Melodic Idea, For Instrumental Song.....
iainsteward
May 22 2008, 01:42 PM
GMC:er
Ok, so I recently asked for people's help on creating an instrumental song for my girlfriend.......and after some helpful posts I decided to sit down and work on a melody or a small phrase and just record it. I recorded a few short lines and wondered if this was what everyone meant, any constructive criticism would be greatly appreciated!! And apologies for the sound, my Pod XT is in the rehearsal room and Im at home so I am using a Line 6 Floor Pod and its not too great sad.gif

Part of me thinks it might be too sad to be an instrumental for my girlfriend, but part of me says I could start sad and that could be the part of my life without her, then I could change the tempo and the feel of the song into a happy, uptempo number and that could be when I met her?!? I suck with instrumentals lol......Anyway, hope you enjoy and can help me out,
Iain!

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Attached File(s)
Attached File  melodic_idea.mp3 ( 1.22MB ) Number of downloads: 528

Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
skennington
May 22 2008, 01:56 PM
Learning Roadie - Never Give Up - Moderator
Hi Ian, I think you got a good start there man and personally don't think it's too sad at all. smile.gif Just IMO, I think it would sound better if you held the notes a little longer with some heavy vibrato to better capture the mood. I think bends and pre-bends with wide vibrato can really set-up a feeling!

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

+Quote Post
Bogdan Radovic
May 23 2008, 01:13 PM
Bass & Beginner Instructor
Sounds like a cool start..Maybe now you can work on the backing to fit the chords in... smile.gif

--------------------
For GMC support please email support (at) guitarmasterclass.net
Check out my lessons and my instructor board.
Check out my beginner guitar lessons course! ; Take a bass course now!

+Quote Post
Hisham Al-Sanea
May 23 2008, 03:24 PM
Instructor
good start tell now keep going

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 09:53 AM