> Rules

Here is where the magic happens: the REC board turns bedroom guitarists into real pros. Remember - it doesn't matter if you fail or pass, as long as you keep posting REC takes you will progress.

The entries will be graded by a number of instructors. After grading, members will be accredited with the appropriate points if they pass, and adjustments will be made to their REC level.
Passing grade is 6 or higher.

* Submit your REC take!
* More info
* Score board
* Recording tutorial

Bullet For My Valentine Style, Lesson By Gabriel Leopardi
Grade
1-10
1 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
2 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
3 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
4 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
5 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
6 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
7 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
8 [ 3 ] ** [100.00%]
9 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
10 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
Total Votes: 3

VilleFIN
Jun 24 2014, 04:24 PM
Tone Seeker
Original lesson: Bullet For My Valentine Style by Gabriel Leopardi
Hey guys !
Here's my new video.
This is in Drop - D

But somehow my camera didn't focus on me dry.gif

Oh, well I hope I could get some extra points because of t-shirt wink.gif

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

This post has been edited by WeePee: Jun 24 2014, 04:26 PM
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Ben Higgins
Jun 24 2014, 08:11 PM
Instructor
Is it possible to grade a zero ??

wink.gif

Just kidding V-Man, this was very solid ! Your rhythm chops are very good, you're able to switch between palm muted and non palm muted really well.

The only thing that didn't quite sit right was the hammer on / pull off licks from 0:50 onward. Your not quite getting the open D string to sound. It suggests your pull-off technique needs more work than your hammer on technique.

That's my only real observation of things to improve smile.gif

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Jun 25 2014, 08:15 AM
Instructor
Howdy man!

I agree with Ben on this one, in respect to the open D string pulloffs and I would also add that the last part - from 01:28 onwards is a bit out of balance - I think you tensed up a bit and thus, your were not so tight with the drums. I know it's a little difficult to keep the pulse there, because of the busy drum fill, so that could be a reason as well wink.gif

Most likely just something you can easily fix if you anticipate the move and focus a bit on it!

Keep rocking, good Sir!

Cosmin

+Quote Post
Guido Bungenstoc...
Jun 25 2014, 09:37 PM
Instructor
Wow, really great!!
the only thing I would criticize is that you sometimes loose a bit your timing. The connection to the drums is really important here, specially in this kind of style

Extra point because of your T-Shirt! tongue.gif

--------------------
FIND ME HERE AT:
Guidorist.com

+Quote Post
Fran
Jun 27 2014, 04:47 PM
Learning Rock Star - Wiki Coordinator
Pass: 8

--------------------
Guitars:
Fender American Deluxe Stratocaster, Ibanez RG2570MZ, Epiphone SG G-400
Amp:
Vox AC4TVH head + V112TV cab
Effects:
Vox Satchurator, Vox Time Machine, Dunlop CryBaby, Boss MT-2, Boss CE-5, Boss TU-2, Boss ME-70
Recording:
Line-6 POD X3 + FBV-Express, Pandora PX5D

GMC wants YOU to take part in our Guitar-Wikipedia!
Have a good time reading great articles and writing your own with us in our GUITAR WIKI!
Share your playing and get Pro-advice from our Instructors: Join REC

+Quote Post

Closed TopicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 16th April 2024 - 03:33 PM