Riffstation
sammetal92
Feb 15 2014, 07:05 PM
GMC:er
I've been using a program called Transcribe! for a while to slow down songs and learn them by ear on the guitar. Yesterday, Andy James had a little contest on his facebook page, and he gave away 5 copies of a program called Riffstation, and I was one of those lucky winners. Looks pretty awesome to me biggrin.gif it does the same stuff Transcribe does and more, it can isolate guitar parts, slow down or speed up the tempo, change the tuning of the song, has a built-in accurate metronome and some other cool stuff that I haven't gone into biggrin.gif

There's a free trial available on the riffstation website, and its not very expensive if you plan to buy it, either smile.gif I would definitely recommend this.

http://www.riffstation.com/

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

This post has been edited by sammetal92: Feb 15 2014, 07:06 PM

--------------------

Download my free guitar and Floyd Rose setup guide: http://www.samsguitars.tk/
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Start new topic
Replies (1 - 6)
Todd Simpson
Feb 15 2014, 10:02 PM
Spiff! smile.gif It also comes with most IK Multimedia software purchases if memory serves. Handy package!

QUOTE (sammetal92 @ Feb 15 2014, 01:05 PM) *
I've been using a program called Transcribe! for a while to slow down songs and learn them by ear on the guitar. Yesterday, Andy James had a little contest on his facebook page, and he gave away 5 copies of a program called Riffstation, and I was one of those lucky winners. Looks pretty awesome to me biggrin.gif it does the same stuff Transcribe does and more, it can isolate guitar parts, slow down or speed up the tempo, change the tuning of the song, has a built-in accurate metronome and some other cool stuff that I haven't gone into biggrin.gif

There's a free trial available on the riffstation website, and its not very expensive if you plan to buy it, either smile.gif I would definitely recommend this.

http://www.riffstation.com/

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

+Quote Post
sammetal92
Feb 15 2014, 10:12 PM
QUOTE (Todd Simpson @ Feb 15 2014, 09:02 PM) *
Spiff! smile.gif It also comes with most IK Multimedia software purchases if memory serves. Handy package!

That's epic! Even on its own, its well worth the 40 euros, just discovered it detects chords pretty accurately too, you can shift keys when detecting chords as well, and then it shows you the fingerings for it biggrin.gif

The metronome is very accurate, you just load an audio song in the program and it detects the normal tempo on its own, which is very useful to me for getting the tempo of a song tongue.gif

Then it has a riff builder, which is escaping me at the moment but I'll get it in time, they have video tutorials on their website tongue.gif as far as I know, the riff builder lets you take parts of the song as "riffs" and then order them according to any numbering you want, it kinda makes a whole new songs laugh.gif very cool! I love it biggrin.gif

This post has been edited by sammetal92: Feb 15 2014, 10:13 PM

--------------------

+Quote Post
Mertay
Feb 16 2014, 12:09 AM
Never heard of the program but watched the video ad it looks pretty cool, congrats and have fun! biggrin.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Taka Perry
Feb 16 2014, 12:37 AM
Learning Rock Star
I often see Riffstation ads in front of YouTube videos! Looks like a fancy piece of software smile.gif Does it actually isolate solos and stuff?

--------------------

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Feb 16 2014, 01:32 AM
Instructor
I remember trying this one with some Cirse's song and it worked for chords. I haven't tried it with difficult stuff so I wonder ow it works for tricky solos.

--------------------
My lessons

Do you need a Guitar Plan?
Join Gab's Army

Check my band:Cirse
Check my soundcloud:Soundcloud

Please subscribe to my:Youtube Channel

+Quote Post
sammetal92
Feb 16 2014, 07:18 AM
QUOTE (Mertay @ Feb 15 2014, 11:09 PM) *
Never heard of the program but watched the video ad it looks pretty cool, congrats and have fun! biggrin.gif

Thanks, it is epic biggrin.gif

QUOTE (Taka Perry @ Feb 15 2014, 11:37 PM) *
I often see Riffstation ads in front of YouTube videos! Looks like a fancy piece of software smile.gif Does it actually isolate solos and stuff?

Yep, very fancy looking, very user friendly, great interface smile.gif Yeah, it gives you a thing like an equalizer, you can set the Q of it, then it starts rejecting any frequencies outside that Q and only lets you hear the frequencies inside that Q, IMHO that's pretty neat cool.gif

QUOTE (Gabriel Leopardi @ Feb 16 2014, 12:32 AM) *
I remember trying this one with some Cirse's song and it worked for chords. I haven't tried it with difficult stuff so I wonder ow it works for tricky solos.

I played Sweet Child o Mine with it both rhythms and lead, it worked very accurately, the tempo was spot on, the chords were spot on and everything biggrin.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 24th April 2024 - 06:29 PM