New Opeth Album In June, Some covers recorded
OrganisedConfusi...
Feb 5 2008, 12:45 PM
GMC:er
They have recorded a cover of Would? by Alice In Chains for the album bonus material which I can't wait to hear. I am also looking forward to hearing their new material also. I can't wait for June. Anybody know of any presale with free stuff included?

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
Gear
Guitars:- Caparison Horus Snowcloud, Parker Nitefly M, Parker Nitefly SA, Gibson SG, Parker P10e, 40 Year Old Spanish Acoustic
Amps:- Framus Ruby Riot 2x12" stack
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
kyldeee
Feb 5 2008, 12:50 PM
I can't wait smile.gif Good thing that I don't have all of their albums, so I can spend my time collecting them until the new one comes out biggrin.gif

Opeth Rules laugh.gif

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------

Music really is a way to reach out and hold on to each other in a healthy way.
- Stevie Ray Vaughan

+Quote Post
The Uncreator
Feb 5 2008, 04:24 PM
Fire Up The Blades, Moderator
This album will stomp its competition, Opeth only have gotten better, im anxious to see what they are gonna do after "Ghost Reveries", that album is completely devoid of flaw.

+Quote Post
OrganisedConfusi...
Feb 5 2008, 04:28 PM
I actually prefered them a long time ago. Until Steven Wilson came in and ruined it all in my opinion. Steven Wilson made them softer. I'm hoping this album will be a bit rawer and have a bit of power behind it. I'm interested to hear the Would? cover as I wouldn't associate there style with that song.

--------------------
Gear
Guitars:- Caparison Horus Snowcloud, Parker Nitefly M, Parker Nitefly SA, Gibson SG, Parker P10e, 40 Year Old Spanish Acoustic

+Quote Post
Henkka
Feb 5 2008, 04:45 PM
Whoa, I'm going to look up for this!

It tends to be with majority of bands that when they age and "mature" their sound turns "softer". Softer or not, Opeth is full of quality. I'm pretty sure I won't be disappointed with the new album.

Though you never know, maybe they'll pull "St. Anger's".

wink.gif

+Quote Post
OrganisedConfusi...
Feb 5 2008, 04:47 PM
QUOTE (Henkka @ Feb 5 2008, 03:45 PM) *
Whoa, I'm going to look up for this!

It tends to be with majority of bands that when they age and "mature" their sound turns "softer". Softer or not, Opeth is full of quality. I'm pretty sure I won't be disappointed with the new album.

Though you never know, maybe they'll pull "St. Anger's".

wink.gif

No band should ever replace a drum set with a tin can. That is what was learnt from St Anger. And don't release a supposed thrash metal album with no solos. What were they thinking lol.

--------------------
Gear

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Feb 5 2008, 04:53 PM
Instructor
Wau.. that's great! Now you know what I want for my birthday! laugh.gif

--------------------
My lessons

Do you need a Guitar Plan?
Join Gab's Army

Check my band:Cirse
Check my soundcloud:Soundcloud

Please subscribe to my:Youtube Channel

+Quote Post
Owen
Feb 5 2008, 05:34 PM
QUOTE (The Uncreator @ Feb 5 2008, 07:24 AM) *
This album will stomp its competition, Opeth only have gotten better, im anxious to see what they are gonna do after "Ghost Reveries", that album is completely devoid of flaw.

Apparently the album is called Watershed;

New York, NY: "Swedish progressive metal titans Opeth, often credited as being forward thinkers who are a genre of one, are proud to announce Watershed as the title of their forthcoming album, due out on Roadrunner Records on June 2nd, 2008. The album, recorded in the band's native Sweden and produced by frontman/guitarist Mikael Akerfeldt and Jens Bogren, is a masterwork that follows the time-honored Opeth tradition; its modern yet timeless, progressive yet paying homage to the sounds of classic rock.

Watershed is truly one of those special records that cycles through a variety of moods, speeds and textures, complete with lots of subtleties and nuances of sound. Because of its expansive scope, Watershed is destined to land the album atop many "Best Of" lists. Album opener 'Coil' is a gorgeous acoustic number, featuring local folk vocalist Nathalie Lorichs, while 'Heir Apparent' will knock listeners unconscious with its blunt force metal. Always one to defy the rules, Opeth posits sung vocals over artillery-like blast beats on 'The Lotus Eater', cementing their reputation as innovators and redefiners.

Watershed combines elements of modern metal, prog rock, free jazz and hints of European folk music, all of which come together for a seamless, unique collection of songs that will leave an indelible mark upon all who listen. Watershed is the first Opeth release to feature new guitarist Fredrik Akesson and drummer Martin Axenrot and is the band's second effort for Roadrunner Records. Watershed is the eagerly awaited follow up to 2005's critically acclaimed Ghost Reveries. The complete track listing is as follows: 'Coil', 'Heir Apparent', 'The Lotus Eater', 'Burden', 'Porcelain Heart', 'Hessian Peel' and 'Hex Omega'."

Link!

Sounds rad. tongue.gif - its out on the day I finish my exams! What epicness! laugh.gif

This post has been edited by Owen: Feb 5 2008, 05:35 PM

--------------------
Don't Panic.

+Quote Post
Fsgdjv
Feb 5 2008, 06:31 PM
Yes, this will be awesome. I'm a bit unsure about wether the female vocals on track 1 will fit or not, but I'm sure it will be awesome. I'm so hyped, even though I don't agree on the fact that they've only gotten better and better, my favourite album is still life, but I don't think they have gotten worse since that, it's just been different. However, I know that this will be their best record.

EDIT: Oh, I didn't know it was Natalie Lorichs singing on the first track, I like her singing so it's gonna be great, I just know it. But now I have to watch Axe and her on the melloboat even more. I'm so hyped I'm dying, gaaah. TO the record I mean. Even though the song titles are horrible. I guess they'll just grow on me. The songs are gonna own anyways.

This post has been edited by Fsgdjv: Feb 5 2008, 07:00 PM

--------------------

+Quote Post
Pablo Vazquez
Feb 5 2008, 08:11 PM
Instructor
Really??? I don´t belive!! All goods news... In march, Dream Theater and Ozzy are going to play here in Argentina... and now a new Opeth´s album!!!!

Attached image(s)
Attached Image

--------------------
Check out my video lessons!

+Quote Post
Toni Suominen
Feb 6 2008, 11:41 AM
Instructor
The new Opeth record will be awesome, I will preorder mine as soon as possible!! biggrin.gif

--------------------
Gear:
-PRS Custom 22
-Edwards Les Paul
-PodXT
-Ibanez Acoustic

Check out my lessons and my instructor profile!

My Youtube channel

My Last.FM

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd April 2024 - 04:16 PM