5 Pages V  « < 3 4 5  
Noskill's Mtp Thread
Emir Hot
Mar 12 2010, 05:45 PM
Instructor
Back to work smile.gif Sorry for being this late. I've just given this backing to Maharzan and Dexxter and this is the copy from their thread.

This is a slow bluesy backing for you.

Am7, D9, Am7, D9
Gm7, C9, Gm7, C9
Am7, D9, Am7, D9
Am6

Over m7 play Dorian and over dominant chord play mixolydian. I need as many licks and lines as possible. Don't use linear scales just up and down. I want you to make interesting phrases and cover the neck as much as possible. Also I need to see that you're connecting positions. Don't just get stuck in one position and jump 3 positions up on the next chord. For example if you are in position 1 for dorian, the next mixolidyan is your position 4 on the same place. Then you can move it one position further and connect the next dorian from there. All I'm saying is that you have to connect shapes without too much jumping. Also for dorian licks try to target interesting notes like b7th and 6th. For mixolidyan use maj3rd and b7th as much as possible so that we can really hear the change of modes. If you don't know all the scales then try with arpeggios, that's easier but also very effective. The solo should have a bluesy vibe smile.gif

good luck

p.s. we're still in January so post it there smile.gif

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
Check out my <a href="https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/instructor/Emir-Hot" target="_blank">Instructor profile</a>

www.emirhot.com
www.myspace.com/emirhotguitar
www.myspace.com/sevdahmetal
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
NoSkill
Mar 12 2010, 06:00 PM
Experienced Tone Seeker
I'll get right on it. Thanks.

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------

Still looking for my soul mate, guitar.

+Quote Post
Emir Hot
Mar 12 2010, 06:35 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (NoSkill @ Mar 12 2010, 05:00 PM) *
I'll get right on it. Thanks.

Cool smile.gif

--------------------
Check out my <a href="https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/instructor/Emir-Hot" target="_blank">Instructor profile</a>

www.emirhot.com

+Quote Post
Emir Hot
Mar 20 2010, 07:04 PM
Instructor
Hi. The next one is a bit more tricky. Improvise over the same backing track but using only arpeggios in all positions (4 notes). You only have m7 arpeggio and dominant 7 arpeggio so it shouldn't be that much difficult. Of course be careful when the key changes. Play all 8th notes with no stop so this should be like a long etude. Try to cover the whole neck from position to position and back (no jumping 5 frets ahead).

Good luck.

--------------------

www.emirhot.com

+Quote Post
NoSkill
Apr 1 2010, 05:00 AM
Experienced Tone Seeker
Hey,

I'll be out of town from Friday through Monday for some vacation with my family. I won't be able to get any assignment done for this Sunday if you post one but no problem for the following Sunday.

Thanks,

Tom

--------------------

Still looking for my soul mate, guitar.

+Quote Post
Emir Hot
Apr 2 2010, 02:21 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (NoSkill @ Apr 1 2010, 05:00 AM) *
Hey,

I'll be out of town from Friday through Monday for some vacation with my family. I won't be able to get any assignment done for this Sunday if you post one but no problem for the following Sunday.

Thanks,

Tom

That's ok Tom, I am still preparing material. There are many you here in MTP smile.gif

--------------------

www.emirhot.com

+Quote Post

5 Pages V  « < 3 4 5
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 24th April 2024 - 08:06 PM