Decaying Quality, in reaper
jstcrsn
Jan 10 2014, 01:54 PM
Learning Tone Master
when I first start recording my guitar plugins sound good, the longer the session the more static gets added ( in my phones)to my guitar sometimes to the point that I have to reboot reaper, is there a setting I can change to stop this?

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

This post has been edited by jstcrsn: Jan 10 2014, 01:54 PM
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Socky42
Jan 10 2014, 01:59 PM
GMC:er
Try using "Flush FX on Stop". I think it's under Audio -> Playback.

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Jan 10 2014, 02:27 PM
Instructor
Hi mate, I honestly can't help you with this one because I've never used Reaper. I hope that Socky's comment help, if not let's wait for another Reaper user.

--------------------
My lessons

Do you need a Guitar Plan?
Join Gab's Army

Check my band:Cirse
Check my soundcloud:Soundcloud

Please subscribe to my:Youtube Channel

+Quote Post
jstcrsn
Jan 10 2014, 02:54 PM
Learning Tone Master
QUOTE (Socky42 @ Jan 10 2014, 01:59 PM) *
Try using "Flush FX on Stop". I think it's under Audio -> Playback.

seemed to do the trick, thanks

+Quote Post
miguelbatalha
Jan 10 2014, 06:16 PM
QUOTE (jstcrsn @ Jan 10 2014, 01:54 PM) *

it could've been worse.

great that is working now

+Quote Post
jstcrsn
Jan 10 2014, 06:56 PM
Learning Tone Master
QUOTE (jstcrsn @ Jan 10 2014, 02:54 PM) *

well it started crackling and poppin, so I guess that didn't do it, any other Ideas
I7 processor , 6ram/ 3 dedicated. plenty storage left , so I don't know why running it through reaper as sort of a stand alone would do this

I also reinstalled reaper and the interface driver

This post has been edited by jstcrsn: Jan 10 2014, 07:08 PM

+Quote Post
Darius Wave
Jan 11 2014, 12:58 PM
Instructor
Your issue is a pure magic to me...Always had some problems with usb devices and the same clipping/popping issues. Never found a common reason for this.

One of the tips is to disconnect every unnecessary usb device like printer, usb storage, usb to midi keyboard etc. I'm still working on my firewire interface and it works well same with old pc as with the new generation. Now my second audio interface - usb has always been a problem. Even with a highest buffer size and recording miced cab I have some problems. For example...it mess the timming of the track. when I record something on usb and export track I have a synchro problems while importing to a second PC. And...it's now about "move the tracj and fit to tempo". It's about.... "First 4 bars go ok and somehow nex two sound like i na different tempo". That's a disaster

+Quote Post
Saoirse O'Shea
Jan 13 2014, 07:27 PM
Moderator - low level high stakes
Not at home at the mo but it sounds to me like it may be a USB audio issue that induces timing issues that result in pops and drop outs that get progressively worse with time. I'd start by checking if you have any USB issues showing up in your hardware management profiles. If you can also update any USB drivers etc particularly for whatever your external audio card/interface that may help aswell.

--------------------
Get your music professionally mastered by anl AES registered Mastering Engineer. Contact me for Audio Mastering Services and Advice and visit our website www.miromastering.com

Be friends on facebook with us here.

We use professional, mastering grade hardware in our mastering studo. Our hardware includes:
Cranesong Avocet II Monitor Controller, Dangerous Music Liasion Insert Hardware Router, ATC SCM Pro Monitors, Lavry Black DA11, Prism Orpheus ADC/DAC, Gyratec Gyraf XIV Parallel Passive Mastering EQ, Great River MAQ 2NV Mastering EQ, Kush Clariphonic Parallel EQ Shelf, Maselec MLA-2 Mastering Compressor, API 2500 Mastering Compressor, Eventide Eclipse Reverb/Echo.

+Quote Post
jstcrsn
Jan 13 2014, 11:27 PM
Learning Tone Master
QUOTE (tonymiro @ Jan 13 2014, 07:27 PM) *
Not at home at the mo but it sounds to me like it may be a USB audio issue that induces timing issues that result in pops and drop outs that get progressively worse with time. I'd start by checking if you have any USB issues showing up in your hardware management profiles. If you can also update any USB drivers etc particularly for whatever your external audio card/interface that may help aswell.

more tinkering has lead me to believe it is the usb , I just don't know how to check for issues or updates/I did uninstall and reinstall driver , think that would have updated it ?. Thanks Tony

+Quote Post
Mertay
Jan 14 2014, 12:24 AM
Just keep in mind as the last resort update the bios

--------------------

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd April 2024 - 05:57 PM