6 Pages V  « < 3 4 5 6 >  
New Guitar On The Way!
Mertay
Sep 19 2014, 12:08 AM
GMC:er
Oh yeah! turned out better than I guessed, Leopard sort of sexy biggrin.gif

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Sep 19 2014, 07:33 AM
Instructor
QUOTE (Gabriel Leopardi @ Sep 18 2014, 09:32 PM) *
I see. People knows a lot and loves PRS guitar in Argentina but they are extremely expensive to be bought here. sad.gif

Check out this pic, I think that I will get my guitar ready the next week!

[attachment=38897:IMG_2014...8_181102.jpg]

Wow - that looks amazing, mate biggrin.gif Is this the final form of the finish, or will it have an additional layer of lacquer or so?

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

+Quote Post
bleez
Sep 19 2014, 08:13 AM
Experienced Tone Seeker
dude, that is looking stunning biggrin.gif

--------------------

You say 'minor pentatonic ' like it's a bad thing

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Sep 19 2014, 02:32 PM
Instructor
Hey guys! Check this!

Attached Image

Cosmin, I don't know too much about painting and possibilities but I think that this is the final finish, at least by now.

--------------------
My lessons

Do you need a Guitar Plan?
Join Gab's Army

Check my band:Cirse
Check my soundcloud:Soundcloud

Please subscribe to my:Youtube Channel

+Quote Post
Sensible Jones
Sep 19 2014, 05:19 PM
Wow!! That's looking great Gab!!!

--------------------
I'd rather have a full Bottle in front of me than a full Frontal Lobotomy!!

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Sep 20 2014, 07:05 PM
Instructor
Hey friends!!! Finally the guitar is finished!!! I will get it the next week!! I'm extremely happy. smile.gif smile.gif smile.gif

Attached Image

Attached Image

Attached Image

Attached Image

Attached Image

Attached Image

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
bleez
Sep 20 2014, 07:30 PM
Experienced Tone Seeker
looks amazing, I really like the pickup covers. Looking forward to hearing it smile.gif
you got a trem on it!

--------------------

You say 'minor pentatonic ' like it's a bad thing

+Quote Post
Sensible Jones
Sep 20 2014, 08:27 PM
Wow!! Looks great Gab!!! Let's hear it soon!!
biggrin.gif biggrin.gif

--------------------
I'd rather have a full Bottle in front of me than a full Frontal Lobotomy!!

+Quote Post
VilleFIN
Sep 20 2014, 08:56 PM
Tone Seeker
Holy moly, that looks sexy cool.gif

+Quote Post
Mith
Sep 21 2014, 05:36 AM
Learning Apprentice Player
Looks amazing

--------------------
I don't suffer from insanity, I love every minute of it

+Quote Post
Yash
Sep 21 2014, 10:32 AM
Too bad I missed all the development on this thread sad.gif tongue.gif But, that is a Beauty Gabriel wink.gif biggrin.gif You totally deserve it man ! And, I know how it feels like to wait for a guitar. 2 days and I already want her tongue.gif

QUOTE (Gabriel Leopardi @ Jun 25 2014, 07:52 PM) *
Thanks guys for all this info, I'm not very into this stuff but the guitar that I tried from him included a function that allowed you to make the pick ups "single" and it definitely sounded like a Strato! I said him: I want mine like this one! It's awesome how much versatile the guitar becomes.

Thanks Kris for those details, I will definitely check the three features that you listed there. Also, I didn't know that having high output pick ups was an advantage when you decide to split them.

Pablo, the luthier is monitoring this thread so we will be discussing this things to get the best of this guitar. smile.gif

He also send me a picture from the rosewood he will be using for the neck. biggrin.gif

Isn't it beautiful? wub.gif

[attachment=37691:rose.jpg]

That is one beautiful block of rosewood ! biggrin.gif

QUOTE (Cosmin Lupu @ Jun 30 2014, 10:57 AM) *
Well, if I were in your stead, I would most probably relate it to Cirse - but I think writing Cirse could be a bit too much - or maybe not - but I would create something that symbolizes Cirse - I LOVED that tree you guys used for your previous album - this one:

You could use it I think wink.gif

I wish you could use that one ! sad.gif It looks so stunning.

QUOTE (Cosmin Lupu @ Jul 1 2014, 03:56 PM) *
Glad you like it Gabi smile.gif

I love that kind of design - illustrated but fantastic somehow - it takes my mind very far!

If I will ever have a custom axe, I will definitely have the Days of Confusion brain/chestnut logo we used on 'Seeds'!

What if you guys come up with some better artwork by then ? tongue.gif Choosing is a tough job my friend laugh.gif

QUOTE (Gabriel Leopardi @ Jul 7 2014, 08:15 AM) *
That's would be killer... I can see the day when PRS creates the Custom Cosmin Lupu Guitar! smile.gif This will happen.

ooh.. I'll be buying the SE Model smile.gif Cosmin, you better make that neck comfortable tongue.gif For small hands tongue.gif hehe And, I bet, it's gonna be a Baritone tongue.gif

QUOTE (Cosmin Lupu @ Jul 8 2014, 11:51 AM) *
Hopefully biggrin.gif Until then, I began shooting a Youtube show, fully spoken in Romanian, for the PRS community here - it's called the Romanian PRS Experience and on Sunday, we did the pilot/teaser. Check out these beauties:

I gotta search that thread out ! Thanks Cosmos

QUOTE (Sensible Jones @ Jul 8 2014, 06:15 PM) *
This sounds great Cosmin! I'm looking forward to it, especially as I'm more of a Gear Head than a player like your friend!
biggrin.gif

+1 Me three ! cool.gif

QUOTE (Gabriel Leopardi @ Sep 19 2014, 01:32 AM) *
I see. People knows a lot and loves PRS guitar in Argentina but they are extremely expensive to be bought here. sad.gif

Check out this pic, I think that I will get my guitar ready the next week!

[attachment=38897:IMG_2014...8_181102.jpg]

They're expensive everywhere Gaby tongue.gif You're not alone.

QUOTE (Mertay @ Sep 19 2014, 03:08 AM) *
Oh yeah! turned out better than I guessed, Leopard sort of sexy biggrin.gif

Leopard, Leopardi wink.gif Get it ? That's why it's a sexy leopard laugh.gif

QUOTE (Gabriel Leopardi @ Sep 20 2014, 10:05 PM) *
Hey friends!!! Finally the guitar is finished!!! I will get it the next week!! I'm extremely happy. smile.gif smile.gif smile.gif

Attached Image

Attached Image

Attached Image

Attached Image

Attached Image

Attached Image
l

She looks STUNNING !!! I am so happy for you Gaby biggrin.gif I wish you all the best for recording the song that will make you an international overnight success with that baby, and then, all the guitar magazines coming over to you to ask you about your tone and playing biggrin.gif All the best and hope you record lots of amazing stuff with it, and lots of live footage with you rocking that baby out. We're waiting smile.gif

Gear question - what are the 8 sounds you talk about ? smile.gif Sounds interesting.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Sep 21 2014, 08:27 PM
Instructor
Congratulations Gabi! It looks amazing, mate! When will we hear it in action? biggrin.gif

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Sep 22 2014, 01:56 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (Yash @ Sep 21 2014, 06:32 AM) *
She looks STUNNING !!! I am so happy for you Gaby biggrin.gif I wish you all the best for recording the song that will make you an international overnight success with that baby, and then, all the guitar magazines coming over to you to ask you about your tone and playing biggrin.gif All the best and hope you record lots of amazing stuff with it, and lots of live footage with you rocking that baby out. We're waiting smile.gif

Gear question - what are the 8 sounds you talk about ? smile.gif Sounds interesting.

Thanks for the comments Yash and everybody! The 8 sounds refer to 8 possible pick ups combinations. You can hold up the volume pots to convert each of the pick ups to single instead of double. This adds more possibilities. The pick up selector has 5 positions. So I have all this possibilities:

1. Bridge Pick up
2. Neck Pick up
3. Both pick ups
4. Single Bridge Pick up
5. Single Neck Pick up
6. Both Single Pick Ups
7. Single Neck + Double Bridge
8. Single Bridge + Dobule Neck

Can't wait to experiment with this stuff. smile.gif

QUOTE (Cosmin Lupu @ Sep 21 2014, 04:27 PM) *
Congratulations Gabi! It looks amazing, mate! When will we hear it in action? biggrin.gif

If everything goes well I will got it on Friday. smile.gif

The last Saturday we had an important event where all the local manufactures of guitars, pedals and amps showed their stuff. I couldn't go because I had a gig with Cirse. However, my friend Chowy Fernandez, an old GMC guitar instructor could go and tried my guitar before me! biggrin.gif

Attached Image

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
Yash
Sep 22 2014, 04:45 PM
QUOTE (bleez @ Sep 21 2014, 10:59 PM) *
theres a device you can fit onto a floyd that allows you to drop the e string instantly called the EVH D-Tuna . Other than that I think it is a bit of a hassle.
I drop tuned the ibby I used to have and although I had to undo the locking nut ( obviously! ) it didn't mess up the intonation or action, it was just a bit of a pain in the ass to do.

I am gonna get one !! Because, that's all I want. From Standard to Drop D smile.gif

QUOTE (Gabriel Leopardi @ Sep 22 2014, 04:56 PM) *
Thanks for the comments Yash and everybody! The 8 sounds refer to 8 possible pick ups combinations. You can hold up the volume pots to convert each of the pick ups to single instead of double. This adds more possibilities. The pick up selector has 5 positions. So I have all this possibilities:

1. Bridge Pick up
2. Neck Pick up
3. Both pick ups
4. Single Bridge Pick up
5. Single Neck Pick up
6. Both Single Pick Ups
7. Single Neck + Double Bridge
8. Single Bridge + Dobule Neck

Can't wait to experiment with this stuff. smile.gif

Wowie... that sounds super cool biggrin.gif Did you add a phase switch ? I tried an Epiphone Les Paul with it and had a pretty unique sound smile.gif I was a fan smile.gif And, even I can't wait to hear out and the experiments you do wink.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Sep 23 2014, 10:32 AM
Instructor
Hey Gabi - I know Chowy - we chit chat on Facebook from time to time and we support our activity. Looking forward to hear the pretty girl in action biggrin.gif

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Sep 23 2014, 02:52 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (Yash @ Sep 22 2014, 12:45 PM) *
I am gonna get one !! Because, that's all I want. From Standard to Drop D smile.gif

Wowie... that sounds super cool biggrin.gif Did you add a phase switch ? I tried an Epiphone Les Paul with it and had a pretty unique sound smile.gif I was a fan smile.gif And, even I can't wait to hear out and the experiments you do wink.gif

Hi mate! no, I didn't know what effect it creates... what's that? Some kind of modulation?

QUOTE (Cosmin Lupu @ Sep 23 2014, 06:32 AM) *
Hey Gabi - I know Chowy - we chit chat on Facebook from time to time and we support our activity. Looking forward to hear the pretty girl in action biggrin.gif

yeah! Chowy is a great guy, always supporting his friends music and doing a great career as a guitar player.

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
Yash
Sep 23 2014, 04:04 PM
QUOTE (Gabriel Leopardi @ Sep 23 2014, 05:52 PM) *
Hi mate! no, I didn't know what effect it creates... what's that? Some kind of modulation?

Yes. Kind of. I really don't know how to express that in words. It gets some ''swirl'' and tang ? huh.gif mellow.gif You'll have to listen to it. Just pick up one of the new Les Paul Standards, Epiphone or Gibson. They have it smile.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Sep 24 2014, 07:50 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (Yash @ Sep 23 2014, 12:04 PM) *
Yes. Kind of. I really don't know how to express that in words. It gets some ''swirl'' and tang ? huh.gif mellow.gif You'll have to listen to it. Just pick up one of the new Les Paul Standards, Epiphone or Gibson. They have it smile.gif

Interesting! I just want to pick up my guitar and have it at home now but maybe in the future I can add this modification. wink.gif

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Sep 26 2014, 04:11 PM
Instructor
Finally!!!!!!!! I can't explain how happy I am. smile.gif

Attached Image

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Sep 26 2014, 04:34 PM
Instructor
Congratulations once again Gabi! I sure hope it deserved the wait, but by the looks of it, it probably does biggrin.gif Let's see the vids wink.gif

+Quote Post

6 Pages V  « < 3 4 5 6 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th March 2024 - 04:34 AM