C-1 Hellraiser
vampire18
May 17 2009, 06:28 PM
Learning Rock Star
what do you know about it?, since i bought the pod i bought my old guitar some more time but still im looking for a replacement and i was pretty set on the rg1570L but than someone brought to my attention the 95% of schecters come in left handed models. i know it might seem stupid to you, hack its stupid but i would much rather buy and support a company that supports me back.

so i was looking for something like it and found the c-1 hellraiser or the fr if i want the tremolo and they both come in that amazing red color(though god what would i give for a deep sea green one if anyone knows of a lefty coming in the color link me lol), anyways i wanted to know what you think about it and what i should know since there is no way i can try it before i buy it(i cant try the rg either) and what other models do you recommend i take a look at?

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
ZakkWylde
May 17 2009, 06:38 PM
Learning Tone Master
First of all: Hellraisers only come in red, black and white -.-

The C-1 hellraiser is a great guitar with incredible specs for the price you pay, that Ibanez is proüably a bit better in terms of built quality but the Vibrato and the pickups on it aren't too good, just standard while you get an original floyd Rose and EMG active pickups on the Schecter...

The sound and playability is quite diffrent; the Schecter is heavy (mahagony), warm sounding with a normal neck and heavy metal pickups while the RG is light (basswood), high sounding with a very thin neck and cheap allround pickups.

Unfortunatley you don't have too many choices in lefty guitars... Maybe a Gibson Les Paul Studio or a Jackson Soloist or Dinky possibilities

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------

Gear:
- Jackson USA Select KV2 King V with EMG 81/85
- Gibson Les Paul Custom Arctic White with EMG 81/85
- Ibanez Rg 8527 J Custom 7-String with DiMarzio Evolution and Air Norton

- Peavey 6505+ head with Marshall 1960AV 4x12 cab
- Peavey Vypyr 30 Practice Amp
- Dunlop Crybaby From Hell, Maxon OD808, Boss TU-2, MXR CarbonCopy, ISP Decimator, MXR Custom Audio Electronics Booster

+Quote Post
vampire18
May 17 2009, 06:53 PM
Learning Rock Star
QUOTE (ZakkWylde @ May 17 2009, 07:38 PM) *
First of all: Hellraisers only come in red, black and white -.-

The C-1 hellraiser is a great guitar with incredible specs for the price you pay, that Ibanez is proüably a bit better in terms of built quality but the Vibrato and the pickups on it aren't too good, just standard while you get an original floyd Rose and EMG active pickups on the Schecter...

The sound and playability is quite diffrent; the Schecter is heavy (mahagony), warm sounding with a normal neck and heavy metal pickups while the RG is light (basswood), high sounding with a very thin neck and cheap allround pickups.

Unfortunatley you don't have too many choices in lefty guitars... Maybe a Gibson Les Paul Studio or a Jackson Soloist or Dinky possibilities

i play mostly metal and shred guitar think from lian to muris lol
im also open to other schecter offers since almost all of them come left handed
the slsmg soloist comes left handed????

--------------------

+Quote Post
ZakkWylde
May 17 2009, 06:59 PM
Learning Tone Master
Nope only the american made soloist and Flyng V styles (quite expensive though but well wort it) and the Dinky series come lefthanded.

A good allreounder (from Muris to Lian) are the Schecter Blackjack Series with passive Seymour Duncan Pickups

--------------------

Gear:
- Jackson USA Select KV2 King V with EMG 81/85
- Gibson Les Paul Custom Arctic White with EMG 81/85
- Ibanez Rg 8527 J Custom 7-String with DiMarzio Evolution and Air Norton

- Peavey 6505+ head with Marshall 1960AV 4x12 cab
- Peavey Vypyr 30 Practice Amp
- Dunlop Crybaby From Hell, Maxon OD808, Boss TU-2, MXR CarbonCopy, ISP Decimator, MXR Custom Audio Electronics Booster

+Quote Post
helo92
Apr 20 2010, 01:48 AM
GMC:er
QUOTE (ZakkWylde @ May 17 2009, 07:59 PM) *
Nope only the american made soloist and Flyng V styles (quite expensive though but well wort it) and the Dinky series come lefthanded.

A good allreounder (from Muris to Lian) are the Schecter Blackjack Series with passive Seymour Duncan Pickups

do you now a shop in Germany that sells lefthanded Blackjacks??

--------------------
<a href="http://www.wacken.com/" target="_blank"><embed src="http://banner.wacken.com/banner/WOA_Banner2010_468x60_090904_cw.swf" quality="high" width="468" height="60"></embed></a>

+Quote Post
Marc_Maiden
Apr 20 2010, 02:14 AM
Right now i am using a Schecter C1 Plus.

its a beautiful guitar, and incredible playing and sounding. The stock pick ups sound really good, and i get pretty great metal tones from it. the neck feels a little more comfortable to me than an ibanez only because its a bit more round so it fits my big hands better.

you can coil tap the bridge and neck pick up, and it each pick up has its own volume knob.

my next guitar is going to be this guitar, but in 7 string form for sure. The only thing is you should try one before you buy. After playing mine, i went to guitar center and tried out the same one, and it played horribly.

either way, schecter has managed to really impress me, and this is coming from a person who has played ibanez guitars for 7 years now.

the way i rank it

MIJ ibanez guitars up until the year 2000 > schecter

Schecter > ibanez after the year 2000

--------------------
- Marc
Current Set up:
Atomic Reactor 2x12 Cab/power amp with a Digitech rp1000 as a preamp
Schecter c1 plus electric guitar

+Quote Post
Santiago Diaz Ga...
Apr 20 2010, 07:22 AM
One student have that same guitar and it plays and sound fabolous. Totally reccomend it

+Quote Post
Ivan Milenkovic
Apr 20 2010, 02:56 PM
Instructor
I have tested several of them in the store, and I think they are very comfortable modern voiced guitars. Their price is also excellent for what they give, so I recommend it based on that experience. You should definitely check it out and test it yourself.

--------------------
- Ivan's Video Chat Lesson Notes HERE
- Check out my GMC Profile and Lessons
- (Please subscribe to my) YouTube Official Channel
- Let's be connected through ! Facebook! :)

+Quote Post
Praetorian
Apr 20 2010, 06:55 PM
Learning Apprentice Player & Challenge Star
I LOVE the C-1 Hellraiser FR! Beautiful guitar, and what you get for the money is crazy!

--------------------
Ben

Fender American Standard Stratocaster
Ibanez RG4EXQM1

+Quote Post
NoSkill
Apr 20 2010, 09:53 PM
Experienced Tone Seeker
I have a C-1 Hellraiser FR, and a C-1 Blackjack hard tail. I much prefer the neck on the Blackjack as it's a thinner neck. The guitar build on both is really quite exceptional. The playability and tones in both are excellent. If I had to pick one, I'd pick the Blackjack. The neck on the Hellraiser has a smaller radius (thicker rounder feeling neck,) than the Blackjack. The Blackjack's neck feel VERY similar to my USA Jackson SL1 Solist.

--------------------

Still looking for my soul mate, guitar.

+Quote Post
Praetorian
Apr 21 2010, 12:05 AM
Learning Apprentice Player & Challenge Star
QUOTE (NoSkill @ Apr 20 2010, 04:53 PM) *
I have a C-1 Hellraiser FR, and a C-1 Blackjack hard tail. I much prefer the neck on the Blackjack as it's a thinner neck. The guitar build on both is really quite exceptional. The playability and tones in both are excellent. If I had to pick one, I'd pick the Blackjack. The neck on the Hellraiser has a smaller radius (thicker rounder feeling neck,) than the Blackjack. The Blackjack's neck feel VERY similar to my USA Jackson SL1 Solist.

Well then, feel free to ship that FR straight down to me! I'll surely give 'er a good home! tongue.gif

--------------------
Ben

Fender American Standard Stratocaster
Ibanez RG4EXQM1

+Quote Post
zen
Apr 21 2010, 01:47 AM
Learning Tone Seeker
QUOTE (helo92 @ Apr 20 2010, 10:48 AM) *
do you now a shop in Germany that sells lefthanded Blackjacks??

Sorry dude. I know you resurrected this thread with that query but you now have schecter freaks all over you telling you how good it is .. laugh.gif
I totally agree with them but thats not what you asked.
It's best if you open up a new thread with your query smile.gif

--------------------
"If the need is deep, you WILL find a way , if it isn't, you'll find some excuse"

Check out my Student Instructor Lesson on Metal Riffing HERE

Visit My Youtube Channel

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 24th April 2024 - 12:17 PM