5 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 5 >  
Gab Jams With Gmcers, Let's have some fun!
Manu RASSE
Jul 5 2018, 04:03 PM
Veteran Tone Master
Thank you coach smile.gif

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Jul 6 2018, 02:40 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (MisterM @ Jul 5 2018, 12:03 PM) *
Thank you coach smile.gif

You rock!! biggrin.gif

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

This post has been edited by Gabriel Leopardi: Jul 8 2018, 04:33 PM

--------------------
My lessons

Do you need a Guitar Plan?
Join Gab's Army

Check my band:Cirse
Check my soundcloud:Soundcloud

Please subscribe to my:Youtube Channel

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Jul 8 2018, 04:34 PM
Instructor
Ok friends!! I would like to give 3 more open slots for this one before recording my takes and editing the final video.

Who is in?

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Jul 17 2018, 04:55 AM
GMC:er
How did I miss this! Count me in smile.gif

Todd

+Quote Post
fzalfa
Jul 17 2018, 11:02 AM
Learning Roadie
i'll do another take !!

cheers

Laurent

--------------------

<div align="left"> Yes, i love badges.....
</div>

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Jul 17 2018, 02:06 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (Todd Simpson @ Jul 17 2018, 12:55 AM) *
How did I miss this! Count me in smile.gif

Todd

QUOTE (fzalfa @ Jul 17 2018, 07:02 AM) *
i'll do another take !!

cheers

Laurent

Awesome friends!! There is still some more time and room for this one while I finish Fusing the genres collab.

Go for it!! Thanks for joining.

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Jul 21 2018, 08:52 PM
Instructor
I've just finished the other collab so it's time for this one! I'll start recording my takes this week. If you still want to participate please let me know since there is some more time to submit takes!

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Jul 27 2018, 05:10 AM
Very cool and fun backing to solo over!! i was trying out my new Hotone Binary cab sim on this one. I'm using my Xtomp with the soldano stomp pedal emulation in to a bit of chorus from the hotone harmony pedal right in to the binary and to the audio interface. Makes a very portable rig. just 3 pedals and in to a mixer or p.a. etc.

Attached Image

Attached File  todd_withoutbacking.wav ( 3.72MB ) Number of downloads: 71

Attached File  Todd_withbacking.wav ( 3.72MB ) Number of downloads: 78

This post has been edited by Todd Simpson: Jul 27 2018, 05:22 AM

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Jul 27 2018, 04:35 PM
Instructor
YEAH!!! You rocked this one Todd! Your playing is so cool. It's rocker, it's shreddy, it's pure magic. It's a honour to have you on this one mate!!

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Jul 27 2018, 06:52 PM
Thanks!! It means a lot to me!!! I tried to combine a bit of "Bill Hayley" rockabilly vibe with some shreddery. All of it is using a very low gain setting on a soldano stomp pedal clone so picking becomes really important. When there isn't much gain, having a strong right hand is key. i can't believe that pinch harmonic worked at this low gain setting but i'll take it!! Ended with some bendy blues bits. it's a very fun solo and has two bits that I'm going to use in QUICK LICKS!! That first lick and the barred inside picking bit in the middle. Great backing btw!!

WHO'S NEXT!!!!

Todd

QUOTE (Gabriel Leopardi @ Jul 27 2018, 11:35 AM) *
YEAH!!! You rocked this one Todd! Your playing is so cool. It's rocker, it's shreddy, it's pure magic. It's a honour to have you on this one mate!!
[color="#00FF00"][/color]

This post has been edited by Todd Simpson: Jul 27 2018, 07:12 PM

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Jul 28 2018, 09:33 PM
I used my solo from Gabe Jams With GMCers as the basis for this weeks Quick Licks. Its the speedy lick played at the start. Here is the link to the lesson.
http://bit.ly/quicklicks_38

Todd

This post has been edited by Todd Simpson: Jul 28 2018, 09:34 PM

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Jul 29 2018, 05:44 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (Todd Simpson @ Jul 28 2018, 05:33 PM) *
I used my solo from Gabe Jams With GMCers as the basis for this weeks Quick Licks. Its the speedy lick played at the start. Here is the link to the lesson.
http://bit.ly/quicklicks_38

Todd

Great idea Todd!! Thanks again mate.

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
GeneT95
Jul 31 2018, 10:35 PM
Been away for a while (moving, kids in college, fixing cars, yada yada yada). Anyway, no video yet. This is a bare bones recording, a little about what I used.

A 175 dollar Traveller guitar that I got on Massdrop (I didn't tune it....I was in a hurry but I think it was in enough). A 35 dollar Behringer UM2, which I must say is fantastic for the price. The free amp and cab Gab always talks about, LePoulon. I used free HyBrit amp and a free cab from somewhere. Although I used Ableton live, you could mix this easy with any free recording program. I dropped in a delay to the guitar chain while recording from the program itself. So, really, you can get a fair sound and ability to record for about $200 and even travel with it anywhere.

Anyway, my take is a bit outside the lines. Actually, most of the notes are Outside notes. wink.gif

https://soundcloud.com/shallowlines/gabjam4

This post has been edited by GeneT95: Aug 1 2018, 12:13 AM

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Aug 4 2018, 05:35 PM
I fear you may be playing in the wrong key? it could be the tuning situation you mentioned. The backing is in the key of A I think, so the blues scale starting on the 5th fret should work great. What was your starting position? I like the bouncey vibe of the solo smile.gif It just sounds a pinch out of key.

QUOTE (GeneT95 @ Jul 31 2018, 05:35 PM) *
Been away for a while (moving, kids in college, fixing cars, yada yada yada). Anyway, no video yet. This is a bare bones recording, a little about what I used.

A 175 dollar Traveller guitar that I got on Massdrop (I didn't tune it....I was in a hurry but I think it was in enough). A 35 dollar Behringer UM2, which I must say is fantastic for the price. The free amp and cab Gab always talks about, LePoulon. I used free HyBrit amp and a free cab from somewhere. Although I used Ableton live, you could mix this easy with any free recording program. I dropped in a delay to the guitar chain while recording from the program itself. So, really, you can get a fair sound and ability to record for about $200 and even travel with it anywhere.

Anyway, my take is a bit outside the lines. Actually, most of the notes are Outside notes. wink.gif

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Aug 4 2018, 09:17 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (GeneT95 @ Jul 31 2018, 06:35 PM) *

Hi Gene! Great to have you on this one!! The take has serious tuning issues, I would go for a new take with your guitar well tuned, what do you say?

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
onetabmat
Aug 4 2018, 09:45 PM
Learning Roadie
Is this still on ? I could try to get a take done tomoz ifso. I presume you just want backing track and guitar no video??

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Aug 5 2018, 04:51 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (onetabmat @ Aug 4 2018, 05:45 PM) *
Is this still on ? I could try to get a take done tomoz ifso. I presume you just want backing track and guitar no video??

Hi friend! Yes! This is still open! Video is required for this one!

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
Manu RASSE
Aug 10 2018, 05:32 PM
Veteran Tone Master
Hi gab,

When will be finalized this collab?

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Aug 10 2018, 06:06 PM
It looks like Gene needs to re do his take due to some serious tuning problems and we have a new entrant as well!!

QUOTE (MisterM @ Aug 10 2018, 12:32 PM) *
Hi gab,

When will be finalized this collab?

+Quote Post
Manu RASSE
Aug 10 2018, 06:16 PM
Veteran Tone Master
Ok thank Todd

+Quote Post

5 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 5 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 16th April 2024 - 10:28 PM