> HEY MAN, I really need your help...

...the thing is, I need you to start progressing faster then ever, but to achieve that I need your help:

* Don't know where to start? Just pm me and we will sort it out directly, I am online every day.

* Join My Army. Sounds aggressive? It is! We can study anything from the most fearsome picking techniques to bombastic songwriting. A medal of honor awaits the brave. Seriously, this is an opportunity for you to get a personalised learning experience...what are you waiting for?!

* Join my next video chat! GMC startpage holds a video chat schedule. We always cover a lot of ground and have fun. Remember that you don't need any previous knowledge, and you can be passive in the chat.

* Jam with me - you will find active collabs here.

* Post a topic on this board, guitar related or not - doesn't matter! You will find that chatting with instructors boosts your motivation to practice.

* You haven't missed my latest video lessons, have you?

* Finally I want to tell you a secret. Nah I changed my mind - pm me instead ;)

2 Pages V   1 2 >  
Elmir's Improvisations, for Gab's Army
Gabriel Leopardi
Jan 11 2013, 03:12 PM
Instructor
Hi Elmir!! Welcome to your Gab's Army thread!!

Could you please tell me a bit about you, your musical tastes, influences, strengths and weaknesses? I would need some videos of you playing rhythm and solo guitar, so please post your best material here. If you have some music or ideas of your own, also post them here. Also let me know how you think that I can help you and what are your expectations for our job. You can check the other Army's thread to discover the different modalities of this project.

The principles of our Army are:

+ Improve your technique
+ Make music and solos
+ Have fun
+ Destroy the enemy (hahaha not realy just kidding... )

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
My lessons

Do you need a Guitar Plan?
Join Gab's Army

Check my band:Cirse
Check my soundcloud:Soundcloud

Please subscribe to my:Youtube Channel
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
elmir050
Jan 13 2013, 06:38 PM
GMC:er
Hello Gab,
I like Beatles, GNR, ACDC, Radiohead and more bands that are not on top of my head. I like listening to blues and jazz guitar, especially Django Reinhardt and Wes Montgomery. My musical taste is very broad. I can almost enjoy anything I hear. Currently, I am a rhythm guitarist in my fraternity band( which consist of amateur musicians like me), but that's because I can't play lead. I want to make our jamming sessions more interesting and contribute to it. I think I am good at riffing. I want to get some improv abilities under your mentoring program. Since I am improving my guitar skill under Cosmin's mentoring program, I want to concentrate on improvisation and scaling concepts. So, it is unnecessary you both assigning me similar things smile.gif I will record myself soon, but all I can tell is I never tried learning a solo. Here's the youtube channel, but there are only couple videos which don't show all my abilities. If you want, I can try learning my favourite solo and post here, so you can see what I am able to do( I am not even sure about it biggrin.gif) .
https://www.youtube.com/user/elmirgtr.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DkAo_MFZX4k Here I am the one on the right side wearing green tshirt (skip the introduction to 3:25) Thank you so much Gab. smile.gif

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

This post has been edited by elmir050: Jan 13 2013, 06:42 PM

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Jan 13 2013, 11:13 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (elmir050 @ Jan 13 2013, 02:38 PM) *
Hello Gab,
I like Beatles, GNR, ACDC, Radiohead and more bands that are not on top of my head. I like listening to blues and jazz guitar, especially Django Reinhardt and Wes Montgomery. My musical taste is very broad. I can almost enjoy anything I hear. Currently, I am a rhythm guitarist in my fraternity band( which consist of amateur musicians like me), but that's because I can't play lead. I want to make our jamming sessions more interesting and contribute to it. I think I am good at riffing. I want to get some improv abilities under your mentoring program. Since I am improving my guitar skill under Cosmin's mentoring program, I want to concentrate on improvisation and scaling concepts. So, it is unnecessary you both assigning me similar things smile.gif I will record myself soon, but all I can tell is I never tried learning a solo. Here's the youtube channel, but there are only couple videos which don't show all my abilities. If you want, I can try learning my favourite solo and post here, so you can see what I am able to do( I am not even sure about it biggrin.gif) .
https://www.youtube.com/user/elmirgtr.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DkAo_MFZX4k Here I am the one on the right side wearing green tshirt (skip the introduction to 3:25) Thank you so much Gab. smile.gif

Hi Elmir!! Thanks for your info! This will be really interesting! Please let me know what knowledge you have about scales, chords, arpeggios and triads... an also, it would be great if you can choose one of the opened collaborations and join, we can work on the solo here.. the question is... Do you know what a collab is?

If not, please check this thread:

https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/guitar_fo...showtopic=46416

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
elmir050
Jan 14 2013, 05:13 AM
Well, Cosmin taught me some theory about scale. I don't know about chord construction for example. Triads and arpeggios, nothing. I know arpeggios are based on the notes from a chord. That's all I know smile.gif. Well, I know what collabs are but I don't know how to do it. What if my improvisation so bad? It messes up the whole thing then.

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Jan 14 2013, 03:12 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (elmir050 @ Jan 14 2013, 01:13 AM) *
Well, Cosmin taught me some theory about scale. I don't know about chord construction for example. Triads and arpeggios, nothing. I know arpeggios are based on the notes from a chord. That's all I know smile.gif. Well, I know what collabs are but I don't know how to do it. What if my improvisation so bad? It messes up the whole thing then.

Hi mate! I could see your video now! I wasn't able to check youtube videos yesterday. Great one! I like your attitude on stage!! smile.gif

Collaborations are part of the learning process so you don't have to care about joining them, no matter is your solo is ok or not. The idea is that you receive the instructor's feedback and improve your takes with time. I have seen the evolution of many members in my collabs... By the way I can help you here before you upload the take to the collab's thread. wink.gif

Let's start reading:

https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/guitar_fo...?showtopic=3116
https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/guitar_fo...?showtopic=3116

That's some basic knowledge that you need to be able to understan the structure of chords, triads, arpeggios and scales. Please read it and let me know if you have any question.

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
elmir050
Jan 21 2013, 12:27 AM
I read the part 1 Gab, is it enough?

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Jan 21 2013, 03:15 AM
Instructor
QUOTE (elmir050 @ Jan 20 2013, 08:27 PM) *
I read the part 1 Gab, is it enough?

Great! Do you have any question about it?

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
elmir050
Jan 22 2013, 09:17 AM
I think it is pretty straightforward. But how is it going to be applied to anything else in the future biggrin.gif

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Jan 22 2013, 03:05 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (elmir050 @ Jan 22 2013, 05:17 AM) *
I think it is pretty straightforward. But how is it going to be applied to anything else in the future biggrin.gif

Those are the roots for understanding how the music works and is created. We won't read a lot of theory, but you basically need to know what a third is, for example, if I say, now let's harmonize this cool Iron Maiden melody in thirds... you have to know what I am talking about... or if I say, create a chord progression in D Major tonality, you must know what chord belong to this tonality, to be able to create it, and then also be able to know which scales can be used for the solo. I know that it's boring in the beginning, but trust me, learn this stuff by memory, it's not a lot, just 2 or 3 texts. smile.gif

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
elmir050
Jan 22 2013, 05:36 PM
I don't think any of those things you exemplified have answer in that link you sent me :S Maybe I didn't understand well.

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Jan 22 2013, 08:18 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (elmir050 @ Jan 22 2013, 01:36 PM) *
I don't think any of those things you exemplified have answer in that link you sent me :S Maybe I didn't understand well.

For example in this paragraph from that link you have the explanation of how you get a third:

"As you might expect, although the notes are completely different, the names, degrees and Gap formula all remain exactly the same. So what we have here is a way of talking about the relationship between different notes in a scale regardless of the actual notes themselves. If we want to talk about the 3rd note of a scale, it performs the same musical function regardless of the key, and we now have a language to talk about it that is independent of the actual note or scale. In our examples above, E in the scale of C, and F# in the scale of D are both 3rd notes, and anything we want to say about 3rd notes relates to each equally. This will come in very handy later on."

Does it make sense?

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
elmir050
Jan 23 2013, 05:15 AM
Kinda yes. smile.gif So, what's the next thing to do?

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Jan 23 2013, 02:07 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (elmir050 @ Jan 23 2013, 01:15 AM) *
Kinda yes. smile.gif So, what's the next thing to do?

Let's start doing music! Please download the backing track of this lesson and create a solo over it. You can use A Pentatonic minor, A minor, and the arpeggios of each chord:

https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/solo-guit...sciante-lesson/

also have a look at this clinic to get inspiration about the "following the chords" method:

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
elmir050
Jan 24 2013, 02:34 AM
İ have a question Gab. So I tried to arpeggiate over E chord. I realized some notes on E major scale fits well. Is it how that supposed to be or is my ear still weak?

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Jan 24 2013, 02:54 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (elmir050 @ Jan 23 2013, 10:34 PM) *
İ have a question Gab. So I tried to arpeggiate over E chord. I realized some notes on E major scale fits well. Is it how that supposed to be or is my ear still weak?

Hi mate, are you talking about Frusciante's backing?

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
elmir050
Jan 25 2013, 01:56 AM
No, I was just trying to practice over the youtube link you posted.

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Jan 25 2013, 11:01 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (elmir050 @ Jan 24 2013, 09:56 PM) *
No, I was just trying to practice over the youtube link you posted.

Ah, you were talking about Marty's video. Yes, that's how it's supposed to work. You follow the chords with arpeggios but you also add notes from the complete scales to make the solo sound richer. Do you have any audio samples? smile.gif

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
elmir050
Jan 27 2013, 12:55 AM
Audio sample of my playing? No...

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Jan 27 2013, 08:06 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (elmir050 @ Jan 26 2013, 08:55 PM) *
Audio sample of my playing? No...

Why? ohmy.gif

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
elmir050
Jan 29 2013, 05:17 AM
Not yet biggrin.gif I am working on it. So, that's also how you combine scales? Switching between arpeggios? Also when switching between arpeggios, do I play the root note of the next chord?

+Quote Post

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th April 2024 - 04:54 PM