Attached Image

specs:

PPC212 OB
2 x Vintage 30
120 Watts
(W x H x D) 566x53 x 30cm
20kgs
1x16ohm

Its 291 pounds so seems a good deal, any comments or other recommendations?? I want something that i can have a couple of different heads to hook up.

I am such a gear junkie blink.gif blink.gif blink.gif

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Start new topic
Replies (1 - 9)
ZakkWylde
Apr 11 2009, 07:01 PM
Learning Tone Master
That orange cab or the marshal 1932 vintage 2x12 cab are great choices.

IF you want the best 2x12 cab there is then go for the Bogner vintage 30 2x12!! It's better than any 2x12 and most of the 4x12 cabs but it costs twice as much as a normal 2x12!

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------

Gear:
- Jackson USA Select KV2 King V with EMG 81/85
- Gibson Les Paul Custom Arctic White with EMG 81/85
- Ibanez Rg 8527 J Custom 7-String with DiMarzio Evolution and Air Norton

- Peavey 6505+ head with Marshall 1960AV 4x12 cab
- Peavey Vypyr 30 Practice Amp
- Dunlop Crybaby From Hell, Maxon OD808, Boss TU-2, MXR CarbonCopy, ISP Decimator, MXR Custom Audio Electronics Booster

+Quote Post
LPR9
Apr 11 2009, 08:56 PM
Learning Tone Master
QUOTE (ZakkWylde @ Apr 11 2009, 08:01 PM) *
That orange cab or the marshal 1932 vintage 2x12 cab are great choices.

IF you want the best 2x12 cab there is then go for the Bogner vintage 30 2x12!! It's better than any 2x12 and most of the 4x12 cabs but it costs twice as much as a normal 2x12!

Well,
I think the best of the best are matamp cabinets.
especially if you are in the UK, these are produced in huddersfield.
Orange is great (I own a thunderverb 50 head) but you can't beat matamp, just because of all the cab is hand built and made to YOUR specifications, with the price of a china made one.

it's à la carte, my friend !!

http://matamp.co.uk

http://matamp.co.uk/vinylandcloth.htm

I'm not from the UK, but I plan to do a factory tour while they will build my cab. also, being there you can test any type of speaker from through the wall of speakers in the factory.
...you can choose your to customise all colors to your taste.
the experience comes also by chatting with the same people who crafted jimmy page amps like jeff

I had the opportunity to test vintage 30s and hot 100's and I was not satisfyed by the vintage 30s, but I was blow away with the matamp 2x12 with hot 100's ! anyway, I'm sold to their cabs and it's a summer GAS for me , definitly !!

the most important advice I could give you is : do try your guitar > your head > the cab . it's amazing how you can be pleased or not depending of the speakers and what you're looking for , so please make your own mind :-)
LPR9

This post has been edited by LPR9: Apr 11 2009, 09:07 PM

+Quote Post
Ivan Milenkovic
Apr 11 2009, 10:05 PM
Instructor
This cab looks mighty fine. I would suggest trying it out in the store mate before buying.

--------------------
- Ivan's Video Chat Lesson Notes HERE
- Check out my GMC Profile and Lessons
- (Please subscribe to my) YouTube Official Channel
- Let's be connected through ! Facebook! :)

+Quote Post
29a
Apr 11 2009, 10:16 PM
GMC:er
I'm actually looking for a 2x12 cab as well. I'm currently considering the ENGL 212VH or the Harley Benton G212 Vintage. They've both got V30's in there but the harley benton one costs only a third of the ENGL cab (200€). So I'm really not sure what to buy. I guess the harley benton would be enough for home use. And as soon as I'll get a practice room I'll buy a 4x12 anyway.

Anyway I'll watch this topic.

- Jonas

--------------------
My Website | My Gear | Elixir Nanoweb Strings Review | Installing Schaller Security Locks
"If privacy is outlawed, only outlaws will have privacy." - Phil Zimmermann

+Quote Post
LPR9
May 12 2009, 09:10 PM
Learning Tone Master
so did you purchased it ?

I put my order at matamp. I shall recieved next week, i'll keep you posted !

+Quote Post
sted
May 12 2009, 09:35 PM
Learning Rock Star
not yet mate, still looking but only casually (I bought a new axe instead tbh!) love to see your matamp when it turns up, plenty of pics please!!

+Quote Post
Marshmall0wz
May 13 2009, 01:23 AM
GMC:er
I've got an Avatar Copy of that Orange Cabinet. It's the same thing only from an independent company. Ask the guy and he'll say the AVATAR CONTEMPORARY 212 is essentially his take on that cab. AMAZING CABINET!!
http://avatarspeakers.com/

--------------------

Gibson SG-3 Faded
Epiphone Thunderbird
Ovation CC48
Vox AD30VT
Vintage U.S. Peavey Microbass
Orange Tiny Terror w/ 212 Cabinet
Creativity

+Quote Post
ZakkWylde
May 13 2009, 01:30 AM
Learning Tone Master
Another good bang for the buck is the Framus V30 2x12 box!

--------------------

Gear:
- Jackson USA Select KV2 King V with EMG 81/85
- Gibson Les Paul Custom Arctic White with EMG 81/85
- Ibanez Rg 8527 J Custom 7-String with DiMarzio Evolution and Air Norton

- Peavey 6505+ head with Marshall 1960AV 4x12 cab
- Peavey Vypyr 30 Practice Amp
- Dunlop Crybaby From Hell, Maxon OD808, Boss TU-2, MXR CarbonCopy, ISP Decimator, MXR Custom Audio Electronics Booster

+Quote Post
sted
May 13 2009, 09:02 AM
Learning Rock Star
QUOTE (ZakkWylde @ May 13 2009, 01:30 AM) *
Another good bang for the buck is the Framus V30 2x12 box!

some of that framus gear is outrageous, its getting pushed pretty hard in the UK at the moment, the guitars look awesome.

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd April 2024 - 01:51 PM