Maple Neck
lespaulkevin
Jul 18 2006, 12:16 AM
GMC:er
Hey, what do you clean a maple neck with, becuase i've had rosewoods and ebony's all the time and never a maple. Also, do they make 70 reissue strats by fender with a 4 bolt in stead of the 3 bolt that they had back in the day? :think

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Start new topic
Replies (1 - 4)
lespaulkevin
Jul 19 2006, 05:19 PM
And do I need to get my guitar set up if i bought the neck and body seperatly off ebay?

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

+Quote Post
Kristofer Dahl
Jul 20 2006, 08:45 AM
GMC Founder
Unfortunately I don't have a clue, I clean my guitars with a dry cloth... Anybody else knows this?

/K

+Quote Post
BollyRotten
Jul 23 2006, 11:45 AM
Its not just a case of just bolting the neck and body together, re stringing. The bridge setup follows the contor of the neck radius. This also is where it can be set up for a low action. When the guitar is made at the factory it is set up by the engineers so you get the best tone out of every fret. I would recommend taking it to a guitar luther and gettting it set up professionally. It will be worth the money if its a good Fender guitar.
As for the 3 bolt & 4 bolt necks . the 3 bolts were Leos first design that along with the skunk stripe to hide the truss rod routing. If memory serves me right 4 bolt necks were not introduced till the 80's tho i may be wrong. 3 bolt necks were definatly the early necks Fender made. Personally i would not buy a neck and body seperatly off ebay. How do you know how straight the neck is? is it damaged? does it need refretting (which is costly!!!)
You have to think why is the neck on its own? what happened to the guitar for it to be broke down into bits and sold online.
Save money and buy a whole guitar from a shop. you can see & play it before buying!!!
hope this helps

--------------------
I need more fingers!

+Quote Post
Josbourne
Dec 8 2006, 11:35 PM
Most - if not all - maple necks are finished with laquer. You could clean 'em with water and a solvent (and if you're like me, you put car wax on every shiny piece of your guitar including the neck when restringing;-))

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 25th April 2024 - 08:44 AM