It's About Time I Introduce Myself...
spacebran
Feb 16 2011, 05:41 AM
Learning Tone Seeker
Hello everyone!

I guess I can let you know a little about me... I'm 23 years old and currently living in Toronto, Canada. I have a degree in Space Engineering and I am currently going through the process of getting into teacher's college so I can teach high school!

I've been playing guitar since I was 14. Unfortunately, due to the time and stress required to complete an engineering degree, school didn't leave much time for playing guitar so I was only able to take it seriously off and on (basically playing as much as I could when I could). Sometimes this meant I could only dedicate a lot of time in the Summer! Major bummer!

I'd have to say my main strength is definitely improvisation. I don't really like to memorize songs. I would rather jam along with them or just learn certain parts, such as an awesome solo I can't stop listening to. My weaknesses are all of the bad habits I've picked up from being self taught (such as economy picking - I use it sometimes and I'm trying to break the habit).

In my first year or two, I was taught by friend, Adrian Raso (you may or may not have heard of him - a phenomenal guitar player of many, many genres. Check out www.adrianraso.net). Since then, I've been self taught. I have learned many things from youtube and ultimate-guitar.com, but I found it difficult to just learn things at random without very much guidance.

So here I am.

I signed up for this site about a week ago and let me say, I am astonished at the improvement I've made since then. I've already made my way through several of the lessons in the lesson plan thread I stumbled across and I've mastered several other lessons.

I almost forgot... my favorite music! My favorite guitarist is definitely Paul Gilbert. He's just awesome and I'd like to say I have a similar playing style (though nowhere near as good *sigh* haha). I like many types of music, but some of my favorites in particular are melodic death metal (e.g Equilibrium). I also really love bands such as Amon Amarth and of course thrash metal bands like Slayer, old school Metallica (e.g. Whiplash). I also really like blues and funk.

Oh, I play a Jackson SL1 Soloist with the Nebulah finish. I don't think I'll ever own a guitar that I like more than this, mainly because I have a huge fascination of outer space!

Anyways, that's enough about me! Thanks for reading (and expect to see me posting more from now on)!
-Bran

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 24th April 2024 - 05:11 AM