2 Pages V   1 2 >  
Favorite Bands From Your Own Country
Davidian
Mar 22 2014, 01:56 PM
Learning Apprentice Player
Hi guys!

Recently I was listening to some Belgian bands. I like some of them a lot and I wanted to share them with GMC.
But I also want learn to know some new music, so let's hear what your favorite bands from your own country are!

This is my top 5:

1. Wallace Vanborn: I'm a huge fan of stoner rock and heavier rock genres, and this band is perfect! Their live shows are amazing and full of energy.

2. Steak Number Eight: some more heavy rock/sludge metal. And these guys were only 15 when they got famous in Belgium!

3. Channel Zero: a heavy metal band that exists for quite a while now. As with Wallace Vanborn, the energy at their shows is amazing. Sadly, their drummer past away not so long ago.

4. Triggerfinger: bluesrock masters! Their riffs are incredible!

5. Flatcat: I like punk a lot, so this genre could not be omitted from this list. This band is from my hometown. I didn't like them a lot, up until now. Their earlier records where too poppy for me, but now their songs are more rough.

Plus there are a lot more! Like Blackbox Revelation (blues rock), Millionaire (like QOTSA, and even Josh Homme likes them), Red Zebra, ...

Do any of you guys now one of these bands?
What are your favorite bands from your country (or, maybe, for people in the USA: from your state)?

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
Music is supposed to break down walls, smash through barriers; and free your mind!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Mar 22 2014, 07:33 PM
Instructor
Nice topic, Here I go with some of my favorites:

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
My lessons

Do you need a Guitar Plan?
Join Gab's Army

Check my band:Cirse
Check my soundcloud:Soundcloud

Please subscribe to my:Youtube Channel

+Quote Post
Renan
Mar 23 2014, 09:17 AM
Learning Rock Star
Really nice topic!
I liked the first band ( Wallace Wanborn)
Did you noticed that Channel Zero - Black Fuel sounds like Some kind of Metallica - St.anger stuff? smile.gif

And here are some of my favorites from Turkey :

+Quote Post
Gitarrero
Mar 23 2014, 09:35 AM
Accomplished Rock Star
Among many others:

Die Toten Hosen, formerly an awesome punk band, now one of the biggest rock bands we have.

Beatsteaks, probably the most energetic live band

If you like fire, look no further:

Oh, we also have this little metal band (among many other metal bands):

--------------------
Check my band project with fellow GMCer VilleFIN
Facebook
Youtube
Soundcloud
Twitter
Instagram

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Mar 23 2014, 11:16 AM
Instructor
Hehe! Enjoy the music of some of the best bands in Romania:

+Quote Post
Spock
Mar 23 2014, 06:47 PM
GMC:er
My friends band just released a new video. Pretty good but they don't show much of the band, but cleverly done...

This is them from last weekend - sound quality is crap as recorded from my iPhone...

This post has been edited by Spock: Mar 24 2014, 09:45 AM

+Quote Post
bleez
Mar 23 2014, 08:21 PM
Experienced Tone Seeker
QUOTE (Spock @ Mar 23 2014, 05:47 PM) *
My friends band just released a new video. Pretty good bunch they don't show much of the band, but cleverly done...

That is a really excellent lyric video. They done a killer job on that. cool song too smile.gif

--------------------

You say 'minor pentatonic ' like it's a bad thing

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Mar 23 2014, 10:13 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (Gitarrero @ Mar 23 2014, 05:35 AM) *
Among many others:

Die Toten Hosen, formerly an awesome punk band, now one of the biggest rock bands we have.

Beatsteaks, probably the most energetic live band

If you like fire, look no further:

Oh, we also have this little metal band (among many other metal bands):

There is something special that happens to me with Germany. I love rock/metal bands from there.

Talking about countries... I could say that most of the bands from my list of favorite bands come from Germany, Sweden, England, USA (not in an specific order).

--------------------
My lessons

Do you need a Guitar Plan?
Join Gab's Army

Check my band:Cirse
Check my soundcloud:Soundcloud

Please subscribe to my:Youtube Channel

+Quote Post
Monica Gheorghev...
Mar 24 2014, 08:29 AM
Learning Tone Master
Cosmin already mentioned 2 of the bands from my list: Vita de vie and White Walls. I will mention others 3 smile.gif

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Mar 24 2014, 08:40 AM
Instructor
QUOTE (Monica Gheorghevici @ Mar 24 2014, 07:29 AM) *
Cosmin already mentioned 2 of the bands from my list: Vita de vie and White Walls. I will mention others 3 smile.gif

Haha! Thank you Monica biggrin.gif

+Quote Post
Amitai Kedmi
Mar 24 2014, 09:35 AM
Learning Rock Star
Some of my favorite bands from Israel smile.gif

+Quote Post
Jouve
Mar 24 2014, 10:00 AM
Learning Roadie
Very weird punkish pseudo folk band. But one of the favourites.

Also a very special band with awesome poetry.

Addictive soundtrack rock smile.gif

Iconic ska punk band.

Metal opera with guys from a lot of russian power metal bands.

+Quote Post
Lexman
Mar 24 2014, 01:24 PM
Learning Roadie
I don't particularly listen to music from my country but there are some very famous
french rock bands that I like :

Trust Hard Rock band from the 80's

Indochine Rock, New wave from the 80's

Telephone rock band from the 80's

to name a few more : Superbus, Kyo,Empyr...

Most recent stuff from frenchies smile.gif :

Phoenix received a Grammy Award for Best Alternative Music Album in 2013

+Quote Post
bleez
Mar 24 2014, 09:15 PM
Experienced Tone Seeker
not metal or indeed heavy at all but Ive always really liked her voice, its cool and different sounding.

--------------------

You say 'minor pentatonic ' like it's a bad thing

+Quote Post
SlowFingaX
Mar 24 2014, 09:25 PM
Great topic, these are some of my Finnish favourites which I can remember right now:
Usually I don't listen very much music from Finnish bands...after Sentenced ended.

One of my all time favourite metal band from Finland (Sentenced):

Of course there have to be also a one song from Alexi Laiho's band Children of Bodom:

Gab also have lesson from this band (Nightwish):

Gab also have lesson from this band (HIM):

And last...very great band from my youth (Kingston Wall):

--------------------
My Gear:

Jackson DX10D Dinky
Boss GT-10
Boss Micro BR BR-80
Korg Pandora PX4
Guitar Rig 5
Ezmix 2 + many metal packs
Reaper

+Quote Post
Bossie
Mar 26 2014, 08:48 AM
QUOTE (Davidian @ Mar 22 2014, 01:56 PM) *
Hi guys!

Recently I was listening to some Belgian bands. I like some of them a lot and I wanted to share them with GMC.
But I also want learn to know some new music, so let's hear what your favorite bands from your own country are!

This is my top 5:

1. Wallace Vanborn: I'm a huge fan of stoner rock and heavier rock genres, and this band is perfect! Their live shows are amazing and full of energy.

2. Steak Number Eight: some more heavy rock/sludge metal. And these guys were only 15 when they got famous in Belgium!

3. Channel Zero: a heavy metal band that exists for quite a while now. As with Wallace Vanborn, the energy at their shows is amazing. Sadly, their drummer past away not so long ago.
4. Triggerfinger: bluesrock masters! Their riffs are incredible!

5. Flatcat: I like punk a lot, so this genre could not be omitted from this list. This band is from my hometown. I didn't like them a lot, up until now. Their earlier records where too poppy for me, but now their songs are more rough.

Plus there are a lot more! Like Blackbox Revelation (blues rock), Millionaire (like QOTSA, and even Josh Homme likes them), Red Zebra, ...

Do any of you guys now one of these bands?
What are your favorite bands from your country (or, maybe, for people in the USA: from your state)?

yep i've seen all these bands live..only flatcat not! Wallace van born was awesome! I saw channel zero perform before ICE T and his bodycount metalband...in the nineties! Ice T was blown away by them..he said : they left nothing for us"...

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Mar 27 2014, 10:51 AM
Instructor
I would also go for these guys:

The vocalist on this recording has another band now - Byron, but this was a golden age when this band sorted out some extremely beautiful music...

+Quote Post
Davidian
Mar 27 2014, 01:12 PM
Learning Apprentice Player
Wow, thanks guys! biggrin.gif
Lot's of cool bands here. Some of them I already know, some of them not.
Definitely learned to appreciate some new bands.
Keep them coming!

--------------------
Music is supposed to break down walls, smash through barriers; and free your mind!

+Quote Post
Darius Wave
Mar 27 2014, 05:02 PM
Instructor
Damn...this would take a week to liten to all of this and...that's not the end of the list tongue.gif

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Mar 28 2014, 06:16 PM
Instructor
And I'll bring one more to the table smile.gif

+Quote Post

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 16th April 2024 - 10:43 AM