2 Pages V   1 2 >  
A Tip For All Swedes, get a full DAW for the price of a magazine
MickeM
Oct 11 2009, 08:33 PM
Born of NWOBHM, Moderation Team Leader
If you get the latest number of "Studio" magazine you get a full version of MAGIX Samplitude SE Version 10

I'm usually suspicious when a full version is offered for free, no strings attached. But so far I can't see there are any limitations in usability or when the license runs out. Looks like a full version to me.
And there's a 600MB sample library included, havn't even looked at it yet.

I don't know much about this DAW since before but I'm going to give it a shot.

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
David Wallimann
Oct 11 2009, 08:40 PM
Instructor
Very nice.
Samplitude is a good soft, great offer!

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
www.youtube.com/Wallimann
www.davidwallimann.com

+Quote Post
Santiago Diaz Ga...
Oct 11 2009, 09:43 PM
GMC:er
Nice!!. Go and get it now!. It's not something you see everyday

+Quote Post
Bogdan Radovic
Oct 11 2009, 10:17 PM
Bass & Beginner Instructor
That looks like a good offer! Worth getting! smile.gif

--------------------
For GMC support please email support (at) guitarmasterclass.net
Check out my lessons and my instructor board.
Check out my beginner guitar lessons course! ; Take a bass course now!

+Quote Post
Saoirse O'Shea
Oct 11 2009, 10:29 PM
Moderator - low level high stakes
If you're interested in mastering particularly and can't afford a hardware dedicated system like SADiE then Samplitude (or it's bigger brother Sequoia) is one of the best options for a pc. (I know of a few pro MEs who switiched from SADiE to Sequoia so it can't be bad.) At the moment we have a copy of Seq11 here on demo against our usual SADiE5 and I have to say the SEQ is very good.

The one caveat is that it's the SE version which I think is a very limited version of the full pro. Not sure how the features compare but I'd guess SE would have very limited track count etc.

AFAIK there are three versions of Samplitude - Samplitude Pro (full feature)> Samplitude> Samplitude SE.

Samplitude/Sequoia are now on v11 btw.

Samplitude/Sequoia is supposed to have one of the best sound engines around and does full redbook- essential for mastering. It also uses object orientated work which is again great for repetitive editing etc. It has some of the best sounding effects (eq and compressors) of any DAW.

As a give away seems like a no brainer to me. I assume it offers some cheap upgrade to SAM11?

--------------------
Get your music professionally mastered by anl AES registered Mastering Engineer. Contact me for Audio Mastering Services and Advice and visit our website www.miromastering.com

Be friends on facebook with us here.

We use professional, mastering grade hardware in our mastering studo. Our hardware includes:
Cranesong Avocet II Monitor Controller, Dangerous Music Liasion Insert Hardware Router, ATC SCM Pro Monitors, Lavry Black DA11, Prism Orpheus ADC/DAC, Gyratec Gyraf XIV Parallel Passive Mastering EQ, Great River MAQ 2NV Mastering EQ, Kush Clariphonic Parallel EQ Shelf, Maselec MLA-2 Mastering Compressor, API 2500 Mastering Compressor, Eventide Eclipse Reverb/Echo.

+Quote Post
Rated Htr
Oct 12 2009, 12:39 AM
Experienced Rock Star
Sweet, get one more and send it to me laugh.gif

--------------------
Currently Practicing

Rhythm: Finnish Power Metal III: Nightwish
Legato: Ben's Land Of Legato
Alternate Picking: Alternate Picking Workout #5
Chords: Chord Melody Technique

+Quote Post
skennington
Oct 12 2009, 12:58 AM
Learning Roadie - Never Give Up - Moderator
How do I get that magazine in the states.. laugh.gif Nice offer indeed!

+Quote Post
audiopaal
Oct 12 2009, 08:03 AM
Competitions Coordinator - Up the Irons
Great offer smile.gif

+Quote Post
-Zion-
Oct 12 2009, 11:22 PM
Learning Roadie
seems like a pretty good offer..

it seems there is a version 11 out now, but an upgrade from 10 SE costs 300 dollars (normally 425 dollars) and an upgrade to version 11 pro costs 600 dollars (normally 850 dollars).

I might be tempted to get it, but i have no idea how good this is.. any thoughts?? is this one of those extremely difficult DAWs to use or is it like Reaper?

thanks again..

+Quote Post
Saoirse O'Shea
Oct 12 2009, 11:54 PM
Zion:

my post 5 above.

Samp/Seq is more than able to track and mix at a level pretty much with Cubase/Nuendo, Pro Tools, Logic, Sonar, Reaper etc. It's big advantage over them though is that it can then also master properly. The point where Samp is historically weaker is on midi. What I've seen so far with Seq11 I don't have an issue with its midi implementation but I've only really been looking at the mastering end so it's a non issue.

What you pay for (if you upgrade to Samp11/Samp11Pro or even Seq11) imho is a mastering grade sequencer. Reaper, and arguably pretty much most sequencers, with the exceptions of SADiE/Pyramix/Soundblade, are not mastering grade. In pc pro mastering studios you tend to find Seq/Samp11/Pyramix/SADiE much more than any other. The high cost is due to the price of a high quality sound engine, mastering grade rendering and dithering, high quality mastering effects, the ability to render to full redbook, precise editing, object orientated workflow... There are a lot of non-mastering Samp/Seq users who use it just because of the object orientated workflow btw as it is streets ahead of the other sequencers here imho.

How easy it is for any individual really depends on how you orientate yourself to and cope with the work flow. Seriously, some may find it easy and intuitive and some may find it difficult. Also if you are not going to use it to it's potential then you might find a more effective alternative elsewhere. Best bet here is try the demo and see if it works for you.

--------------------
Get your music professionally mastered by anl AES registered Mastering Engineer. Contact me for Audio Mastering Services and Advice and visit our website www.miromastering.com

We use professional, mastering grade hardware in our mastering studo. Our hardware includes:
Cranesong Avocet II Monitor Controller, Dangerous Music Liasion Insert Hardware Router, ATC SCM Pro Monitors, Lavry Black DA11, Prism Orpheus ADC/DAC, Gyratec Gyraf XIV Parallel Passive Mastering EQ, Great River MAQ 2NV Mastering EQ, Kush Clariphonic Parallel EQ Shelf, Maselec MLA-2 Mastering Compressor, API 2500 Mastering Compressor, Eventide Eclipse Reverb/Echo.

+Quote Post
MickeM
Oct 12 2009, 11:57 PM
QUOTE (-Zion- @ Oct 13 2009, 12:22 AM) *
I might be tempted to get it, but i have no idea how good this is.. any thoughts?? is this one of those extremely difficult DAWs to use or is it like Reaper?

thanks again..

You're welcome. I havn't tried it that much yet, I've only recorded one audio track and one MIDI track from keyboard and added a VSTi to see if it worked, which it did. Had some problems with the setup of the MIDI keyboard before I got sound but I got that eventually.
But not digged any deeper than that so far, looks pretty straight forward.

+Quote Post
-Zion-
Oct 13 2009, 02:29 PM
Learning Roadie
thanks for the indepth outlook on it..

I am not really sure i am going to need all the advanced features, but again, at the price of a magazine, it would almost be stupid not to do it..

I think i will try out the demo and then make my decision based on my experience with it..

Again thanks.. smile.gif

+Quote Post
blindwillie
Oct 14 2009, 07:03 AM
Thanks. I'll see if I can find it

--------------------

Schecter C1 Hellraiser EMG 81/85, replaced with JB/Jazz (SH4/SH2n) w. coilsplit
Schecter Revenger HB-105, replaced with EMG 81/85
Stratocaster Deluxe Players Noiseless
Ibanez 2550z
Blackstar HT5H, Blackheart BH5H w. BH112, Laney LX35D, Line6 Pod XT, Marshall MS-2
Headphones: Sennheiser RS120

Stay tuned...

+Quote Post
Muris Varajic
Oct 15 2009, 12:17 AM
Instructor
Can someone get one for me as well??? biggrin.gif

--------------------
Youtube
MySpace
Website

Album "Let It Out" on
iTunes
and CD Baby

Check out my video lessons and instructor board!

The Pianist
tune is progress,check it out!

"ok.. it is great.. :P

have you myspace? Can i to personalize this for you guy?"

+Quote Post
blindwillie
Oct 15 2009, 07:28 AM
Thanks Micke, I found it.
Thanks tonymiro for the precise answers.

If you are serious I guess I can buy it for you and send it to. Don't know how many there was in the store but I didn't take the last one atleast. I haven't got the slightest clue on how to send it though smile.gif Just put it in a regular envelope?

This post has been edited by blindwillie: Oct 15 2009, 07:32 AM

--------------------

Schecter C1 Hellraiser EMG 81/85, replaced with JB/Jazz (SH4/SH2n) w. coilsplit
Schecter Revenger HB-105, replaced with EMG 81/85
Stratocaster Deluxe Players Noiseless
Ibanez 2550z
Blackstar HT5H, Blackheart BH5H w. BH112, Laney LX35D, Line6 Pod XT, Marshall MS-2
Headphones: Sennheiser RS120

Stay tuned...

+Quote Post
MickeM
Oct 15 2009, 09:50 AM
For the time being I've left Reaper for Samlitude, it works flawless. I'll run an entire project from start to end and after that I will decide which to go for in the long run. By the looks of it Samplitude has a LOT of goodies to offer.

It's easy to use, close to Reaper but editing, cutting, pasting etc has slightly different approach. Each audio track has an easy to access EQ and plug part which I found very useful.
The workflow between the two are similar.

+Quote Post
Saoirse O'Shea
Oct 15 2009, 10:44 AM
Just one other thing that may be important for some.

The SE and standard version of Samplitude don't need a dongle to authorise and run BUT Samp Pro and Sequoia do. The dongle isn't the same as i-Lok or the one for Cubase/Nuendo and comes include with Samp Pro/Sequoia in the box.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Staffy
Oct 15 2009, 10:54 AM
Learning Tone Master
QUOTE (tonymiro @ Oct 13 2009, 12:54 AM) *
Zion:

my post 5 above.

Samp/Seq is more than able to track and mix at a level pretty much with Cubase/Nuendo, Pro Tools, Logic, Sonar, Reaper etc. It's big advantage over them though is that it can then also master properly. The point where Samp is historically weaker is on midi. What I've seen so far with Seq11 I don't have an issue with its midi implementation but I've only really been looking at the mastering end so it's a non issue.

Hmmm, this sounds interesting, what can Samp do in the matter of mastering that 's not possible with Cubase/Nuendo, if I got it right here should an excellent solution be to record all tracks with Cubase -> get an two channel output -> then master with Samplitude. Is that right? Are You considering that there are some excellent plugs that can be used in Cubase/Nuendo for the mastering thingy ?

//Staffay

--------------------

Guitars: Ibanez AM-200, Ibanez GB-10, Fender Stratocaster Classic Player, Warmouth Custom Built, Suhr Classic Strat, Gibson Les Paul Standard 2003, Ibanez steel-string
Amps: Fender Hot Rod Deluxe, Marshall JMP 2103, AER 60
Effects: BOSS DD-20, Danelectro Trans. Overdrive, TC-Electronics G-Major, Dunlop Wah-wah, Original SansAmp, BOSS DD-2
Music by Staffy can be found at: Staffay at MySpace

+Quote Post
Saoirse O'Shea
Oct 15 2009, 11:34 AM
Samp is full redbook Staffy and can write direct to cd and include ISRC code etc which AFAIK neither Nuendo or Cubase can. If you wanted to do these staying only with Steinberg products then you would need to get Wavelab. Its editing is very good - not quite as good as SADiE but one of the best I've seen.

Samp also has one of the best audio engines going - one that is, from all the data I've seen better that Cubendo's krystal engine. Can't compare it with Cubendo as I don't have an upto date version of it but it is better than Reaper/Ableton etc, much clearer high end. Samp was really designed more for mastering and I find the general sequencer layout very clear and easy to get around. Whilst it doesn't come with a huge number of plugs what there are are very, very good.

TBH if you try Samp and like it then IMHO there is no real reason not to run it as your main sequencer as it can also track and mix. Try it out first though and see if it works for you.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Sensible Jones
Oct 15 2009, 11:37 AM
If anyone fancies picking up a copy for me I'd be very interested!!
biggrin.gif

--------------------
I'd rather have a full Bottle in front of me than a full Frontal Lobotomy!!

+Quote Post

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th April 2024 - 06:36 PM