6 Pages V   1 2 3 > »   
Paradise Lost Collab, Let's make a new hit!
Gabriel Leopardi
Apr 18 2016, 11:38 PM
Instructor
Hello everybody!

Welcome to my new GMC collaboration. This one is based in the style of Paradise Lost and the cool thing is that Kristofer Dahl is already writing lyrics to sing on this one!

As we want to make this song the cooler possible we would like to invite everybody to join and record your solos, guitar arrangements and ideas over the track to use it for the final mix.

Backing track: Attached File  Paradise_Lost_Style.mp3 ( 3.79MB ) Number of downloads: 417

Tempo: 90 bpm

Chord progression:

Intro: (G5 - C5 -Eb5 - D) x2
Verse: (G5 - Eb5 D5 Bb5) x4
Bridge: (Dsus2 - Gm - Bb) x2
Chorus: (G5 - C5 -Eb5 - D) x2

Scales choices:

You can use G minor or G Pentatonic minor everywhere except when Dsus2 chord is played on the bridge. There you MUST be careful and use one of these options: D pentatonic major, D mixolydian or G major scale. If you are a beginner don't worry, avoid playing over this part and jam over the other sections.

Over Dsus4:

IMPORTANT INFO About files required:

In order to make the things easier for compiling takes and mixing I need that each participant shares 3 files:

- Audio file with the mix of the backing and your guitar.
- Audio file only with your guitar (If possible this audio should have the same length than the mix version)
- Video of you playing the solo, and if it's not possible a picture.

The best way to share this is compressing in a zip file to be downloaded from here or using sharing service as dropbox, wetransfer, and copying the link here.

If you decide to share your files using soundcloud please remember to "allow downloads".

Thanks!

DEADLINE: May 18th

Who is in?
---------------------
---------------------

END RESULT:

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
My lessons

Do you need a Guitar Plan?
Join Gab's Army

Check my band:Cirse
Check my soundcloud:Soundcloud

Please subscribe to my:Youtube Channel
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Apr 19 2016, 12:38 AM
GMC:er
Despite my late entry in to the last collab, I"d like to be the first one on in this one smile.gif I think it's built in a way that I could have some very "teachable moments" in the solo section so I'll probably do a chat lesson with bits of the resulting solo. I"m in! smile.gif

Todd

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

+Quote Post
Chris S.
Apr 19 2016, 03:27 AM
Learning Roadie
Count me in, mate! smile.gif

+Quote Post
fzalfa
Apr 19 2016, 06:59 AM
Learning Roadie
Damn !!!

yes !! i let my work down for this one !!!

Laurent

--------------------

<div align="left"> Yes, i love badges.....
</div>

+Quote Post
ChrisGLP
Apr 19 2016, 08:05 AM
Learning Apprentice Player
Hi Gab, I am IN.

I also want to try to add a pipe organ in the background to make it a little bit more "mystical"... ok??

Over the G Major Scale you have written "Over Dsus4".... I think its "Over Dsus2"....?

+Quote Post
Kristofer Dahl
Apr 19 2016, 08:12 AM
GMC Founder
YEAH!!!!

Paradise Lost might be my all time favorite metal band. If you haven't yet - check out the albums "Icon", "Draconian Times" and "Tragic Idol".

I am itching to get recording!

P.S. I'm in wink.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
fzalfa
Apr 19 2016, 08:40 AM
Learning Roadie
Paradise Lost might be my all time favorite metal band. If you haven't yet - check out the albums "Icon", "Draconian Times" and "Tragic Idol".

i have all of these !!!!

draconian time is awesome, i have buyed it when released, it was elected "album of the month" in my favorite metal magasine.
so i buyed it !! no regret !

Tragic idol is awesome too !!

Laurent

--------------------

</div>

+Quote Post
Kristofer Dahl
Apr 19 2016, 08:47 AM
GMC Founder
QUOTE (fzalfa @ Apr 19 2016, 09:40 AM) *
Tragic idol is awesome too !!

Yes - it's really cool to see a band revisit a 'previous sound' of theirs but still with a really fresh approach (I don't feel they are repeating or copying themselves in any way)

--------------------

+Quote Post
fzalfa
Apr 19 2016, 09:21 AM
Learning Roadie
Hey

this is a raw preview of my contrib..... very inspirating !!

https://soundcloud.com/laurent-377054242/paradise-1

another take

https://soundcloud.com/laurent-377054242/paradise-3

Laurent

This post has been edited by fzalfa: Apr 19 2016, 09:54 AM

--------------------

</div>

+Quote Post
Storm Linnebjerg
Apr 19 2016, 02:15 PM
Learning Rock Star
I kinda want to sing on this maybe. Maybe maybe. If there's room for it!

--------------------

Check out my TikTok! - or check out my GMC video comments on YouTube

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Apr 19 2016, 02:21 PM
Instructor
Great guys! I'm sure that this will be a KILLER track when finished! smile.gif

I've never heard newer albums after those that sound closer to Depeche Mode. I also like these albums, as well as the classic style. I'm surprised that they have been editing newer music that sounds as good and fresh as their first productions.

Another band that I like in this style is Katatonia.

QUOTE (fzalfa @ Apr 19 2016, 05:21 AM) *
Hey

this is a raw preview of my contrib..... very inspirating !!

https://soundcloud.com/laurent-377054242/paradise-1

another take

https://soundcloud.com/laurent-377054242/paradise-3

Laurent

Hi Laurent! Cool soloing here! I can use any of these ones for the final track however I know that you can polish even more your take, define phrases and give more attention to feeling. You have more time so keep on working!

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
Kristofer Dahl
Apr 19 2016, 02:29 PM
GMC Founder
QUOTE (Caelumamittendum @ Apr 19 2016, 03:15 PM) *
I kinda want to sing on this maybe. Maybe maybe. If there's room for it!

Go for it mate!! Also, my take might need enhancing with some growling, as I don't do the low type of screams. I hope to have mine up in a week.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Storm Linnebjerg
Apr 19 2016, 02:43 PM
Learning Rock Star
QUOTE (Kristofer Dahl @ Apr 19 2016, 03:29 PM) *
Go for it mate!! Also, my take might need enhancing with some growling, as I don't do the low type of screams. I hope to have mine up in a week.

Awesome, Kris! Do you have the lyrics? smile.gif

--------------------

Check out my TikTok! - or check out my GMC video comments on YouTube

+Quote Post
Kristofer Dahl
Apr 19 2016, 03:08 PM
GMC Founder
QUOTE (Caelumamittendum @ Apr 19 2016, 03:43 PM) *
Awesome, Kris! Do you have the lyrics? smile.gif

Preliminary lyrics:

I’m not in vain
A passing dawn
A lie sustained
A rise & fall

You'll never see the break of dawn
You’ll never meet me until all
Get to feel my broken heart
Don’t try to tell me cause I know...

...I’m not in vain (x4)

--------------------

+Quote Post
fzalfa
Apr 19 2016, 03:33 PM
Learning Roadie
sound dark and good !

agree !

Laurent

--------------------

</div>

+Quote Post
bleez
Apr 19 2016, 05:29 PM
Experienced Tone Seeker
awesome backing track smile.gif

--------------------

You say 'minor pentatonic ' like it's a bad thing

+Quote Post
Chris S.
Apr 19 2016, 08:47 PM
Learning Roadie
My first impression:

https://soundcloud.com/stortzmusic/gmc-paradise-lost-collab-my-take-rough-draft

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Apr 20 2016, 02:41 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (Chris S. @ Apr 19 2016, 04:47 PM) *

Interesting! I like the fact that your phrasing reminds me to Marylin Manson's Sweet Dream solo. Your phrasing is cool, I like how the solo evolves regarding rhythm and notes range.

I think that the note choices can be wiser. Mostly those notes in which you stay. try to analyse the notes compared with the chord sounding and see if there is a better option. It's a slow process but that's how we work on details when solo doesn't appear by once naturally (this magic doesn't always appear). In this cases, hard work is the way. biggrin.gif

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Apr 20 2016, 03:39 PM
GMC:er
Cool take here Fzalfa!! Your hard work is paying dividends!!

Gabe: the guys in katatonia considered themselves Paradise Lost fanboys and it heavily influenced their style. The albums that Paradise did that sound like depeche mode were the most commercially successful that they have ever done but as you might guess it really irritated their fan base when a doom/gothic/metal band went all "synth pop"! smile.gif The new record should be out in JUNE of this year I think. More heavy stuff I hope smile.gif
Todd

QUOTE (Gabriel Leopardi @ Apr 19 2016, 09:21 AM) *
Great guys! I'm sure that this will be a KILLER track when finished! smile.gif

I've never heard newer albums after those that sound closer to Depeche Mode. I also like these albums, as well as the classic style. I'm surprised that they have been editing newer music that sounds as good and fresh as their first productions.

Another band that I like in this style is Katatonia.

Hi Laurent! Cool soloing here! I can use any of these ones for the final track however I know that you can polish even more your take, define phrases and give more attention to feeling. You have more time so keep on working!

+Quote Post
fzalfa
Apr 20 2016, 06:37 PM
Learning Roadie
Finaly i share this take.

https://soundcloud.com/laurent-377054242/paradise-7

Laurent

--------------------

</div>

+Quote Post

6 Pages V   1 2 3 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 03:00 AM