Just A Thought
vampire18
Apr 14 2009, 09:03 PM
Learning Rock Star
tabs are about the only practical way of learning guitar songs. you cant really learn them comfortably from notes. so guitar pro is huge improvement but i thought why not do a guitar hero like way to learn songs. you can have your 6 strings just like in the game and than the notes are "coming" towards you. maybe put a little round dot like in the game with the fret number written on it and the color of it represents the note. than you get it all timing, whats coming a bit ahead, visualization , just as comfortable as tabs because of the number but you also get the extra info which is the note and timing. and im taking an even bigger leap here but music is just stops and notes both of which are more than measurable by a machine so if you plug your signal into the computer it can even analyze your playing.
im sure it would be complicated as hell but what do you say?

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Muris Varajic
Apr 14 2009, 10:39 PM
Instructor
Just a tiny correction, in tabs you don't have timings, pauses etc,
note scores do have all that ,
so, combining both probably leads to fastest way
of reading/learning/playing a solo, tune or whatever. smile.gif

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
Youtube
MySpace
Website

Album "Let It Out" on
iTunes
and CD Baby

Check out my video lessons and instructor board!

The Pianist
tune is progress,check it out!

"ok.. it is great.. :P

have you myspace? Can i to personalize this for you guy?"

+Quote Post
Ivan Milenkovic
Apr 14 2009, 10:45 PM
Instructor
Guitar Pro still has score on top of tabs so you can keep track timing, pauses and other important music signs. When you export tab as ASCII, GP will mark the timing on top of the tabs with letters (H, Q, E, S etc), so you don't get lost in rhythm reading tabs. I think both things are important, every guitar score should have both tabs and score in parallel.

--------------------
- Ivan's Video Chat Lesson Notes HERE
- Check out my GMC Profile and Lessons
- (Please subscribe to my) YouTube Official Channel
- Let's be connected through ! Facebook! :)

+Quote Post
Muris Varajic
Apr 14 2009, 10:54 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (Ivan Milenkovic @ Apr 14 2009, 11:45 PM) *
every guitar score should have both tabs and score in parallel.

Yeah, that would be a guitar score. biggrin.gif

--------------------
Youtube
MySpace
Website

Album "Let It Out" on
iTunes
and CD Baby

Check out my video lessons and instructor board!

The Pianist
tune is progress,check it out!

"ok.. it is great.. :P

have you myspace? Can i to personalize this for you guy?"

+Quote Post
vampire18
Apr 14 2009, 10:56 PM
Learning Rock Star
the problem i have with guitar pro is that i would find it much more helpful if they would put the name of the note instead of its music sign or however thats called. i think it would be much more pratical for knowing what you are doing. i think doing a guitar hero style program with 6 strings and on each one an orb which represents the note y color and fret by number would be a perfect learning machine. you could squeeze all you want from something. notes timing and fret num. the thing i find annoying about tabs isnt the lack of timing. its the lack of note names and chord names so i can really know what im playing.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Red
Apr 14 2009, 11:07 PM
GMC:er
QUOTE (vampire18 @ Apr 14 2009, 11:56 PM) *
the problem i have with guitar pro is that i would find it much more helpful if they would put the name of the note instead of its music sign or however thats called.

It isn't really that hard to memorize the names of the notes, and putting the name of the note instead would look really wierd i think.

--------------------
Guitars: Epiphone SG, a really bad Telecaster (First Electric), Acoustic guitar (Unknown brand).

Amplifier: Marshall MG 30DFX.

Soon to come: Schecter Hellraiser C-7 FR

+Quote Post
purple hayes
Apr 14 2009, 11:28 PM
Ultimate Guitar Hero
QUOTE (Red @ Apr 14 2009, 06:07 PM) *
It isn't really that hard to memorize the names of the notes, and putting the name of the note instead would look really wierd i think.

I agree. Can't be that hard, there's only 7 unique notes per scale and they go in order up the lines and spaces.

/I say that tongue in cheek because I can only read music at a very basic level.

--------------------
My guitar bits on YouTube: <a href="https://www.youtube.com/duathlon70" target="_blank">https://www.youtube.com/duathlon70</a>

+Quote Post
vampire18
Apr 14 2009, 11:37 PM
Learning Rock Star
but every note has a million different places it appears on the guitar and fretboard knowledge might be the most important and boringggggggggg thing a guitarist should know so i just thought it would make it easier and better understand what it is were playing

--------------------

+Quote Post
rokchik
Apr 14 2009, 11:54 PM
The Dark Canuck
QUOTE (vampire18 @ Apr 14 2009, 07:37 PM) *
but every note has a million different places it appears on the guitar and fretboard knowledge might be the most important and boringggggggggg thing a guitarist should know

I use to think this way too until I actually started looking at guitar theory. Yes it can be very dry but I found it very motivating when I could finally pick out all the places to play "C" or "E" etc. But you have a very interesting idea there for sure.

rok

+Quote Post
Bogdan Radovic
Apr 15 2009, 12:19 PM
Bass & Beginner Instructor
Hmm I think I read here in the forum that the "Guitar hero like" game but played with real guitar (and frets) is in development ! smile.gif That will be fun! smile.gif I can't find the video/link though sad.gif

This post has been edited by Bogdan Radovic: Apr 15 2009, 12:19 PM

--------------------
For GMC support please email support (at) guitarmasterclass.net
Check out my lessons and my instructor board.
Check out my beginner guitar lessons course! ; Take a bass course now!

+Quote Post
Red
Apr 15 2009, 12:47 PM
GMC:er
QUOTE (vampire18 @ Apr 15 2009, 12:37 AM) *
but every note has a million different places it appears on the guitar and fretboard knowledge might be the most important and boringggggggggg thing a guitarist should know so i just thought it would make it easier and better understand what it is were playing

It's only boring until you know it well smile.gif

--------------------
Guitars: Epiphone SG, a really bad Telecaster (First Electric), Acoustic guitar (Unknown brand).

Amplifier: Marshall MG 30DFX.

Soon to come: Schecter Hellraiser C-7 FR

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 25th April 2024 - 10:14 AM