Lacking Synchronization
Vaidya
Sep 11 2010, 05:53 AM
Learning Roadie
Hi guys,
I've been facing this problem and im not sure what is to be done.I've been trying to build up speed so I follow this exercise

A------4-5-6-7
E------4-5-6-7
I play this pattern from the low e to the high e.
then i play it backwards
e-------7-6-5-4
B-------7-6-5-4
When going from low to high,I am able to play it quite fast but when im coming back from high to low,the left and right hands aren't synchronized.The thing is im not able to move the fingers of my left hand while coming back up as fast i could while going from low to high.
What should i do to improve the speed of my left hand while coming from high to low?

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------

Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Mudbone
Sep 11 2010, 07:22 AM
Learning Apprentice Player
QUOTE (Vaidya @ Sep 11 2010, 12:53 AM) *
Hi guys,
I've been facing this problem and im not sure what is to be done.I've been trying to build up speed so I follow this exercise

A------4-5-6-7
E------4-5-6-7
I play this pattern from the low e to the high e.
then i play it backwards
e-------7-6-5-4
B-------7-6-5-4
When going from low to high,I am able to play it quite fast but when im coming back from high to low,the left and right hands aren't synchronized.The thing is im not able to move the fingers of my left hand while coming back up as fast i could while going from low to high.
What should i do to improve the speed of my left hand while coming from high to low?

I had a similar problem, and it was very frustrating. I just isolated the problem and worked on it very slowly. I just went from the hight E to the B string, back and forth, very slowly, quarter notes at 80bpm, for about 7 to 8 minutes straight. I then began adding strings gradually, but kept the tempo the same, again going from high to low, also for 7 to 8 minutes straight. Once I was comfortable going all the way up the fretboard I began gradually increasing the speed. If you think this is monotonous and boring, it is loool

Remember, if you can't do it good slow, you can't do it good fast. The point of doing this exercise really slow is to force you to focus on efficiency and accuracy. Keep a log of your progress, it really helps. And to keep yourself from getting discouraged, don't look at the day to day progress to much, getting good at this takes time, in fact I'm still working on it smile.gif To paraphrase Rob Chappers, speed is a product of efficiency, not outright speed. I hope that makes sense.

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------

He who laughs last thinks slowest.

"That which can be asserted without evidence, can be dismissed without evidence." - Christopher Hitchens

Gear:

Guitars: Uncle Rufus' Twanger Classic
Amps: Mississippi Boom Box
Mojo: Hammer of Odin and a pair of Ox gonads
Inspiration: Samuel Adams Boston Lager

Zero to Hero: 1,387/10,000

+Quote Post
Bogdan Radovic
Sep 11 2010, 12:29 PM
Bass & Beginner Instructor
Check out this series of lessons it should help :

https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/solo-guit...nchronisation1/

--------------------
For GMC support please email support (at) guitarmasterclass.net
Check out my lessons and my instructor board.
Check out my beginner guitar lessons course! ; Take a bass course now!

+Quote Post
Vasilije Vukmiro...
Sep 11 2010, 12:54 PM
Jazz Instructor
Well, it's obvious that one hands "works" then the other. I suggest that you practice only left hand, the pattern you mentioned, with metronome slowly, then try to put it all together and see how it works...
Generally, all problems are fixed with correct practicing over of period of time.

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 24th April 2024 - 12:35 AM