How Do You Record Your Lessons?, Camera+micro
Kapto
Jul 16 2008, 09:26 AM
GMC:er
Hi Trond
Just wondering how you get that neat and clear sound on your video lessons. Do you record straight from camera, micro...or use a special software?.
I'm thinking it's time to get a camera just in case some day I need advice regarding some guitar techniques so I can upload takes of a certain exercise or lesson but I'd like to make sure that the sound to be recorded will be acceptable.
Thanks for your lessons. They all grab my attention and put a grin on my face watching you playing.

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
"It's a long way to the top..."
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Trond Vold
Jul 16 2008, 12:26 PM
Instructor
Hia smile.gif and thanks! Glad you like my videos smile.gif

I dont use my camera for anything else than picture. I record everything in Cubase through the soundcard. And after i have filmed, i import the audio from cubase onto the videotracks in Sony Vegas, and synch them properly.

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
Guitars: Schecter Stiletto Classic, Jackson SLSMG, Ibanez RG-380 Japan, Gibson Les Paul Studio

Amp: Marshall JMP-1 -> Rocktron Velocity 100 -> Marshall JCM-900 Lead 4x12

FX and stomps: T.C Electronics G-Sharp, Korg SDD-1200, Emma Transmorgrifier, BYOC Tribooster, GGG Green Ringer, Dinosaur Overdrive, Voodoo Lab SuperFuzz, Sovtek Bassballs, Line6 Tap Tremolo, EHX Screaming Bird.

My Instructor Board!

My Myspace!

+Quote Post
Anticlock
Jul 24 2008, 11:58 AM
Hi Trond,

since I really like your sound I'd like to see a detailed tutorial - which doesn't have to be a video - of how you record stuff properly with Cubase and whatever else you use to make it sound so professional. Perhaps you could also show how to include good-sounding bass lines and drum patterns.
Sounds to me like a lot of work for you, but I'm having difficulties setting up my own little home-recording gear, so I'll just ask.

Always looking forward to your lessons
Cheers, Sven

+Quote Post
Trond Vold
Jul 24 2008, 12:11 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (Anticlock @ Jul 24 2008, 12:58 PM) *
Hi Trond,

since I really like your sound I'd like to see a detailed tutorial - which doesn't have to be a video - of how you record stuff properly with Cubase and whatever else you use to make it sound so professional. Perhaps you could also show how to include good-sounding bass lines and drum patterns.
Sounds to me like a lot of work for you, but I'm having difficulties setting up my own little home-recording gear, so I'll just ask.

Always looking forward to your lessons
Cheers, Sven

Thanks smile.gif Glad you like the lessons.

I can probably do a text/screenshot tutorial later today, or atleast start on one.
I tried making a tutorial video some time ago without much luck, i just couldnt get a good structure or get the screencaptures good enough so this sounds like a good idea smile.gif

--------------------
Guitars: Schecter Stiletto Classic, Jackson SLSMG, Ibanez RG-380 Japan, Gibson Les Paul Studio

Amp: Marshall JMP-1 -> Rocktron Velocity 100 -> Marshall JCM-900 Lead 4x12

FX and stomps: T.C Electronics G-Sharp, Korg SDD-1200, Emma Transmorgrifier, BYOC Tribooster, GGG Green Ringer, Dinosaur Overdrive, Voodoo Lab SuperFuzz, Sovtek Bassballs, Line6 Tap Tremolo, EHX Screaming Bird.

My Instructor Board!

My Myspace!

+Quote Post
Anticlock
Jul 24 2008, 12:38 PM
That's a great idea (the text/screenshots-structure), really looking forward to it!

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 25th April 2024 - 04:31 PM