> Rules

Here is where the magic happens: the REC board turns bedroom guitarists into real pros. Remember - it doesn't matter if you fail or pass, as long as you keep posting REC takes you will progress.

The entries will be graded by a number of instructors. After grading, members will be accredited with the appropriate points if they pass, and adjustments will be made to their REC level.
Passing grade is 6 or higher.

* Submit your REC take!
* More info
* Score board
* Recording tutorial

Take 2: Ostinato Etude, Lesson By Piotr Kaczor
Grade
1-10
1 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
2 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
3 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
4 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
5 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
6 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
7 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
8 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
9 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
10 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
Total Votes: 0

FreePizza
May 8 2021, 02:01 AM
Learning Tone Seeker
Original lesson: Ostinato Etude by Piotr Kaczor

So I'm still working on this exercise when I have the time. I still cannot play it up to 100bpm but this take is at 96bpm. I still miss some notes and maybe fall out of time around the key change. The last sweep is pretty horrible. I feel as though I am making some progress though. I still drop that bar dive in there ;). When I post my final take at 100bpm for grading, I'll be sure to remove that. Sometimes when I hit that record button my nerves get the best of me but I know that I still need more practice with this one and I will eventually get a clean play through at tempo. Determined. Thanks for watching. -Bruce

Links to previous attempts at this lesson:
https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/guitar_forum/index.php?showtopic=61946

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
May 8 2021, 10:24 PM
Instructor

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
My lessons

Do you need a Guitar Plan?
Join Gab's Army

Check my band:Cirse
Check my soundcloud:Soundcloud

Please subscribe to my:Youtube Channel

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
May 10 2021, 01:07 AM
GMC:er
First off well done on learning this entire thing. It's vastly complex and done at a very high rate of speed. Well done just getting through it. I'm not going to grade this one either as I think it needs to cook in the oven a bit longer. The very fast sections are very cool sounding but just a pinch behind the beat. I can hear your fingers struggling a bit to keep up. Your Picking is quite good though as is your muting techinque. So your technique looks good. It seems to be just a case of isolating each fast section and looping it maybe a bit slower until you can push up the speed and keep it on the beat. This is very fast playing to be sure. full on shred, full blast. It's gonna take a bit more time. Your doing great! keep it up!!

Todd

+Quote Post
Kristofer Dahl
May 10 2021, 01:13 PM
GMC Founder
Awesome!

This is extremely inspiring and promising.

We can tell you are totally digging in to this, and I absolutely love the whammy thing you do: I think it would be Piotr approved 😁

Because you are so carefully keeping within your range here, any technical flaws are not very obvious.

What you need to do in order efficiently increase speed here, is to work on minimising your picking movement. If it seems impossible to avoid that [fairly] large wrist movement which you are currently doing, then it might be that you need to use a little more arm movement. This might allow you to move the wrist a bit less.

Experiment with this when playing slowly. Try to achieve a slow, super consistent - almost robotic - picking movement.

Keep up the killer work (I am not grading because your take is not up to the original tempo yet)

--------------------

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
May 11 2021, 03:54 AM
GMC:er
I must say well said! Somtimes you have to play like a robot to learn to shred like a God smile.gif

QUOTE (Kristofer Dahl @ May 10 2021, 08:13 AM) *
Awesome!

This is extremely inspiring and promising.

We can tell you are totally digging in to this, and I absolutely love the whammy thing you do: I think it would be Piotr approved 😁

Because you are so carefully keeping within your range here, any technical flaws are not very obvious.

What you need to do in order efficiently increase speed here, is to work on minimising your picking movement. If it seems impossible to avoid that [fairly] large wrist movement which you are currently doing, then it might be that you need to use a little more arm movement. This might allow you to move the wrist a bit less.

Experiment with this when playing slowly. Try to achieve a slow, super consistent - almost robotic - picking movement.

Keep up the killer work (I am not grading because your take is not up to the original tempo yet)

+Quote Post
Darius Wave
May 17 2021, 02:55 PM
Instructor
Hey there!

For me it feels like you strat to sound more confident, even if it's not 100% tempo. Some of the spots sounded like you were not exactly sure of picking direction (previous take)...though...even Piotr has some difficult and slightly weird solution to the lick aound 0:10. Your picking direction differs in this spot. Last notes are playd with downpicking only, just like playing any of fast, metal, muted riffs smile.gif

You're doing just fine. Keep up the good attitude and you'll get through it - you are almost there Bruce!
Your hand positioning and shaping is just fine. It's only a matter of practise now. There is this old trick tyo set up the tempo above the one you need to play and force yourself to play over it for some time. Then you get back to 100%. Trust me...you'll feel it's easier. You need to spend some hoenst time in faster tempo before you switch back...only this way you'll see how it works.

+Quote Post
Fran
Jun 28 2021, 12:30 PM
Learning Rock Star - Wiki Coordinator
Closing this one smile.gif

--------------------
Guitars:
Fender American Deluxe Stratocaster, Ibanez RG2570MZ, Epiphone SG G-400
Amp:
Vox AC4TVH head + V112TV cab
Effects:
Vox Satchurator, Vox Time Machine, Dunlop CryBaby, Boss MT-2, Boss CE-5, Boss TU-2, Boss ME-70
Recording:
Line-6 POD X3 + FBV-Express, Pandora PX5D

GMC wants YOU to take part in our Guitar-Wikipedia!
Have a good time reading great articles and writing your own with us in our GUITAR WIKI!
Share your playing and get Pro-advice from our Instructors: Join REC

+Quote Post

Closed TopicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 20th April 2024 - 01:13 AM