Merry Christmas To Me...
rokchik
Nov 20 2009, 07:22 PM
The Dark Canuck
... So apparently spending a small fortune on a new guitar this year was not enough. Now I've spent another small fortune on an amp. Just got off the phone with my guitar shop and have just put a down payment on a Mesa Boogie Mark V!!!!! I have been looking for a new amp half heartedly for a while now but finally decided to go for broke.... Literally laugh.gif

Now to break the news to the boyfriend cool.gif

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
2 Pages V   1 2 >  
Start new topic
Replies (1 - 19)
UncleSkillet
Nov 20 2009, 07:32 PM
Learning Tone Seeker
laugh.gif laugh.gif tongue.gif
Congrats!! You won't regret it smile.gif

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
"Think of a guitar solo as a paragraph. You need a clear beginning, a middle, and an end. Look at musical phrases like sentences, and make sure you break them up using punctuation—or space. You pause naturally when conversing, right? If you don't, you'll bore the listener. The same thing will happen with your audience if your solo is one dimensional. You'll wear them out and lose their attention." —Tom Principato

+Quote Post
Staffy
Nov 20 2009, 07:43 PM
Learning Tone Master
Congrats! But why did'nt you use his card for the payment????? wink.gif

--------------------

Guitars: Ibanez AM-200, Ibanez GB-10, Fender Stratocaster Classic Player, Warmouth Custom Built, Suhr Classic Strat, Gibson Les Paul Standard 2003, Ibanez steel-string
Amps: Fender Hot Rod Deluxe, Marshall JMP 2103, AER 60
Effects: BOSS DD-20, Danelectro Trans. Overdrive, TC-Electronics G-Major, Dunlop Wah-wah, Original SansAmp, BOSS DD-2
Music by Staffy can be found at: Staffay at MySpace

+Quote Post
rokchik
Nov 20 2009, 07:49 PM
The Dark Canuck
QUOTE (Staffy @ Nov 20 2009, 02:43 PM) *
Congrats! But why did'nt you use his card for the payment????? wink.gif

why do you think I have to break the news to him laugh.gif wink.gif

+Quote Post
Staffy
Nov 20 2009, 07:58 PM
Learning Tone Master
QUOTE (rokchik @ Nov 20 2009, 07:49 PM) *

Hehe... don't ask me... women have took all my money so far, and now when I finally got rid of my former girlfriend a.k.a my childrens mother, my daughter has begun to spend them instead! laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif

--------------------

Guitars: Ibanez AM-200, Ibanez GB-10, Fender Stratocaster Classic Player, Warmouth Custom Built, Suhr Classic Strat, Gibson Les Paul Standard 2003, Ibanez steel-string
Amps: Fender Hot Rod Deluxe, Marshall JMP 2103, AER 60
Effects: BOSS DD-20, Danelectro Trans. Overdrive, TC-Electronics G-Major, Dunlop Wah-wah, Original SansAmp, BOSS DD-2
Music by Staffy can be found at: Staffay at MySpace

+Quote Post
Marc_Maiden
Nov 20 2009, 08:29 PM
GMC:er
AHHHH THAT IS THE AMP OF MY DREAMS!

i want it i want it i want it i want it

i use an amp model of it in all my recordings... and you get the real thing!

santa! i will be your slave if i find a Mesa boogie under my tree biggrin.gif

--------------------
- Marc
Current Set up:
Atomic Reactor 2x12 Cab/power amp with a Digitech rp1000 as a preamp
Schecter c1 plus electric guitar

+Quote Post
Emir Hot
Nov 20 2009, 08:44 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (rokchik @ Nov 20 2009, 06:49 PM) *

Sounds familiar smile.gif

--------------------
Check out my <a href="https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/instructor/Emir-Hot" target="_blank">Instructor profile</a>

www.emirhot.com
www.myspace.com/emirhotguitar
www.myspace.com/sevdahmetal

+Quote Post
Tomas Santa Clar...
Nov 20 2009, 09:11 PM
Learning Apprentice Player
QUOTE (Marc_Maiden @ Nov 20 2009, 09:29 PM) *
AHHHH THAT IS THE AMP OF MY DREAMS!

i want it i want it i want it i want it

i use an amp model of it in all my recordings... and you get the real thing!

santa! i will be your slave if i find a Mesa boogie under my tree biggrin.gif

reeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeealy? cool.gif

+Quote Post
Kristofer Dahl
Nov 20 2009, 09:14 PM
GMC Founder
Wow congratulations Susan, that's a dream amp - I hope to get it some day! ohmy.gif *off to search for girlfriends' credit card*

--------------------

+Quote Post
rokchik
Nov 20 2009, 09:25 PM
The Dark Canuck
Ok so just got home from work and broke the news to the boyfriend

conversation went like this

Me - "hey babe how was work?"
Him -"busy, how about you?"
Me - "Slow but kinda expensive..."

cue inquisitive look

Him -" What did you buy this time?"
Me -" A new amp"
Him -" How much???"
Me - "You probably don't want to know"

cue perturbed look

Him - "Whatever, I suppose"... stomps off and starts playing Call of Duty smile.gif

Good news is I still have a roof over my head laugh.gif laugh.gif But I don't think he's speaking to me at the moment, but he'll get over it. Besides I'm actually paying for it, he just payed the deposit which was only a couple hundred bucks. Now again I play the waiting game... better not have the issues I had with the guitar mellow.gif

Edit: Thanks Kris and everyone smile.gif This is a really great amp and I promise I'll provide whatever I can, review and sound wise, when it finally arrives and I get to play with it. I also forgot to mention it's the combo I'm getting.

This post has been edited by rokchik: Nov 20 2009, 09:36 PM

+Quote Post
Chris Evans
Nov 20 2009, 09:39 PM
Learning Tone Guru - Community Coordinator & Moderator
good grief! have you won the lottery or sumink?? mastered growning money trees???? new house new stuff, new amps!! lol

Congrats, he might talk to ya this side of christmas if your lucky lol smile.gif

--------------------
Show us what part of the world you live in and get yourself
ON THE GMC:er Location MAP

+Quote Post
rokchik
Nov 20 2009, 09:45 PM
The Dark Canuck
QUOTE (Chris Evans @ Nov 20 2009, 04:39 PM) *
good grief! have you won the lottery or sumink?? mastered growning money trees???? new house new stuff, new amps!! lol

Congrats, he might talk to ya this side of christmas if your lucky lol smile.gif

See when you put it that way I feel guilty sad.gif Well not really but I should LOL!!! It has been an expensive year but selling a house in a sellers market really helps smile.gif

But that is it, I'm done!!! ..... for now (places pinky by corner of mouth in a very Dr. Evil way) Muhahahahah!!!!

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Nov 20 2009, 10:10 PM
Instructor
Wou! That amp is AWESOME! I want to hear it! Congrats Rok! smile.gif

--------------------
My lessons

Do you need a Guitar Plan?
Join Gab's Army

Check my band:Cirse
Check my soundcloud:Soundcloud

Please subscribe to my:Youtube Channel

+Quote Post
MickeM
Nov 20 2009, 10:18 PM
Born of NWOBHM, Moderation Team Leader
Whew!!! Big congratulations on the new amp and you played your bf very well too wink.gif

Ehrm, did you order from the same shop you got your guitar? I see it infront of me.
- Mark IV??? I thought you said Marshall MG!!!

laugh.gif

+Quote Post
rokchik
Nov 20 2009, 10:34 PM
The Dark Canuck
QUOTE (MickeM @ Nov 20 2009, 05:18 PM) *
Ehrm, did you order from the same shop you got your guitar? I see it infront of me.

laugh.gif

OK that isn't even funny ohmy.gif unsure.gif

Actually it's not the same store as they were not a Mesa Boogie dealer but I've never dealt with this store so I'm still a little worried but fingers crossed smile.gif

Thanks again everyone. I'm really super excited... bonus is my stitches come out tomorrow too so back to playing YAY!!! So much to catch up on.

+Quote Post
skennington
Nov 21 2009, 12:35 AM
Learning Roadie - Never Give Up - Moderator
Awesome Susan! When you get a chance, hit me up and give some advice on mastering wealth.. laugh.gif I'm kidding of course, great acquisition for sure. A guy locally has a mint Lonestar combo for $900 and it's making my wallet water.. laugh.gif

+Quote Post
superize
Nov 21 2009, 12:39 AM
Ultimate Tone Guru
Congratz on the new amp......

--------------------
My Gear

Ibanez RG
Jackson js30 warrior
jackson rr24
Line 6 Spider III amp
Line 6 pod xt live
Washburn acoustic

Youtube Account
My bands Myspace

+Quote Post
Boson
Nov 21 2009, 12:53 AM
Learning Apprentice Player
Cool Amp!

Merry Christmas biggrin.gif

--------------------
"Better to live one day as a tiger than a thousand years as a sheep"

+Quote Post
Fran
Nov 21 2009, 01:27 AM
Learning Rock Star - Wiki Coordinator
QUOTE (MickeM @ Nov 20 2009, 10:18 PM) *

laugh.gif laugh.gif

nahhh!! Won't happen again don't worry smile.gif (Unless it comes in different colors! laugh.gif)

Congrats Rok that's an awesome amp! smile.gif

--------------------
Guitars:
Fender American Deluxe Stratocaster, Ibanez RG2570MZ, Epiphone SG G-400
Amp:
Vox AC4TVH head + V112TV cab
Effects:
Vox Satchurator, Vox Time Machine, Dunlop CryBaby, Boss MT-2, Boss CE-5, Boss TU-2, Boss ME-70
Recording:
Line-6 POD X3 + FBV-Express, Pandora PX5D

GMC wants YOU to take part in our Guitar-Wikipedia!
Have a good time reading great articles and writing your own with us in our GUITAR WIKI!
Share your playing and get Pro-advice from our Instructors: Join REC

+Quote Post
Ivan Milenkovic
Nov 21 2009, 12:11 PM
Instructor
Niiiceeeee biggrin.gif Congrats Susan, I hope the amp will arrive soon! smile.gif

--------------------
- Ivan's Video Chat Lesson Notes HERE
- Check out my GMC Profile and Lessons
- (Please subscribe to my) YouTube Official Channel
- Let's be connected through ! Facebook! :)

+Quote Post

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th April 2024 - 09:02 PM