Symmetrical Scales For Guitar, Learn to build and play symmetrical scales for guitar
The Professor
Jun 17 2013, 02:42 PM
Theory Instructor
What Are Symmetrical Scales

When learning how to play guitar, many of us explore the Pentatonic and Major Scale Systems, as well as other asymmetrical scales and modes. But, you can also expand you soloing chops by checking out Symmetrical Scales in your practice routine.

Symmetrical Scales are those that divide the octave equally and/or use one interval completely to build the entire scale.

Examples of this are the Whole Tone Scale, which is built completely from whole-step intervals. Or, the Augmented Scale, which is build from combining two augmented triads a minor third interval apart.

Check out the lessons below to learn how to play and build these interesting and important scales for guitar.

Symmetrical Scale Lessons

Whole Tone Scales for Guitar

What Are Whole Half Diminished Scales

What Are Half Whole Diminished Scales

What Are Tritone Scales

What Are Augmented Scales

Do you have any questions about these Symmetrical Scale lessons? Post any questions or comments below and I will be happy to answer them for you asap.

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

This post has been edited by The Professor: Jun 21 2013, 11:50 AM

--------------------
Ask me anything on the theory board. Follow my theory course. Check out my personal site
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 04:23 PM