Classic Rock, setting on amp
beebo
Apr 28 2007, 12:38 AM
GMC:er
Hey can anyone give me settings for classic rock ex.(Guns n' Roses)
Also I have a Jackhammer OV/Distorion pedal if that makes a difference! biggrin.gif

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Start new topic
Replies (1 - 7)
beebo
Apr 28 2007, 08:14 PM
26 views and noone will respond

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

+Quote Post
Slammer
Apr 29 2007, 04:36 AM
QUOTE (beebo @ Apr 28 2007, 03:14 PM) *
26 views and noone will respond

maybe if you said what kind of amp you have (i.e what brand, how many watts etc.)
and which tone knobs it has (exam. Reverb, Middle, Bass etc.)

it would give people a better Idea.

just a thought smile.gif

+Quote Post
Pavel
Apr 29 2007, 10:15 AM
Instructor
You'll just have to sit down with your amp and play around with amp settings. It took me 2 days to finally figure out how to set my distortion sound combining distortion pedal with amp equalizer.

--------------------
"It isn't how many years you have been playing, it's how many hours." -- Prashant Aswani

"PRACTICE, PRACTICE, PRACTICE!" -- Michael Angelo Batio

Check out my video lessons and instructor board!

+Quote Post
beebo
Apr 29 2007, 05:37 PM
I have been messing around w/ my amp for about 3 years and it all sounds the same pretty close in the end of all of it. I only have treble and bass on my squier 15 but i do have another amp which I don't use much.

+Quote Post
Iscariott
Apr 29 2007, 07:45 PM
Slash uses Marshall JCM series amps, and Gibson guitars. According to the intarwebs, his settings are usually as follows:

Presence: 7, Bass: 7, Mid: 4.5, Treble: 7, Output Master: 6, Lead Master: 10, Input Gain: 6.5

Your peavy is not going to acurately reproduce this. However, use those settings as a general guideline. Also, slash uses the Wah pedal a great deal, if you dont have one you might want to look into one.

Slash has very much a "tube amp" sound, and without a tube amp its going to be hard to get your sound right.

+Quote Post
Lurgen
Apr 30 2007, 08:02 AM
Using a Frontman 25R, and playing Guns N Roses, I tend to use a little reverb (3-4), middle-of-the road settings for bass, middle, treble (5ish), gain up around 5 or 6, and volume up wherever my neighbours can tolerate it.

Still, these settings won't do you much good unless you have exactly the sort of setup as me.

What you really want to do is experiment with your gear. It takes a bit of messing about to get your head around what the results will be after each minor tweak.

Something else to consider is the tone settings and pickup selector on your guitar. Getting these settings right is (in my opinion) just as important as the amp, if not more so.

--------------------
Guitars: Fender American Vintage 1957 Stratocaster, Fender American Highway One, Maton MS2000 Deluxe
Amps: Fender Hotrod Deluxe, Roland Cube 60, Fender Frontman 25R
Effects: Boss BD-2, OS-2, DD-20, TU-2

+Quote Post
beebo
May 2 2007, 01:10 AM
QUOTE (Lurgen @ Apr 29 2007, 11:02 PM) *
Using a Frontman 25R, and playing Guns N Roses, I tend to use a little reverb (3-4), middle-of-the road settings for bass, middle, treble (5ish), gain up around 5 or 6, and volume up wherever my neighbours can tolerate it.

Still, these settings won't do you much good unless you have exactly the sort of setup as me.

What you really want to do is experiment with your gear. It takes a bit of messing about to get your head around what the results will be after each minor tweak.

Something else to consider is the tone settings and pickup selector on your guitar. Getting these settings right is (in my opinion) just as important as the amp, if not more so.

oh okay thanks for the advice Lurgen and everyone! biggrin.gif
any other help is fine too!

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th April 2024 - 10:46 AM