that's the frustrating part. I like your approach, tailoring lessons to the person you are mentoring. I humbly ask for acceptance into your mentor program.

--------------------
Keep on playing!

DWR

My goal is to learn to play guitar like its my second language, and my first words to the world will be "Bite Me!".

"Just fn play already!"

Guitarist Title: Air Guitarist

Guitarist Title thread

DWR's EPIC Practice Journal l

DarkWaveRiffer's Modern Music Mentored By Cosmin Thread

Lead Mastery Mentored by Gab

Attacking Scales Mentored By Alex Thread

Want to know how to practice for success?? Click here!!

Are you sabotaging your practice? Click here!

+Quote Post
Alex Feather
Apr 3 2012, 10:32 AM
Instructor
QUOTE (DarkWaveRiffer @ Apr 2 2012, 07:03 AM) *
Hi Alex,
Thanks for the offer on the mentoring. As I said earlier today I am weak at scales. My instructor had me learning C Major scale shapes but it was honestly pretty boring. I would be interested to see how you would present learning them. If you check out my practice journal it will give you some history on what kind of music I like, and what my goals are.

Honestly, I don't care so much about knowing how to play everything, its what I do know I want to play very well. I just don't feel like I know enough to express myself the way I want, and that's the frustrating part. I like your approach, tailoring lessons to the person you are mentoring. I humbly ask for acceptance into your mentor program.

Hi!!! So I have posted your personal thread and have a cool exercise for you!!!
https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/guitar_fo...t=0#entry577613
Let me know if you have any questions!

+Quote Post
Yash
Apr 8 2012, 12:14 PM
Hey Alex please sign me up too.

I am a metal player in my soul but i am also very interested in learning other styles and i think i can learn that with you

Please help me with lead playing

--------------------

+Quote Post
Alex Feather
Apr 9 2012, 03:46 AM
Instructor
QUOTE (Yash @ Apr 8 2012, 11:14 AM) *
Hey Alex please sign me up too.

I am a metal player in my soul but i am also very interested in learning other styles and i think i can learn that with you

Please help me with lead playing

Hi!! Welsome to my army!
I am looking forward to start mentoring you!

+Quote Post
Dannyhimself
Apr 22 2012, 02:43 PM
Hey Alex, would love to join your army if you've got the space!

In a few weeks i should have considerably more free time to practice.
With your guidance i'm sure it'll be much more effective than on my own. smile.gif

+Quote Post
Alex Feather
Apr 22 2012, 03:07 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (Dannyhimself @ Apr 22 2012, 01:43 PM) *
Hey Alex, would love to join your army if you've got the space!

In a few weeks i should have considerably more free time to practice.
With your guidance i'm sure it'll be much more effective than on my own. smile.gif

Perfect!!! smile.gif I am glad that you have decided to join!!!
Here is your personal thread!
https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/guitar_fo...showtopic=44044
I am looking forward to start!!! smile.gif

+Quote Post
maharzan
Apr 26 2012, 03:52 AM
Veteran Guitar Lord
Oh I replied in another thread. smile.gif

Hi Alex,

I would love to learn/improve on improvising over a backing track. I have been trying to learn this since I joined GMC but with one problem and another I haven't been able to. I know major/minor chords pretty well and I know modes exist. My problem is I cannot do fast runs here and there and my "composition" kinds of get stuck at this boring music. I want to do whatever it takes to learn this stuff even if its just one scale to start with and not doing just up and down scales, you know.

My most influential guitarist has been Joe Satriani. I want to compose melody like him and do the "solo" fast stuff too. My recent likes has been Andy Timmons and Guthrie Govan. I am not particularly fond of fusion (which Guthrie or you seem to like) but as long as I can play something on a backing I would really die for it.

So, can you take me as your student ?

Thanks,
Chandra

--------------------
Checkout my YouTube & my band Nissim's YouTube channels.

+Quote Post
paket
Apr 26 2012, 04:46 AM
Alex - if you still have space, I would like to join your mentoring program. I sent a pm with more details.

thanks

+Quote Post
Alex Feather
Apr 26 2012, 09:10 AM
Instructor
QUOTE (paket @ Apr 26 2012, 03:46 AM) *
Alex - if you still have space, I would like to join your mentoring program. I sent a pm with more details.

thanks

Awesome! I am glad you have decided to join!!! Happy to have you on board!
https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/guitar_fo...showtopic=44088
Looking forward to start!!! smile.gif

This post has been edited by Alex Feather: Apr 26 2012, 09:11 AM

+Quote Post
JPBluestring
Apr 30 2012, 11:19 PM
Hi Alex,

Thank you for your offer to the Mentoring Program. I find this idea very exciting. I love your playing and the music you make. You are so versatile and would really like to join in and learn from your experience and background.

I have been playing for several years now but like many, I went through several phases. From acoustic to electric, from Rock to Blues. From trying to play covers to composing my own. I explored classical guitar for a while and a tiny bit of jazz. I like mixing acoustic rhythm with electric lead. I have had some progressive phases but experienced the "plateau" as well for several years. Following your advice, I recently explored scales more seriously and this seems to pay off interestingly.

I am mostly self taught except for the last year where I was fortunate enough to benefit from the masters at GMC.

Weak points: Music theory and still struggling in lessons for not knowing all the notes on the fretboard. Shy by nature and hesitated to go public with this but what the heak we live only once. smile.gif

Strong point: I am passionate about guitar.

Interest: Composing music and creating backing tracks to evolve my playing.

Gear: Ibanez, Norman Studio acoustic, Les Paul (self-made) Strat (self-made), Yamaha bass, Classical Takamine, Fender Champ and Princeton Reverb amps, Marshall TSL60 and Peavey Classic 50, Cubase Artist 6, EZ Drummer, Presonus recording interface, Guitar Pro and my dog Copper who reacts with his ears when I screw up on bending wink.gif (They say dogs can ear things we can't!)

I am appreciative of the time you spend to help people on GMC and your dedication to music and the mentoring program!

Many thanks in advance.

JPBluestring rolleyes.gif rolleyes.gif

+Quote Post
Alex Feather
May 1 2012, 05:42 AM
Instructor
QUOTE (JPBluestring @ Apr 30 2012, 10:19 PM) *
Hi Alex,

Thank you for your offer to the Mentoring Program. I find this idea very exciting. I love your playing and the music you make. You are so versatile and would really like to join in and learn from your experience and background.

I have been playing for several years now but like many, I went through several phases. From acoustic to electric, from Rock to Blues. From trying to play covers to composing my own. I explored classical guitar for a while and a tiny bit of jazz. I like mixing acoustic rhythm with electric lead. I have had some progressive phases but experienced the "plateau" as well for several years. Following your advice, I recently explored scales more seriously and this seems to pay off interestingly.

I am mostly self taught except for the last year where I was fortunate enough to benefit from the masters at GMC.

Weak points: Music theory and still struggling in lessons for not knowing all the notes on the fretboard. Shy by nature and hesitated to go public with this but what the heak we live only once. smile.gif

Strong point: I am passionate about guitar.

Interest: Composing music and creating backing tracks to evolve my playing.

Gear: Ibanez, Norman Studio acoustic, Les Paul (self-made) Strat (self-made), Yamaha bass, Classical Takamine, Fender Champ and Princeton Reverb amps, Marshall TSL60 and Peavey Classic 50, Cubase Artist 6, EZ Drummer, Presonus recording interface, Guitar Pro and my dog Copper who reacts with his ears when I screw up on bending wink.gif (They say dogs can ear things we can't!)

I am appreciative of the time you spend to help people on GMC and your dedication to music and the mentoring program!

Many thanks in advance.

JPBluestring rolleyes.gif rolleyes.gif

Awesome! I am very happy to have you on board!
Here is your personal thread
https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/guitar_fo...showtopic=44154
Let me know if you have any questions!!!
Very excited to start working with you!

+Quote Post
Sunny
Jun 9 2012, 09:04 AM
QUOTE (Alex Feather @ Jun 4 2012, 05:11 AM) *
Hi guys! I have started a new mentoring approach!
So I have a few updates: I can teach you step by step:
All major Modes in 7 days, To know and understand the neck in 2 weeks and anything you want to know about music!
Styles of music I can help you to learn:
Rock, Pop, Jazz, Fusion, Country, Blues!

Hi Alex!

These new jazz licks have made me all groovy tongue.gif and wanting to work more on my theory and improvisation. Your program and approach sound exciting and I'd like to sign up for your mentoring please! cool.gif

Thanks,
Sunny

--------------------
Alhambra 3C, Ibanez S470, Boss ME-50, KORG MA-30, Marshall MG15CDR, MacBook Pro

Practice Journal

+Quote Post
Alex Feather
Jun 9 2012, 06:02 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (Sunny @ Jun 9 2012, 08:04 AM) *
Hi Alex!

These new jazz licks have made me all groovy tongue.gif and wanting to work more on my theory and improvisation. Your program and approach sound exciting and I'd like to sign up for your mentoring please! cool.gif

Thanks,
Sunny

Hello! And welcome to my mentoring program!
Here is your personal thread!
https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/guitar_fo...showtopic=44764
Looking forward to work with you!

+Quote Post
ringmar
Jun 10 2012, 11:08 PM
Would love to get in on this, with a focus on the "know and understand the neck" and the modes. If you're still accepting people I'd love to get started.

+Quote Post
Alex Feather
Jun 11 2012, 07:35 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (ringmar @ Jun 10 2012, 10:08 PM) *
Would love to get in on this, with a focus on the "know and understand the neck" and the modes. If you're still accepting people I'd love to get started.

Hello! Here is your personal thread!
Very happy to have you on board!!!!
https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/guitar_fo...showtopic=44792

+Quote Post
wish to shred
Aug 6 2012, 10:48 AM
Hi alex can you please mentor me i have looked at some of your other students pages and like how you teach i have been playing for a few years but i am no good i picked up a lot of bad habits and i would like to play MUCH better. looking forward to hearing from you thanks
btw i can play some of the intermediate lessons but i am really only at beginner level

+Quote Post

3 Pages V  < 1 2 3 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 08:14 PM