5 Pages V  « < 3 4 5  
Endorsement - Elixir Strings
Marcus Lavendell
Apr 24 2008, 07:50 AM
Instructor
QUOTE (shammy @ Apr 24 2008, 06:19 AM) *
I haven't been around much lately,doing more playing and jamming no time for p.c., but i do stop by when I'm on to check on you marcus and this is wonderful news to hear about your endorsement with elixir. I always knew that you were a great player and your soul and emotion is undeniably noticeable. I know in my heart that you will be in for a great ride to come,no gimmicks needed when you play like you do, Peace brother

Wow! Thanks a lot for your kind words Shammy! smile.gif

QUOTE (MickeM @ Apr 24 2008, 07:36 AM) *
I bought my first set of Elixir strings last saturday. So Marcus, you can tell them it's starting to pay off wink.gif

laugh.gif Great Micke! I will let them know, thanks! biggrin.gif
Btw, how do you like them so far? What set did you buy?

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
I use Elixir® Strings

Check out my video lessons and instructor board!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
SensE
Apr 24 2008, 08:02 AM
GMC:er
Marcus, you well deserve the honor. I can't wait for youe new lesson. Why it takes that long = = ?

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

+Quote Post
MickeM
Apr 24 2008, 08:12 AM
Born of NWOBHM, Moderation Team Leader
QUOTE (Marcus Lavendell @ Apr 24 2008, 08:50 AM) *
laugh.gif Great Micke! I will let them know, thanks! biggrin.gif
Btw, how do you like them so far? What set did you buy?

Nanoweb 010 and I havn't put the on yet, I was thinking of adding new pu's the the same time and I hope to get it done in the weekend. I'm still debating wether I should put the Evolution pu's in my LP or save them for the guitar that I build biggrin.gif desicions desicions laugh.gif

+Quote Post
iainsteward
Apr 28 2008, 02:57 PM
how good are Elixir strings, where I come from they are £8.00 a set which is over double what brands like Dean Markley, D'Addario and Ernie Ball are charging, are they worth paying that much for?!? Do they still last the same length of time, is the tone that much greater to pay over double?!?

Thanks,
Iain!

+Quote Post
Marcus Lavendell
Apr 28 2008, 03:38 PM
Instructor
Hi Iain, smile.gif
I've used the same set for over 3 months now, and there's no sign at all that I'd need to re-string. According to Elixir they last 5 times longer. I wouldn't say the tone is much greater than other high quality strings (I can barely hear any difference). But they feel more comfortable, and they definitely are high quality! Another thing I like that most Elixir users don't mention, is that the coating makes it a bit smoother to play (since you're not touching the steel). Another plus is that you don't have to clean them as often wink.gif

I know you can find them at eBay for a better price. So I think you should try one set and see if you like them.

--------------------
I use Elixir® Strings

+Quote Post
botoxfox
Apr 28 2008, 06:56 PM
You've had them on for 3 months you say? I put nanowebs on my guitar and the high E snapped after 2 days. They haven't gotten dirty tho, which is nice, I've often made mistakes when sliding because of the friction on dirty strings.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Mackietao
Apr 29 2008, 11:48 AM
Maby I should try Elexir next time I restring.. But I do not play that often so I never have to re-string.. =)

I use them on my acoustic steelstringed guitar though.. Have to change more often on that one or else tone and tuning gets worse. The elexir strings has kicked the shit out of other brands I tried on the acoustic. I´m changing strings like 2 times a year on that one when I use Elexir.

+Quote Post
Batista
Apr 29 2008, 01:04 PM
You don't accidentally have a set you don't need do you? tongue.gif My Schecter are screaming for a restring biggrin.gif

--------------------
Seven Deadly Sins, One Deadly Syn

Gear list:
Gibson Les Paul Studio Alpine White
Schecter Damien-6
Vox AD30VT
Boss DS-1
Boss MT-2

+Quote Post
Marcus Lavendell
Apr 29 2008, 01:46 PM
Instructor
Sorry Batista, can't help you there rolleyes.gif smile.gif

--------------------
I use Elixir® Strings

+Quote Post
Batista
Apr 29 2008, 01:56 PM
Darn ^^ Well I think I got a couple of sets with Elixir strings on the shelf myself (followed with my LP), so I might try them then, since they have gotten so good reviews here. smile.gif

--------------------
Seven Deadly Sins, One Deadly Syn

Gear list:
Gibson Les Paul Studio Alpine White
Schecter Damien-6
Vox AD30VT
Boss DS-1
Boss MT-2

+Quote Post
Canis
May 16 2008, 10:57 AM
Learning Rock Star
Can't believe I havent posted here yet ohmy.gif
Congratulations, Marcus ^^

Any news on the other company you've been in contact with? =)

--------------------

+Quote Post
bsamn
May 20 2008, 08:22 PM
Hey marcus,

do you use nanoweb or polyweb?

Congrats either way smile.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Marcus Lavendell
May 20 2008, 09:29 PM
Instructor
Thanks bsamn!

I use Nanoweb smile.gif

--------------------
I use Elixir® Strings

+Quote Post

5 Pages V  « < 3 4 5
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th March 2024 - 03:47 AM