Very First Upload, My first try at Muris Jazz Rythm and Solo lesson
Torben
May 24 2008, 09:40 AM
GMC:er
Here's my first (or actually second) take, where I play Muris Jazz Rythm and the beginner solo upon it. Still a few mistakes in both, and I haven't made any modifications mixer wise. Please give some feedback.
I'm a beginner / intermediate, so please be patient with me. But constructive critisism is much appreciated.

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

This post has been edited by Torben: May 24 2008, 09:42 AM

Attached File(s)
Attached File  Jazz_Take2.wav ( 4.04MB ) Number of downloads: 498

Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
axelsson
May 24 2008, 09:56 AM
Nice take man. Great sound and feel smile.gif What kind of guitar do you use?

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

+Quote Post
Torben
May 24 2008, 10:01 AM
It's my Martin...I went acoustic, so I didn't wake up my family! smile.gif

And thanks a lot for the nice words!

+Quote Post
Siggum
May 24 2008, 10:03 AM
Nice job Torben, i loved the rythm guitar, the solo was nice too but a little sharp edges here and there.

--------------------

It dont mean a thing if it aint got that swing

+Quote Post
Hisham Al-Sanea
May 24 2008, 10:04 AM
Instructor
nice take Torben

+Quote Post
Torben
May 24 2008, 10:11 AM
Thank's a lot guy's!

Siggum: I really appreciate your comment. I suppose you refer to my somewhat unsteady play? Sometimes I kinda loose the thread?

I'll practice some more and give it a new try. Then upload it again. could be interesting to hear if I can improve.

+Quote Post
Vinod Saranga
May 24 2008, 10:22 AM
Acoustic Instructor
It's great biggrin.gif
hwever the tone in the solo is too much slappy

--------------------

+Quote Post
axelsson
May 24 2008, 10:41 AM
QUOTE (Torben @ May 24 2008, 11:01 AM) *
It's my Martin...I went acoustic, so I didn't wake up my family! smile.gif

And thanks a lot for the nice words!

okay wink.gif

+Quote Post
Col Roberts
May 24 2008, 01:16 PM
Learning Roadie
Well done, Torben. I like your sound. With a little more practice I'm sure it will sound very professional. Looking forward to hearing the next upload.

Cheers.

+Quote Post
UncleSkillet
May 25 2008, 03:15 AM
Learning Tone Seeker
I like your playing and that you used your Martin. My only suggestion is to use a little lees of the compressor. It will make things sound more natural and warmer,

Just a thought. Great job smile.gif

--------------------
"Think of a guitar solo as a paragraph. You need a clear beginning, a middle, and an end. Look at musical phrases like sentences, and make sure you break them up using punctuation—or space. You pause naturally when conversing, right? If you don't, you'll bore the listener. The same thing will happen with your audience if your solo is one dimensional. You'll wear them out and lose their attention." —Tom Principato

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 25th April 2024 - 06:12 PM