4 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 >  
Custom Diy Pedals, Gab "signature" Overdrive & Audio Experiments
yoncopin
Apr 27 2016, 06:38 PM
Experienced Tone Seeker
Attached is the drill template. It's at full scale, so if you want to print it out at "Actual Size" scale 1:1 you can see what the dimensions of the real pedal will be when you receive it.

Attached File  drill.pdf ( 20.51K ) Number of downloads: 92

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
yoncopin
Apr 27 2016, 11:39 PM
Experienced Tone Seeker
Here's the left side all wired up! I particularly like this one smile.gif This test is the two stacked together and both on. There are so many ways to dial in a sound with all the different knobs. Lots of tone shaping smile.gif

I've gotten started on the art too, I want to make it a surprise, but I think I should share it so you get something you know you like. I'll keep you in suspense until tomorrow smile.gif

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

This post has been edited by yoncopin: Apr 27 2016, 11:42 PM

--------------------

+Quote Post
yoncopin
Apr 28 2016, 02:29 PM
Experienced Tone Seeker
I started on the art yesterday, but then I realized maybe you would want to come up with something on your own. I was thinking a military green enclosure with this graphic I found online. I hadn't picked a font, but started with something like this.

If you want to find your own art, it needs to be at least ~700x500px and black & white (or grayscale) You can also find a font for the text here. It probably should be something kinda bold so it is readable.

As for the enclosure, I think we should listen to Chris and get a pre-powdercoated one. There are lots of colors to choose from here.

Here's a mockup smile.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Apr 29 2016, 01:39 AM
GMC:er
Looks pretty spiff! Can't wait to see one in production mode!

The BANGEETAR pedal from Orange was a long time coming and it really does allow for a lot more control off an Orange Amp. It's a great pedal by itself honestly it could work with anything and even by itself!! It finally gives you full eq control of the signal PRE-GAIN which is something that IMHO should be built in to every amp smile.gif But not one vendor on earth seems to agree. Thus, pedals like the bangeetar smile.gif

IT works before an amp or in the fx loop of your 11 rack, or by itself as a preamp. Great stuff smile.gif our own RICH has one!! Here is a id about it.

QUOTE (Gabriel Leopardi @ Apr 13 2016, 08:19 AM) *
I hate when gear doesn't include enough EQ controls to make them versatile. It's curious to know that Orange released that pedal, since one of the things that I don't like of their amps (for example dual terror) is how random its "tone" is and it's the only EQ control that includes. mad.gif

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Apr 29 2016, 02:16 PM
Instructor
wou! that's very impressive!! I love each details that you've decided regarding this pedal. The colour and image are just perfect! I could choose a best one. About the font, I don't note how it would look over the pedal, but I have to say that I like the "horror" style that you linked there. Let's try it!

I'm now more anxious to try this bomb. biggrin.gif

PS: I'll share some of this stuff at my facebook. What's your facebook profile to tag you?

--------------------
My lessons

Do you need a Guitar Plan?
Join Gab's Army

Check my band:Cirse
Check my soundcloud:Soundcloud

Please subscribe to my:Youtube Channel

+Quote Post
yoncopin
May 3 2016, 03:08 AM
Experienced Tone Seeker
Prototype is wired and working! This pedal is really great (I I do say so myself smile.gif). The drilling went great and everything fits nicely. The powdercoated enclosure is on the way and then I'll build the final one. In the meantime, I have some jamming to do....

--------------------

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
May 3 2016, 04:04 PM
Instructor
Yeah!!! That's looking great!! biggrin.gif

I can't wait to try it... any video to hear it?

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
yoncopin
May 4 2016, 12:33 PM
Experienced Tone Seeker
I had to set everything up, but this is a pretty good demo of how it sounds. My amp had a touch of reverb on the whole time which I didn't notice until after recording. The mic is about and inch from the speaker grille on the edge of the cone. That's why my voice is kinda distant because this is the SM57 amp mic. I'd listen to it at the highest quality, otherwise you're missing some of the detail.

--------------------

+Quote Post
yoncopin
May 4 2016, 01:34 PM
Experienced Tone Seeker
I also think I'm done building my pedals in enclosures, they take too much work, and I'm starting to get a clutter of wires on the floor. I don't need them to be portable because I only play at home. I think I'm going to build a rack cabinet with Eurorack rails and make my pedals as modules, synthesizer style. Then I can use patch cables to modify the signal chain. Like this:

Attached Image

--------------------

+Quote Post
yoncopin
May 4 2016, 03:46 PM
Experienced Tone Seeker
How about this for the top art?

Attached Image

--------------------

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
May 4 2016, 04:10 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (yoncopin @ May 4 2016, 08:33 AM) *
I had to set everything up, but this is a pretty good demo of how it sounds. My amp had a touch of reverb on the whole time which I didn't notice until after recording. The mic is about and inch from the speaker grille on the edge of the cone. That's why my voice is kinda distant because this is the SM57 amp mic. I'd listen to it at the highest quality, otherwise you're missing some of the detail.

What a killer pedal and video mate! I'm amazed of how versatile this pedal is! It can go from a very nice crunchy to a powerful drive and everything sounds cool. I also think that the example of using the booster with the fuzz is killer, it really enhances the effect well. Congrats on your killer job and thanks for this test!

QUOTE (yoncopin @ May 4 2016, 09:34 AM) *
I also think I'm done building my pedals in enclosures, they take too much work, and I'm starting to get a clutter of wires on the floor. I don't need them to be portable because I only play at home. I think I'm going to build a rack cabinet with Eurorack rails and make my pedals as modules, synthesizer style. Then I can use patch cables to modify the signal chain. Like this:

Attached Image

CAN'T WAIT to see this idea in action!!! ohmy.gif smile.gif I think that this is maybe that creative idea that can make your work different to others and who knows.... rolleyes.gif

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
yoncopin
May 4 2016, 04:15 PM
Experienced Tone Seeker
.... and I think this is the final art, ready for label printing.

Attached Image

--------------------

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
May 4 2016, 04:21 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (yoncopin @ May 4 2016, 11:46 AM) *
How about this for the top art?

Attached Image

It's just perfect!!

Just experimenting... I'm still not sure which colour I prefer... what do you think?

Attached Image

mm maybe my sample is a bit orange?

I refereed to this colour: http://www.8thstreet.com/images/visual-sound-jekyl.jpg

however as we already have light in red, I think that green will be a best option!

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
yoncopin
May 4 2016, 05:47 PM
Experienced Tone Seeker
I think those all look good, it's really just whatever you like. The "Military Green" powdercoated enclosure arrives today from here. I got that one because I thought the finish would hold up better for your use. I have the bare metal one too, if you wanted to paint it a different color. I'll keep whichever one for myself. The LED color is not too hard to change, I currently have red in there and I also have green and yellow "in stock". I think you'll like the green/red combo though. The black text and graphics will stand out better than on a darker background color. I also think the real thing is going to be more "military" looking, more olive green. I didn't try very hard to match my mockup graphic.

It'll probably look more like this:
Attached Image

This post has been edited by yoncopin: May 4 2016, 05:55 PM

--------------------

+Quote Post
yoncopin
May 4 2016, 10:24 PM
Experienced Tone Seeker
Ok, the real box came. Here is drilled and with decals drying smile.gif This is definitely my best work yet.

Attached Image
Attached Image
Attached Image

--------------------

+Quote Post
Phil66
May 4 2016, 10:24 PM
Learning Apprentice Player
Sweet but I'd go for blood red with droplets running down the sides smile.gif

This post has been edited by Phil66: May 5 2016, 07:24 AM

--------------------

SEE MY GMC CERTIFICATE

Success is not obtained overnight. It comes in instalments; you get a little bit today, a little bit tomorrow until the whole package is given out. The day you procrastinate, you lose that day's success.

Israelmore Ayivor

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
May 5 2016, 03:12 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (yoncopin @ May 4 2016, 06:24 PM) *
Ok, the real box came. Here is drilled and with decals drying smile.gif This is definitely my best work yet.

Attached Image
Attached Image
Attached Image

Wou!! That's killer mate!! It looks so AWESOME! Let's go for this one!!! smile.gif

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
May 6 2016, 01:54 PM
GMC:er
Looks amazing!! smile.gif Also great idea about the rack! Making boutique pedals that fit in a rack is something I have not seen and would be great IMHO. You can configure it any way you want. The foot controller would be an important part of it of course, so you'd either have to make each pedal midi controllable or at least make the rack midi selectable so that one could turn on and of pedals and set "scenes" with certain pedals on and certain ones off. You could still use killer graphics on the front plates of course which would really make it spiff. smile.gif

Also, could you make an ampifier that takes up one or two blocks? That way, the rack could be the entire rig. Folks could select what they want in their rack and bam, instant riggage smile.gif

Todd

QUOTE (Gabriel Leopardi @ May 5 2016, 10:12 AM) *
Wou!! That's killer mate!! It looks so AWESOME! Let's go for this one!!! smile.gif

+Quote Post
Phil66
May 6 2016, 07:55 PM
Learning Apprentice Player
Sounds great Brian, well done.
Watching your demo made me think about these http://barefootbuttons.com/ wink.gif

Cheers

--------------------

SEE MY GMC CERTIFICATE

Success is not obtained overnight. It comes in instalments; you get a little bit today, a little bit tomorrow until the whole package is given out. The day you procrastinate, you lose that day's success.

Israelmore Ayivor

+Quote Post
yoncopin
May 6 2016, 11:10 PM
Experienced Tone Seeker
QUOTE (Todd Simpson @ May 6 2016, 08:54 AM) *
Looks amazing!! smile.gif Also great idea about the rack! Making boutique pedals that fit in a rack is something I have not seen and would be great IMHO. You can configure it any way you want. The foot controller would be an important part of it of course, so you'd either have to make each pedal midi controllable or at least make the rack midi selectable so that one could turn on and of pedals and set "scenes" with certain pedals on and certain ones off. You could still use killer graphics on the front plates of course which would really make it spiff. smile.gif

Also, could you make an ampifier that takes up one or two blocks? That way, the rack could be the entire rig. Folks could select what they want in their rack and bam, instant riggage smile.gif

Todd

Thanks Todd! Yes, all of that is my plan. I'm currently doing some early designs on how to switch the rack effects with momentary push switches on the individual units and midi selectable with a footswitch like the Behringer FCB1010. I'm learning a lot about electronics and found an awesome site, Circuits.IO which has a really cool virtual breadboard to tinker with.

Thanks Phil, yes I made that video in a hurry and realized after my ratty socks were the stars of the show smile.gif

Finished!!!!! PM me the address where we're sending this beast too, this is probably going to be the trickiest part smile.gif I really hope you like it smile.gif I hope you don't mind, but I'm going to post the finished product to some other places too.

Attached Image
Attached Image
Attached Image
Attached Image

This post has been edited by yoncopin: May 6 2016, 11:12 PM

--------------------

+Quote Post

4 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 12:15 PM