Quick Licks #116 - Finger Bar Lick
Todd Simpson
Jan 25 2020, 07:35 PM
GMC:er
In this quick licks we are going to bar with our first finger (if possible for you, if not, adapt the lick to you) and try to alternate pick everything. (Again, if possible, if you find you can't alternate pick this, adapt it to you). This is a "Quick Lick" after all, so don't go overboard trying to force your hand to do something it doesn't want to do. Take a look at the tablature and see what notes are involved. That's what is the most important. Try to get these notes to play without wads of extra string noise. That's the challenge of this lick.

Attached File  116.gp5 ( 2.02K ) Number of downloads: 2373

Attached Image

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

This post has been edited by Todd Simpson: Jan 27 2020, 06:32 AM
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Phil66
Jan 27 2020, 09:10 PM
Learning Apprentice Player
Take 1 Sarge. Couple of noodles at the end, the second one isn't very clean, hard to control the G string unless concentrating wink.gif

https://youtu.be/fBaGgTje9ig

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------

SEE MY GMC CERTIFICATE

Success is not obtained overnight. It comes in instalments; you get a little bit today, a little bit tomorrow until the whole package is given out. The day you procrastinate, you lose that day's success.

Israelmore Ayivor

+Quote Post
klasaine
Jan 28 2020, 12:42 AM
This one is pretty much right in my wheelhouse. I don't entirely commit to the barre or the muting and I do a combo of pull-offs, hammer-ons and alt picking.
I instantly heard a .38 Special or Outlaws kinda chord progression under it so that's what I went with. I also quoted some Allman Bros. Fitting because Todd lives in Atlanta and they recorded a ton and also resided for awhile in that fair city.

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Jan 28 2020, 03:52 AM
NICE!!! I thought this lick was going to be much more tricky than it looks like it was. You did a very good job on this one. The finger bar can bey really tough if one has poor muting, since it ends up sounding like a power chord if both strings ring at once. You did a good job muting and keeping it clean. NICE!!
You just..
LEVELED UP!!!
You remain our TOP DAWG!!!

Attached Image

QUOTE (Phil66 @ Jan 27 2020, 04:10 PM) *
Take 1 Sarge. Couple of noodles at the end, the second one isn't very clean, hard to control the G string unless concentrating wink.gif

https://youtu.be/fBaGgTje9ig

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Jan 28 2020, 04:59 AM
NICE!!! That is some top notch work right there. I like what you did with it. The lick works as a pull off thing provided one has the finger power to pull that hard against a mute. You clearly do. Before Zakk Wylde make this lick his bread and butter, 38 Special did it in some of my fave songs/solos like "Hold On Loosely" which is still an inspiring solo to this day. Not to mention all the Allman brothers and other southern rock folks. Pulling off against a mute is a skill in and off itself. You've got it down cold! Great improv jam as well!!!
For those not familiar, here is 38 special and "Hold On Loosely" The solo holds up to this day and it's decades old. Forgive the VHS video quality etc. This is from the late eighties. Solo bit around 3:37

You Just

LEVELED UP!!!!
Attached Image

QUOTE (klasaine @ Jan 27 2020, 07:42 PM) *
This one is pretty much right in my wheelhouse. I don't entirely commit to the barre or the muting and I do a combo of pull-offs, hammer-ons and alt picking.
I instantly heard a .38 Special or Outlaws kinda chord progression under it so that's what I went with. I also quoted some Allman Bros. Fitting because Todd lives in Atlanta and they recorded a ton and also resided for awhile in that fair city.

This post has been edited by Todd Simpson: Feb 14 2020, 03:49 AM

+Quote Post
Phil66
Jan 28 2020, 07:26 PM
Learning Apprentice Player
Cheers Todd smile.gif

--------------------

SEE MY GMC CERTIFICATE

Success is not obtained overnight. It comes in instalments; you get a little bit today, a little bit tomorrow until the whole package is given out. The day you procrastinate, you lose that day's success.

Israelmore Ayivor

+Quote Post
onetabmat
Feb 8 2020, 04:56 PM
Learning Roadie

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Feb 15 2020, 05:10 AM
IMPRESSIVE!!!!! You've got great technique and precision and speed!!! You are more than ready for everything in BOOTCAMP!!!!!
You just..
LEVELED UP!!!!
Attached Image

QUOTE (onetabmat @ Feb 8 2020, 11:56 AM) *

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 06:55 AM