Devlin Guitars
deanrzrback
Aug 8 2007, 02:56 AM
GMC:er
Has anyone ever heard of Devlin guitars www.shsaudio.com/devlin.htm sorry I couldn't get the link to work.

They r all set neck guitars that aren't all that exspensive, I was wondering if anyone had any info on them

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
shredmandan
Aug 8 2007, 03:21 AM
smile.gif

Sorry dude
never heard of them.I would do some research before i bought one though.

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
My Gear
Cort X-2 electric with 24 frets and 2 humbucker's dark Blue
Kustom DFX100 With Celestion Speakers,and thats it now (lol)

My Advice
Figure out what you want in life early.Wether it's the girl,the partying
or mastering the guitar.Adding any 2 together will get in your way.

+Quote Post
Pavel
Aug 8 2007, 08:03 AM
Instructor
First time to see that name! The problem with these "unknown" brands is that you can't get them in any guitar store! So if you want one you'll probably have to order it from the maker himself!

--------------------
"It isn't how many years you have been playing, it's how many hours." -- Prashant Aswani

"PRACTICE, PRACTICE, PRACTICE!" -- Michael Angelo Batio

Check out my video lessons and instructor board!

+Quote Post
Smikey2006
Aug 8 2007, 08:06 AM
Ahh i don't trust these guitars.. looks like its made of plastic.. i fear the sound..

--------------------
Schecter Exotic Star+ Peavey VK
Ibanez Xiphos 707 + Krank Revolution 100
Damien 7

Wishlist
Schecter Customshop
Schecter 2008 Blackjack
Damage Control Timeline Delay Pedal/Distortion
a laptop that runs protools :'(

+Quote Post
Hungus
Aug 8 2007, 08:36 AM
Those guitars look pretty....... cheap.

--------------------
IPB Image

+Quote Post
deanrzrback
Aug 8 2007, 09:33 AM
I found a local store that carries them, and I am going to go check them out tommorrow. But I doubt it can measure up to the Deam razorback V I am currently saving up for.

+Quote Post
MickeM
Aug 8 2007, 10:10 AM
Born of NWOBHM, Moderation Team Leader
QUOTE (deanrzrback @ Aug 8 2007, 03:56 AM) *
Has anyone ever heard of Devlin guitars www.shsaudio.com/devlin.htm sorry I couldn't get the link to work.

They r all set neck guitars that aren't all that exspensive, I was wondering if anyone had any info on them

Pretty cool paint job! $225 for the guitar with the skull or flames, if it's anything like in the pictures, just the graphics is worth it.
Actual pics

And like with all cheap guitars, if the pickups suck just change them. And to me it looks as if they managed to get the volume pot out of the way from the right hand, a +.

The guitar may be alright or it may suck, but either way it will look great on the wall.
My guess is that the "paint" is glued on to the wood and then varnished, so it's like a poster. To keep the costs down. Can't have Michelangelo (Batio) hand paint every guitar, that would show on the price tag.

+Quote Post
Sircraigery
Aug 12 2007, 04:39 AM
I'd say it's a decal, and they put a few coats of lacquer over it.

I don't think they look too bad, but for the price, anyways.

--------------------
Guitars:
Ibanez Prestige RG2610E [BKP Cold Sweat]
Ibanez Prestige RG2550E [Carbon Fiber Plastics]
Ibanez Roadstar II RS-135 [Stock]
Quest Acoustic [Stock]

Effects:
Electro-Harmonix Metal Muff
Ibanez Weeping Demon Wah
Boss DR-3 Dr. Rhythym

Amp:
Marshall JCM2000 DSL 401

'Only the dead have seen the end of the war.' - Plato

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 10:29 PM