6 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 > »   
New Guitar On The Way!
SixStringSamurai
Jun 25 2014, 10:56 PM
GMC:er
Congrats!

...James is looking a bit tired, isn't he?

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
http://www.six-string-samurai.com - Gear reviews for the terminally GAS-afflicted.

Thank you to John at GMC for inviting me to hang out and talk gear with you guys!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Jun 26 2014, 07:38 AM
Instructor
QUOTE (Gabriel Leopardi @ Jun 25 2014, 03:52 PM) *
Thanks guys for all this info, I'm not very into this stuff but the guitar that I tried from him included a function that allowed you to make the pick ups "single" and it definitely sounded like a Strato! I said him: I want mine like this one! It's awesome how much versatile the guitar becomes.

Thanks Kris for those details, I will definitely check the three features that you listed there. Also, I didn't know that having high output pick ups was an advantage when you decide to split them.

Pablo, the luthier is monitoring this thread so we will be discussing this things to get the best of this guitar. smile.gif

He also send me a picture from the rosewood he will be using for the neck. biggrin.gif

Isn't it beautiful? wub.gif

[attachment=37691:rose.jpg]

Ohoo! It looks very beautiful! Tell us Gabi, what kind of inlays will the neck have? Did you think of something reltad to Cirse, maybe? biggrin.gif

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Jun 28 2014, 03:51 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (SixStringSamurai @ Jun 25 2014, 06:56 PM) *
Congrats!

...James is looking a bit tired, isn't he?

haha yeah, he seems tired. They are all the time touring!

QUOTE (Cosmin Lupu @ Jun 26 2014, 03:38 AM) *
Ohoo! It looks very beautiful! Tell us Gabi, what kind of inlays will the neck have? Did you think of something reltad to Cirse, maybe? biggrin.gif

I haven't thought on this but it's not a bad idea, maybe something connected to my name in the 12th fret... I'm not sure, do you have some cool examples?

--------------------
My lessons

Do you need a Guitar Plan?
Join Gab's Army

Check my band:Cirse
Check my soundcloud:Soundcloud

Please subscribe to my:Youtube Channel

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Jun 30 2014, 07:57 AM
Instructor
QUOTE (Gabriel Leopardi @ Jun 28 2014, 02:51 PM) *
haha yeah, he seems tired. They are all the time touring!

I haven't thought on this but it's not a bad idea, maybe something connected to my name in the 12th fret... I'm not sure, do you have some cool examples?

Well, if I were in your stead, I would most probably relate it to Cirse - but I think writing Cirse could be a bit too much - or maybe not - but I would create something that symbolizes Cirse - I LOVED that tree you guys used for your previous album - this one:

You could use it I think wink.gif

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Jun 30 2014, 04:04 PM
Instructor
The tree of life! It's a very cool idea Cosmin! I will ask Pablo if it's possible to get something like this. smile.gif

Thanks for the amazing suggestion!

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Jul 1 2014, 12:56 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (Gabriel Leopardi @ Jun 30 2014, 03:04 PM) *
The tree of life! It's a very cool idea Cosmin! I will ask Pablo if it's possible to get something like this. smile.gif

Thanks for the amazing suggestion!

Glad you like it Gabi smile.gif

I love that kind of design - illustrated but fantastic somehow - it takes my mind very far!

If I will ever have a custom axe, I will definitely have the Days of Confusion brain/chestnut logo we used on 'Seeds'!

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Jul 7 2014, 05:15 AM
Instructor
QUOTE (Cosmin Lupu @ Jul 1 2014, 08:56 AM) *
Glad you like it Gabi smile.gif

I love that kind of design - illustrated but fantastic somehow - it takes my mind very far!

If I will ever have a custom axe, I will definitely have the Days of Confusion brain/chestnut logo we used on 'Seeds'!

That's would be killer... I can see the day when PRS creates the Custom Cosmin Lupu Guitar! smile.gif This will happen.

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Jul 8 2014, 08:51 AM
Instructor
QUOTE (Gabriel Leopardi @ Jul 7 2014, 04:15 AM) *
That's would be killer... I can see the day when PRS creates the Custom Cosmin Lupu Guitar! smile.gif This will happen.

Hopefully biggrin.gif Until then, I began shooting a Youtube show, fully spoken in Romanian, for the PRS community here - it's called the Romanian PRS Experience and on Sunday, we did the pilot/teaser. Check out these beauties:

Attached image(s)
Attached Image

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Jul 8 2014, 02:25 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (Cosmin Lupu @ Jul 8 2014, 04:51 AM) *
Hopefully biggrin.gif Until then, I began shooting a Youtube show, fully spoken in Romanian, for the PRS community here - it's called the Romanian PRS Experience and on Sunday, we did the pilot/teaser. Check out these beauties:

Wou!! You a rounded of beautiful ladies! biggrin.gif

What's that show based on? It sounds interesting!

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Jul 8 2014, 02:53 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (Gabriel Leopardi @ Jul 8 2014, 01:25 PM) *
Wou!! You a rounded of beautiful ladies! biggrin.gif

What's that show based on? It sounds interesting!

I'm planning to make a post about it tonight, related on how to promote yourself as a center of influence in respect to guitar playing and thus raise awareness on your image as a player biggrin.gif Me and a close friend - who's exactly my opposite, that means VERY tech wise and true connoisseur of gear - believe me, he has seen ad tried pretty much EVERYTHING there is to try out there - have started a Youtube show concept, meant to popularize the PRS brand in Romania. It will feature reviews of both SE, S and USA models and storytelling with famous PRS users from Romania smile.gif The teaser will be ready this week and I will share it here as well wink.gif

+Quote Post
Sensible Jones
Jul 8 2014, 03:15 PM
QUOTE (Cosmin Lupu @ Jul 8 2014, 02:53 PM) *
The teaser will be ready this week and I will share it here as well wink.gif

This sounds great Cosmin! I'm looking forward to it, especially as I'm more of a Gear Head than a player like your friend!
biggrin.gif

--------------------
I'd rather have a full Bottle in front of me than a full Frontal Lobotomy!!

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Jul 8 2014, 07:04 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (Cosmin Lupu @ Jul 8 2014, 10:53 AM) *
I'm planning to make a post about it tonight, related on how to promote yourself as a center of influence in respect to guitar playing and thus raise awareness on your image as a player biggrin.gif Me and a close friend - who's exactly my opposite, that means VERY tech wise and true connoisseur of gear - believe me, he has seen ad tried pretty much EVERYTHING there is to try out there - have started a Youtube show concept, meant to popularize the PRS brand in Romania. It will feature reviews of both SE, S and USA models and storytelling with famous PRS users from Romania smile.gif The teaser will be ready this week and I will share it here as well wink.gif

It sounds very interesting! I hope that there will be a version with English subtitles. smile.gif

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Jul 9 2014, 06:33 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (Gabriel Leopardi @ Jul 8 2014, 06:04 PM) *
It sounds very interesting! I hope that there will be a version with English subtitles. smile.gif

Hehe! It should be a lot of work - if I find someone who's up to the task, sure, why not? I just received the first version of the teaser, but I am not too satisfied with what I played - they asked me to play for about 20 minutes and they took some phrases out of there. I think it's best that I compose something, although I have till Sunday, darn it biggrin.gif

I need to come up with some sort of a jingle of sorts - something catchy that won't last for more than 15-20 seconds, that takes the guitar from clean to distortion. I should start working!

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Aug 27 2014, 12:58 AM
Instructor
Everything together!!

Attached Image

The luthier told me that he is just starting with this one. He's been very busy, and that's a very good thing. Check out these beauties that he has been doing:

Attached Image

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
Mertay
Aug 27 2014, 01:06 AM
I have a feeling yours will look better than those smile.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Aug 27 2014, 04:34 AM
Instructor
QUOTE (Mertay @ Aug 26 2014, 09:06 PM) *
I have a feeling yours will look better than those smile.gif

It will! biggrin.gif

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Aug 27 2014, 06:56 AM
Instructor
I don't know if I told you this already, Gabi, but these axes take my mind towards the PRS S2 Starla or Singlecut/Semihollow singlecut biggrin.gif

Check'em out here, if you haven't already - maybe you will get some ideas to discuss with the luthier - who knows?

http://www.prsguitars.com/s2series/guitars/

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Aug 27 2014, 03:58 PM
Instructor
Thanks for the link Cosmin! Yeah, they are close to these ones! I'll explore them. Mine will be close to the Single cut one.

I'm still defining color and pick ups. I'm not totally sure about which ones choose. I want something versatile, that can go from powerful metal tones to nice clean ones, with good dynamics. If you guys have some more ideas please let me know!

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
bleez
Aug 27 2014, 04:33 PM
Experienced Tone Seeker
QUOTE (Gabriel Leopardi @ Aug 27 2014, 03:58 PM) *
I want something versatile, that can go from powerful metal tones to nice clean ones, with good dynamics. If you guys have some more ideas please let me know!

have you looked at the seymour 'sentient'? Keith Merrow uses one in the neck of his KM-7 ( you get it in a 6 string version as well ). He picked it for the same reasons you mentioned.

the official description -
"It’s voiced to capture a blend of vintage PAF and modern tones with enough output to deliver harmonically rich distorted lead tones but subtle enough to give you deep, detailed cleans. Think of it as combining the best qualities of the ’59 Model and the Jazz: clarity, detail, depth, attack and expression."

Ive listened to a few demos of it in the KM7 and it does sound nice.

--------------------

You say 'minor pentatonic ' like it's a bad thing

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Aug 28 2014, 07:25 AM
Instructor
QUOTE (Gabriel Leopardi @ Aug 27 2014, 02:58 PM) *
Thanks for the link Cosmin! Yeah, they are close to these ones! I'll explore them. Mine will be close to the Single cut one.

I'm still defining color and pick ups. I'm not totally sure about which ones choose. I want something versatile, that can go from powerful metal tones to nice clean ones, with good dynamics. If you guys have some more ideas please let me know!

Hey Gabi! Glad you like them smile.gif Tell me man, have you written an email to the people at Bareknuckle pickups by any chance? If not, you should, as they are very helpful and they will recommend a set of pickups based on your specified needs. Please do go ahead and write them at this address if you haven't done it already:

[email protected] or [email protected]

Best of luck!

+Quote Post

6 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th March 2024 - 08:04 AM