New Song + Youtube Account, check it out
ElHombre
Feb 18 2013, 07:03 PM
Learning Rock Star
Hello

I have just completed recording my new fusion song and managed to get it on youtube on my new account.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ughKLJk1h2c...eature=youtu.be

Please subscribe to my new youtube channel. I will post both my own songs and covers and jamming.
Check out the song and give som feedback

Cheers

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
audiopaal
Feb 18 2013, 11:09 PM
Competitions Coordinator - Up the Irons
Wow, that was great smile.gif
And looks like you got some serious gear there, yours? smile.gif

Thanks for sharing!

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

+Quote Post
ElHombre
Feb 19 2013, 08:16 AM
Learning Rock Star
QUOTE (audiopaal @ Feb 18 2013, 11:09 PM) *
Wow, that was great smile.gif
And looks like you got some serious gear there, yours? smile.gif

Thanks for sharing!

Thanks
No this is at the local studio smile.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Feb 19 2013, 08:46 AM
Instructor
Congrats again Erik!

I checked it out last night and wrote you in your thread wink.gif

Cosmin

+Quote Post
ElHombre
Feb 19 2013, 01:22 PM
Learning Rock Star
and thank you for the help Cosmin, and also thanks to Alex Feather smile.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Feb 19 2013, 02:32 PM
Instructor
Excellent! I already commented and make a question about this at Gab's Army thread! smile.gif

--------------------
My lessons

Do you need a Guitar Plan?
Join Gab's Army

Check my band:Cirse
Check my soundcloud:Soundcloud

Please subscribe to my:Youtube Channel

+Quote Post
ElHombre
Feb 19 2013, 08:21 PM
Learning Rock Star
help me to come up with a name for it.. I cant smile.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Feb 20 2013, 08:22 AM
Instructor
Number One
Incipient
A new beginning
Sunrise
Ready, set, go!

These are the names that came to mind this instant, thinking about the fact that this is your first full song, filmed and recorded smile.gif The name should signify a beginning, something new and exciting! smile.gif What do you think?

Cosmin

+Quote Post
ElHombre
Feb 20 2013, 05:25 PM
Learning Rock Star
good ideas cosmin smile.gif I will come up with a name for it soon

--------------------

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Feb 20 2013, 05:26 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (ElHombre @ Feb 20 2013, 04:25 PM) *
good ideas cosmin smile.gif I will come up with a name for it soon

Glad you like them man smile.gif I'd be honored if you'd use one!

+Quote Post
Jonas Tamas
Feb 21 2013, 09:19 AM
GMC:er
QUOTE (ElHombre @ Feb 18 2013, 07:03 PM) *
Hello

I have just completed recording my new fusion song and managed to get it on youtube on my new account.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ughKLJk1h2c...eature=youtu.be

Please subscribe to my new youtube channel. I will post both my own songs and covers and jamming.
Check out the song and give som feedback

Cheers

Hi Erik, congratulations for your first youtube video! I like your song, and I'm curious what song title it will get. Cosmin has listed some great ideas!

My favorite part was around 1:48, where the chorus begins with some cool airy keyboards and great guitar melodies.

One suggestion: I would use a different lead guitar tone, one with a bit less gain and 'bite'. It would suit better the style of the song. Check out Brett Garsed's tone on his Big Sky or Dark Matter albums (you'll find some songs on YouTube).

Thumbs up, and let us know when you have new videos!

+Quote Post
ElHombre
Feb 21 2013, 02:43 PM
Learning Rock Star
Yes I have been trying to get a tone with less distortion but I feel that I loose a lot of sustain.
To get rid of the distortion I sometimes use a rubber band but I could use on of these fret wraps but they are not sold outside US I guess.

I have listen to a lot of videos where the player got a tone with little distortion and yet much sustain and "alive" tone

--------------------

+Quote Post
Jonas Tamas
Feb 21 2013, 02:52 PM
GMC:er
QUOTE (ElHombre @ Feb 21 2013, 02:43 PM) *
Yes I have been trying to get a tone with less distortion but I feel that I loose a lot of sustain.
To get rid of the distortion I sometimes use a rubber band but I could use on of these fret wraps but they are not sold outside US I guess.

I have listen to a lot of videos where the player got a tone with little distortion and yet much sustain and "alive" tone

I can understand this, I used to rely on a lot of compression and gain as well. For me, the solution was that I gradually lowered the gain, so I did it step by step, until I felt comfortable with less gain and sustain. That way my hands kind of "learned" how to create the sustain "manually", instead relying on outside factors. So if you like this method, then it's worth trying out.

This post has been edited by Jonas Tamas: Feb 21 2013, 02:52 PM

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Feb 21 2013, 05:53 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (Jonas Tamas @ Feb 21 2013, 01:52 PM) *
I can understand this, I used to rely on a lot of compression and gain as well. For me, the solution was that I gradually lowered the gain, so I did it step by step, until I felt comfortable with less gain and sustain. That way my hands kind of "learned" how to create the sustain "manually", instead relying on outside factors. So if you like this method, then it's worth trying out.

I agree with Jonas - I am in the process as we speak smile.gif I only practice with a tone that has lesser and lesser gain. Now when I switch back to my big gain tone, it feels a lot easier to play some things indeed, but I feel like the level of expression is not satisfactory anymore. I decided I want to work extra on technique just to be able to have a better expression level smile.gif

+Quote Post
ElHombre
Feb 22 2013, 12:31 AM
Learning Rock Star
yes i will try it good advice smile.gif
A very high gain lead tone feels smoother to play with but doesnt always sound so good on a recording.
Less gain might sound better on recordings so I got to get used more playing with these tones

--------------------

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Feb 22 2013, 08:45 AM
Instructor
It's the same with riffing, mate smile.gif You would be surprised to know that big sounding guitars don't have too much gain!

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 24th April 2024 - 07:28 AM