Hey All!, I won't be on for awhile
Nihilist1
Jan 29 2012, 01:14 AM
Learning Apprentice Player
My Fiancee and I split up, so I decided to take some time and re-evaluate what I want out of life. I don't know how long it will be before I pick up an instrument or come back to GMC, but thank you for being an awesome community. Take care of it until I get back.

-Brandon

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
All the elders have fallen down...

Heal her now...

Heal her now...

Grandfather elk
Turned to me
And spoke:

Light the fire deep inside.
Light the fires!

Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
dark dude
Jan 29 2012, 01:27 AM
GMC:er
Sorry to hear that, man. Yeah, you'll need some time to think things over for sure, go for it. Try not to put the instrument down for too long though, it'll allow you to get away from thinking about life for short periods smile.gif Stay strong.

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
Ibanez 2550E
LTD EC-1000 VB
Roland Cube 30W

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Jan 29 2012, 03:45 AM
QUOTE (Nihilist1 @ Jan 28 2012, 07:14 PM) *
My Fiancee and I split up, so I decided to take some time and re-evaluate what I want out of life. I don't know how long it will be before I pick up an instrument or come back to GMC, but thank you for being an awesome community. Take care of it until I get back.

-Brandon

Just awful news man. Do what you have to do. Hopefully, once you pick it up again, you can use this experience and turn it in to some great music. Pulling something positive out of something tragic is what makes music so amazing.

+Quote Post
PosterBoy
Jan 29 2012, 08:14 AM
Learning Roadie
Brandon that sucks, I hope you can see the positives in this. If it's not right then you both aren't wasting any more time on this and have made a lucky escape (even if it doesn't feel like that at this moment in time), or it might just be bringing things to light that need attention. Either way take your time to work out where you want your life to go and who you want to be. You've got our support, as long as you don't give up guitar and start playing accordian.

Take care

--------------------
My SoundCloud

Gear
Tyler Burning Water 2K
Burny RLG90 with BK Emeralds
Fender US Tele with BK Piledrivers
Epiphone 335 with Suhr Thornbuckers
PRS SE Custom 24-08
Ax8

Fessenden SD10 PSG
Quilter TT15

+Quote Post
Gitarrero
Jan 29 2012, 09:50 AM
Accomplished Rock Star
Sorry to hear that Brandon. Been there myself about a year ago, actually playing guitar helped me a lot during that time. But you're right, time to think about your goals in life is necessary. I didn't believe it at that time, but you will see positive things about this in the future, trust me. If you need any help, just tell us.

Christian

--------------------
Check my band project with fellow GMCer VilleFIN
Facebook
Youtube
Soundcloud
Twitter
Instagram

+Quote Post
llibach
Jan 29 2012, 11:00 AM
Learning Rock Star
Remember the thread from ben a while ago what don't kill you can make you stronger. Keep playing and stay strong.

+Quote Post
JD_
Jan 29 2012, 12:04 PM
Learning Roadie
Hey Mate, That sucks for sure. Trust me i have been there before and it was one of the reasons i stopped playing years ago.

Your life continues and moves in a different direction now....

Don't get bitter, get better :-)

All the best mate

--------------------
ESP E2 VIPER CAMO,
ENGL INFERNO 100w,
TWO NOTES CAPTOR X

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Jan 29 2012, 12:54 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (JaxN4 @ Jan 29 2012, 11:04 AM) *
Hey Mate, That sucks for sure. Trust me i have been there before and it was one of the reasons i stopped playing years ago.

Your life continues and moves in a different direction now....

Don't get bitter, get better :-)

All the best mate

+1 for Jordan - the bitter/ better thing has just gone down in my food for thought document biggrin.gif

Anyway, Brandon, balance is everything. I don't know the reasons why you 2 split up and it's not my business, but I realized that being in a relationship (in my case, the first one with real perspectives in about 6-7 years of searching) is a tricky business - I am re-learning what a relationship really is at the moment, because I really have forgotten what it means. Re-evaluate your life, but try not to regret anything - as corny as it may sound, everything happens for a reason.

Take care man, we'll be here when you come back

Cosmin

+Quote Post
JD_
Jan 29 2012, 01:09 PM
Learning Roadie
QUOTE (Cosmin Lupu @ Jan 29 2012, 11:54 AM) *
+1 for Jordan - the bitter/ better thing has just gone down in my food for thought document biggrin.gif

Take care man, we'll be here when you come back

Cosmin

Yea Mate, I was in the exact same situation and I was so angry annoyed and Pis*sed off! And then someone said to me, the quote above, and I was like, hang on this is my life here and I need to take control, I will become a better person out of this....

Life is too short to carry around anger and hate within your self.... (Is that a bit to Hippy like?) unsure.gif

--------------------
ESP E2 VIPER CAMO,
ENGL INFERNO 100w,
TWO NOTES CAPTOR X

+Quote Post
Sensible Jones
Jan 29 2012, 01:15 PM
Sorry to hear this Brandon. Re-evaluation is important at these times and everyone has given some good advice for you. I hope things get better soon and that you'll be back better and stronger than before!
smile.gif

--------------------
I'd rather have a full Bottle in front of me than a full Frontal Lobotomy!!

+Quote Post
Gitarrero
Jan 29 2012, 01:17 PM
Accomplished Rock Star
QUOTE (JaxN4 @ Jan 29 2012, 01:09 PM) *
Yea Mate, I was in the exact same situation and I was so angry annoyed and Pis*sed off! And then someone said to me, the quote above, and I was like, hang on this is my life here and I need to take control, I will become a better person out of this....

Life is too short to carry around anger and hate within your self.... (Is that a bit to Hippy like?) unsure.gif

I thought the exact same thing! While I am still on my way to be a better person, I have accomplished quite a bit in this year after the break-up.
Some even say my guitar playing got better!
But to be honest, the first two weeks were the worst ever, so I'm pretty sure Brandon will need some time before he moves on with his life.

--------------------
Check my band project with fellow GMCer VilleFIN
Facebook
Youtube
Soundcloud
Twitter
Instagram

+Quote Post
Ivan Milenkovic
Jan 29 2012, 02:20 PM
Instructor
Really sorry to hear this man, I understand how empty a person can feel in those moments. Your decision of re-evaluating things in your life is perfectly natural, and will eventually bring new strength to you as a person. My only wish for you is not to neglect music completely, as it can help you very much, and try to be as strong as possible. People can often do "wild" things after these breakups, so it's best to keep it balanced as well.

--------------------
- Ivan's Video Chat Lesson Notes HERE
- Check out my GMC Profile and Lessons
- (Please subscribe to my) YouTube Official Channel
- Let's be connected through ! Facebook! :)

+Quote Post
Sinisa Cekic
Jan 29 2012, 10:02 PM
Instructor
Wish you luck in your future life, and that you have back here as soon as possible wink.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
thefireball
Jan 30 2012, 03:20 AM
Learning Roadie
We wish you well, Brandon. We'll still be here when you come back. smile.gif

-Brandon (same name as me) tongue.gif

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Jan 30 2012, 06:54 PM
Instructor
I'm sorry about this friend. I have a similar situation the last year and it was a very hard moment... It was an 8 years relationship and we lived together for 4 years. At the same I had some job issues and some other things that made me feel that the world was against me!
This moments are good to stop for a moment and think about your life so it's a good decision to take the more relaxed and make balances and new plans based on the things that you love.
I hope that you feel well soon man!

--------------------
My lessons

Do you need a Guitar Plan?
Join Gab's Army

Check my band:Cirse
Check my soundcloud:Soundcloud

Please subscribe to my:Youtube Channel

+Quote Post
Nihilist1
Feb 1 2012, 11:26 AM
Learning Apprentice Player
Thank you all for the support. I am not 100%(far from it), but I need to climb out of this hole. Our relationship ended because of the distance and a few communication errors. Maybe when I finally move back we can rekindle the passion that we had. For now, **** it. My timing is better than ever and I can feel music more than ever before. It is time to kick ass and be the musician I always wanted to be. Since this is the only important thing in my life anymore, I am sure to improve. I am back with a vengeance.

Get ready, Todd. Saturdays are going to be more competitive than ever before!

This post has been edited by Nihilist1: Feb 1 2012, 11:27 AM

--------------------

Heal her now...

Heal her now...

Grandfather elk
Turned to me
And spoke:

Light the fire deep inside.
Light the fires!

+Quote Post
dark dude
Feb 1 2012, 02:53 PM
QUOTE (Nihilist1 @ Feb 1 2012, 10:26 AM) *
For now, **** it. My timing is better than ever and I can feel music more than ever before. It is time to kick ass and be the musician I always wanted to be. Since this is the only important thing in my life anymore, I am sure to improve. I am back with a vengeance.

Love the attitude, hell yeah cool.gif Also, I can't help but derive motivation from this post - cheers!!

--------------------
Ibanez 2550E
LTD EC-1000 VB
Roland Cube 30W

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Feb 1 2012, 04:26 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (Nihilist1 @ Feb 1 2012, 07:26 AM) *
Thank you all for the support. I am not 100%(far from it), but I need to climb out of this hole. Our relationship ended because of the distance and a few communication errors. Maybe when I finally move back we can rekindle the passion that we had. For now, **** it. My timing is better than ever and I can feel music more than ever before. It is time to kick ass and be the musician I always wanted to be. Since this is the only important thing in my life anymore, I am sure to improve. I am back with a vengeance.

that sounds great mate!! Now we are talking! I wish you all the best on this new step of your life! smile.gif

--------------------
My lessons

Do you need a Guitar Plan?
Join Gab's Army

Check my band:Cirse
Check my soundcloud:Soundcloud

Please subscribe to my:Youtube Channel

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th April 2024 - 02:21 PM