Perfect Pitch
AdamB
Apr 13 2012, 03:43 PM
GMC:er
Hi,

I have been doing ear training of late, I'm trying to find someone who has taught themselves perfect pitch. I have read a lot of articles on the web about it, and it seems a lot of people think it can't be learnt. I wanted to find out if there is anyone here who can say that they have learnt it (in that they didn't posses perfect pitch abilities when they were a child but learnt it as an adult). I basically want some indication of whether I can learn it.

You see, I am trying to learn it myself, I'm just listening to loops of a piano playing C over and over and trying to sing C every day to memorize how it sounds, but so far it's not going well, I'm not seeing much improvement.

Also, some more info - I've been doing a lot of relative pitch exercises, if I use a relative pitch tool on the computer (like at musicthoery.net), I score > 90% every time, and have hit 100% before. I find that easy as anything now, however; I cannot tell pitches apart when listening to real music. If I stick a track on with a strong melody line, I find it impossible to name the intervals that are being played. Why is this? What can I do about it?

Any thoughts?

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Start new topic
Replies
Cosmin Lupu
Apr 14 2012, 10:26 AM
Instructor
Man, I recommend David Lucas Burge's Perfect Pitch and Relative pitch courses. I only tried the Relative pitch one and it worked out pretty well. smile.gif

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 02:38 PM