> HEY MAN, I really need your help...

...the thing is, I need you to start progressing faster then ever, but to achieve that I need your help:

* Don't know where to start? Just pm me and we will sort it out directly, I am online every day.

* Join My Army. Sounds aggressive? It is! We can study anything from the most fearsome picking techniques to bombastic songwriting. A medal of honor awaits the brave. Seriously, this is an opportunity for you to get a personalised learning experience...what are you waiting for?!

* Join my next video chat! GMC startpage holds a video chat schedule. We always cover a lot of ground and have fun. Remember that you don't need any previous knowledge, and you can be passive in the chat.

* Jam with me - you will find active collabs here.

* Post a topic on this board, guitar related or not - doesn't matter! You will find that chatting with instructors boosts your motivation to practice.

* You haven't missed my latest video lessons, have you?

* Finally I want to tell you a secret. Nah I changed my mind - pm me instead ;)

13 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 5 > »   
Claudiostrat's Thread, for Gab's Army
Gabriel Leopardi
Dec 8 2020, 02:42 AM
Instructor
Hi Claudio,

Thanks for the update! Great to know that you are working on the neoclassical lesson. That lesson is also good to train your vibrato technique.

Your vibrato is getting better on Santana's lesson. I noticed that now you are using your other fingers to help the one that is pressing the fret. This helped a lot.

Santana's vibrato has always been very fast so this lesson is obviously very demanding. I think that your technique is improving but that you still need more time to feel more comfortable. Your vibrato needs to be more consistent.

Neoclassical solo requires wide but slower vibrato. It will surely help as a previous exercise to master this one as well.

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
My lessons

Do you need a Guitar Plan?
Join Gab's Army

Check my band:Cirse
Check my soundcloud:Soundcloud

Please subscribe to my:Youtube Channel
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
ClaudioStrat
Dec 17 2020, 07:04 PM
Learning Roadie
Hi,
Hope all well!
Below my first recording of the neoclassical Solo.
Probably a few things to iron out, but wanted to share to see what do you think?

Ps really enjoy learning those licks melodies , yes very different vibrato style.
Used the neck pick ups, sounds a bit better than way.

Claudio

QUOTE (Gabriel Leopardi @ Dec 8 2020, 01:42 AM) *
Hi Claudio,

Thanks for the update! Great to know that you are working on the neoclassical lesson. That lesson is also good to train your vibrato technique.

Your vibrato is getting better on Santana's lesson. I noticed that now you are using your other fingers to help the one that is pressing the fret. This helped a lot.

Santana's vibrato has always been very fast so this lesson is obviously very demanding. I think that your technique is improving but that you still need more time to feel more comfortable. Your vibrato needs to be more consistent.

Neoclassical solo requires wide but slower vibrato. It will surely help as a previous exercise to master this one as well.

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Dec 17 2020, 10:31 PM
Instructor
Hi Claudio! Thanks for the video!!

It's nice to see that you've learnt all parts and that you are playing everything clean. There are 3 elements to have to improve:

- Timing: This one should be the main one to fix. You tend to rush the licks in many parts. I recommend you to practice playing the lesson a bit over the instructor focusing on rhythm.

- Vibrato: Your vibrato still needs to work to sound consistent. Remember that the motion should start from your wrist and that you can use the other fingers to help the one that is pressing the fret.

- Bending: There are many half step bends missing here. Review this technique once you fix the timing issues.

Ok mate, that's all by now. This is on the right track. Work on one of these elements per time and let me know if you need any help!

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
ClaudioStrat
Dec 18 2020, 07:52 PM
Learning Roadie
Thanks mate. I can see it now. Already working on it!
Thanks

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Dec 19 2020, 12:22 AM
Instructor
Great!

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
ClaudioStrat
Dec 19 2020, 05:44 PM
Learning Roadie
Hi,

Ok I know this is not perfect (probably overbended) but I think I fixed some timing issues and also trying to work on vibrato, which is quite different from previous video.
That’s why wanted to share to see what you think?

Thanks in advance

This post has been edited by ClaudioStrat: Dec 19 2020, 09:27 PM

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Dec 21 2020, 01:59 PM
Instructor
Hi Claudio!

Good job! The 3 elements are better in this one: Vibrato, bending and timing.

There is off course more work to do but you are definitely on the right track now. The vibrato is still weak and irregular but now you are doing the right movement. You just need to get used to this type of wide vibrato, and to be able to play at the current tempo.

One thing that you can do to practice vibrato is to play over Ben's video but slowed it down (using the player slow downer tool). This will also help you to improve timing.

PS: The second video is set as private.

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
ClaudioStrat
Dec 22 2020, 01:24 PM
Learning Roadie
Hi,

Thanks. For the feedback. I’m away for a couple of weeks, will practice for sure (even have more time now) but not sure Will be able to do recordings as I’m on my headphone amp.

One question on vibrato, I think I start to understand these ideas, but not sure. When you have a minute using this last recording could you point to one vibrato that was on the right track (Assuming there is one!, lol) and another that was wrong and why?

Best,
Claudio

QUOTE (Gabriel Leopardi @ Dec 21 2020, 12:59 PM) *
Hi Claudio!

Good job! The 3 elements are better in this one: Vibrato, bending and timing.

There is off course more work to do but you are definitely on the right track now. The vibrato is still weak and irregular but now you are doing the right movement. You just need to get used to this type of wide vibrato, and to be able to play at the current tempo.

One thing that you can do to practice vibrato is to play over Ben's video but slowed it down (using the player slow downer tool). This will also help you to improve timing.

PS: The second video is set as private.

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Dec 22 2020, 10:25 PM
Instructor
Hi Claudio, thanks for the update! I hope that you have a nice vacation!

The first part of your solo is where your vibrato movement is closer. (for example at 00:07). There you start the movement from your wrist, and it's regular. However, it's still not connected to the backings groove, and is not growing gradually as it should be.

Again, this is the best you can do during the next weeks:

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
ClaudioStrat
Jan 12 2021, 10:28 PM
Learning Roadie
Hi Gabri
Happy new year!

Back at it. I have worked on vibrato and timing. What do you think?

Best,
Claudio

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Jan 13 2021, 02:25 PM
Instructor
Hi Claudio!! Happy new year!!

Great to see you back to practice and GMC! This is a good first take mate. There is still work to do in order to improve both your timing and vibrato. Your vibrato is getting close, but there are parts where you tend to rush a bit, mostly in the first half.

Your vibrato needs to be more consistent, wider, and go more connected with the backing's groove. Remember that you can use the other fingers to help the one that is pressing the fret (This is not applicable when you are pressing with your first finger).

Ok, I hope to find frequent updates here! Let me know if you have any questions!

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
ClaudioStrat
Jan 13 2021, 04:44 PM
Learning Roadie
QUOTE (Gabriel Leopardi @ Jan 13 2021, 01:25 PM) *
Hi Claudio!! Happy new year!!

Great to see you back to practice and GMC! This is a good first take mate. There is still work to do in order to improve both your timing and vibrato. Your vibrato is getting close, but there are parts where you tend to rush a bit, mostly in the first half.

Your vibrato needs to be more consistent, wider, and go more connected with the backing's groove. Remember that you can use the other fingers to help the one that is pressing the fret (This is not applicable when you are pressing with your first finger).

Ok, I hope to find frequent updates here! Let me know if you have any questions!

thanks,

yeah defy keen to work to improve my guitar skills cool.gif in 2021!!

glad to hear the vibrato is improving, I'm starting to get it, need to practice that a bit more (listening to it slow has helped me to hear it, it di take me a while...)

timing wise I know the quick run in the middle was not too precise in this take, but any other part in particular timing-wise ?

cheers,
Claudio

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Jan 13 2021, 05:42 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (ClaudioStrat @ Jan 13 2021, 12:44 PM) *
timing wise I know the quick run in the middle was not too precise in this take, but any other part in particular timing-wise ?

Yes, that's the most important part, but I also notice timing issues at:

- between 00:03 and 00:05
- 00:16
- 00:22
- 00:25
- 00:34
- 00:39 - the quick run
- 00:43
- 00:48
- 00:52
- The last run is a bit rushed.

Please compare these parts with the original lesson and let me know if you can notice it.

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
ClaudioStrat
Jan 13 2021, 06:24 PM
Learning Roadie
QUOTE (Gabriel Leopardi @ Jan 13 2021, 04:42 PM) *
Yes, that's the most important part, but I also notice timing issues at:

- between 00:03 and 00:05
- 00:16
- 00:22
- 00:25
- 00:34
- 00:39 - the quick run
- 00:43
- 00:48
- 00:52

Please compare these parts with the original lesson and let me know if you can notice it.

thanks very much, i can now hear it.

- between 00:03 and 00:05 -> y way too quick
- 00:16 -> y too quick too, even if less soo
- 00:22-> y too quick
- 00:25 -> too slow!!!
- 00:34-> y too quick
- 00:39 - the quick run-> too slow!!! This i new!
- 00:43-> y too quick
- 00:48-> y too quick
- 00:52 -> y too quick (should stay on that note for a bit longer )

when play on top on the original lesson I have better timing (i think), but on the backing track I clearly strugle a bit more to keep it tight.
let me work on it a little, should be able to fix this.

thanks again

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Jan 14 2021, 02:15 PM
Instructor
Great Claudio! Keep me updated.

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
ClaudioStrat
Jan 16 2021, 06:16 PM
Learning Roadie
Hi Grabri,

worked on those elements: timing especially and also adding a couple of fingers on a few wide vibrato helps, i still feel my vibrato is not quite there, definitivewly developing some vibrato finger "muscles" here... laugh.gif

Please see below, notice any progress?

cheers

QUOTE (Gabriel Leopardi @ Jan 14 2021, 01:15 PM) *
Great Claudio! Keep me updated.

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Jan 17 2021, 05:42 PM
Instructor
Hi Claudio, thanks for the new video!

I notice some timing improvements in the first phrases, then things go similar to the previous part.

I have an idea, let me know what you think. I would like you to work on the first 19 seconds and focus on improving these things:

- Make the first note go completely tight with the first drum kit.
- Make the notes at 00:03 sound longer, not as staccato. Make the silence between these notes shorter. (articulation).
- Polish timing at 00:05 (The legato and the following notes).
- Polish timing at 00:16.
- Make the slides at 00:19 sound tighter.

Besides those things, add these more general improvements:,

- Work a bit on guitar tone. Experiment with your EQ balance so you get a tone that sounds closer to the original lessons.
- Your vibrato is getting better, try to make it go even more connected to the backing's groove.

What do you say?

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
ClaudioStrat
Jan 17 2021, 06:11 PM
Learning Roadie
QUOTE (Gabriel Leopardi @ Jan 17 2021, 04:42 PM) *

I notice some timing improvements in the first phrases, then things go similar to the previous part.

I have an idea, let me know what you think. I would like you to work on the first 19 seconds and focus on improving these things:

- Make the notes at 00:03 sound longer, not as staccato. Make the silence between these notes shorter. (articulation).

- Work a bit on guitar tone. Experiment with your EQ balance so you get a tone that sounds closer to the original lessons.
- Your vibrato is getting better, try to make it go even more connected to the backing's groove.

What do you say?

Sounds good! Thanks

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Jan 17 2021, 06:18 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (ClaudioStrat @ Jan 17 2021, 02:11 PM) *
Sounds good! Thanks

Great!

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
ClaudioStrat
Jan 18 2021, 07:53 PM
Learning Roadie
QUOTE (Gabriel Leopardi @ Jan 17 2021, 04:42 PM) *

What do you say?

Hi Gabri,

video attached, I focused on the first 20 sec (based on your comments), but played also the other parts.
Also I start feeling the vibrato a bit more.

Also changed a bit with the tone, there is a little bit of string noise sorry.

what do you think?

thanks in advance, this is really helping.
Claudio

+Quote Post

13 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 5 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 16th April 2024 - 04:06 PM