4 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 >  
Leonard478's Bootcamp, Enter as a Warrior, Leave as a God!!!
leonard478
Sep 4 2013, 03:29 AM
Learning Rock Star
NEXT VIDEO FINALLY POSTED! finally moved into my dorm room at music college here in Nelson BC, this was my last hiatus now its time to kick ass 24 hours a day biggrin.gif

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Sep 4 2013, 10:54 AM
GMC:er
NICE!!!!!!

Soldier, you are making HUGE strides in your playing. I can tell you are putting time in at the SHOOTING RANGE!!!! Your right hand technique is particularly good and your left hand position is quite nice as well! Very articulate picking and very even playing.

Soldier, I think you are ready to PUSH IT in to SPECIAL FORCES Territory a bit more here. I'm gonna push you hard Soldier!!!! Prepare yourself!!!! I want one more thing out of this fight!!!! It's AWFUL, it's EVIL, it has made some people FLAT OUT QUIT!!!

SPECIAL DUTY: The Dreaded QUAD PICKING!!!!!!!!!!

I think you are ready for this. Also, I see some good precision in your playing so I think you can bump the metronome up without losing anything. I hope at least!!! Try to push it Soldier!!!

CRITICAL NOTE: DO NOT PLAY TO THE POINT OF PAIN!!!
*Always warmup up/stretch like we do in vid chat.
*Always cool down/strech afterwards.
*Always drink plenty of water
*Always get plenty of rest.
*Take care of your hands/arms Soldier!! You only get one pair!!

QUOTE (leonard478 @ Sep 3 2013, 10:29 PM) *
NEXT VIDEO FINALLY POSTED! finally moved into my dorm room at music college here in Nelson BC, this was my last hiatus now its time to kick ass 24 hours a day biggrin.gif

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

+Quote Post
leonard478
Sep 12 2013, 01:16 AM
Learning Rock Star
MY NEXT VIDEO!

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Sep 12 2013, 09:04 PM
Nicely done Soldier!! You've got this down and it honestly looks almost too easy so I know you practiced and practiced!! Quick tip to get a bit more precision/speed.

TIP.)Take a look at your pick hand. The distance it travels away from the string determines the gap between strikes. Reduce the distance your hand travels away from the string on up and down strokes. This is called using a "shallow/short pick strike" technique and reduces the time needed between strikes.

You technique is very clean but your hand is wagging just a smidge further than it should for maximum precision on this type of lick. Tighten your pick swing and see if you can hit this WITH QUADS @ 140 BPM or 150 BPM!

I think you can do it based on what I"m seeing smile.gif

SARGE

QUOTE (leonard478 @ Sep 11 2013, 08:16 PM) *
MY NEXT VIDEO!

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Sep 17 2013, 04:28 AM
Just to clarify Soldier, QUADS, just means QUAD PICKING or picking FOUR STRIKES for each and every note, just to review. KRUSH IT SOLDIER!!!Q

Sarge

QUOTE (Todd Simpson @ Sep 12 2013, 04:04 PM) *
Nicely done Soldier!! You've got this down and it honestly looks almost too easy so I know you practiced and practiced!! Quick tip to get a bit more precision/speed.

TIP.)Take a look at your pick hand. The distance it travels away from the string determines the gap between strikes. Reduce the distance your hand travels away from the string on up and down strokes. This is called using a "shallow/short pick strike" technique and reduces the time needed between strikes.

You technique is very clean but your hand is wagging just a smidge further than it should for maximum precision on this type of lick. Tighten your pick swing and see if you can hit this WITH QUADS @ 140 BPM or 150 BPM!

I think you can do it based on what I"m seeing smile.gif

SARGE

+Quote Post
leonard478
Sep 18 2013, 10:59 PM
Learning Rock Star
NEW VIDEO HERE ! *posted it wrong the first time*

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Sep 19 2013, 05:50 AM
Nice!!! Look at him go!!! Soldier, this is some spiff playing here to be sure!!! You are making leaps and bound in your playing lately and I can see blood on the fretboard!!!

Let's Debrief....

MEDAL OF HONOR

1.)QUAD PICKING!!!!
2.)Steady and Precise Picking
3.)Solid Right Hand Mute/Position

In short Soldier, you just......

!!!!!!!LEVELED UP!!!!!!!!!!!

You are burning through these Missions Soldier!! Onward!!!!

Attached Image

QUOTE (leonard478 @ Sep 18 2013, 05:59 PM) *
NEW VIDEO HERE ! *posted it wrong the first time*

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Sep 25 2013, 02:32 AM
MISSION #9 is calling your Name Soldier!!!!

+Quote Post
leonard478
Sep 25 2013, 04:01 PM
Learning Rock Star

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Sep 25 2013, 09:43 PM
NICE!!!! Soldier you are drilling and killing!! I think you are ready for this.....

1.)DOUBLE PICK IT!!!!
2.)QUAD PICK IT!!!!

Keep your same technique and throw in the multi picking!!!!!1

Sarge.

QUOTE (leonard478 @ Sep 25 2013, 11:01 AM) *

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Oct 2 2013, 06:18 AM
Soldier I watched this again, and I'm having a bit of trouble hearing your guitar? I can hear the metronome just fine but your guitar is way quiet. You could be picking QUADS and I"d never be able to tell. hmm. Were you doing double/quad picking in this video?

QUOTE (leonard478 @ Sep 25 2013, 11:01 AM) *

+Quote Post
leonard478
Oct 4 2013, 05:27 AM
Learning Rock Star

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Oct 5 2013, 04:23 AM
Well fought Soldier!!! You have really been sailing along on these!!! Before we go forward, I have to make notes on the bits that I see that are cause for a bit of concern!

HALF YOUR SQUAD GOT KILLED

1.)Your picking is starting to border on "picking from the elbow" in some sections during the quads. Make SURE you pick from the Wrist down. At speed, it's instinctual to stiffen the arm. You have to literally fight it.

2.)Volume and Gain.
Don't be shy with the volume and gain. THe more gain the better. It will show you if you are missing any mutes. Playing with minimal gain reduces sympathetic string vibration and other noises. Playing with more gain forces you to ride the lightning and control the random noise that guitars make when your playing.

ON TO THE GOOD!!!!!

MEDAL OF HONOR

1.)Very precise picking!!!
2.)Very even playing, not rushing or dragging!!!
3.)Solid Right Hand Mute/Position

In short Soldier, you just......

!!!!!!!LEVELED UP!!!!!!!!!!!

Attached Image

QUOTE (leonard478 @ Oct 4 2013, 12:27 AM) *

+Quote Post
leonard478
Oct 11 2013, 04:31 PM
Learning Rock Star

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Oct 12 2013, 03:56 AM
Nice!!!!! Try this one on for size Soldier!!! Start and stay at the 5th fret. Start on the lowest 2 strings. Play the pattern a couple of times. Move up to the next highest string smoothly as possible, leaving as little a gap in time as possible. (essentially string skipping) and play the bit twice more, repeat til you run out of strings.

This is the SUPER COMMANDO version of a CRAZY NUTTY lick. smile.gif But I think you can handle it!!!

Todd

QUOTE (leonard478 @ Oct 11 2013, 11:31 AM) *

+Quote Post
leonard478
Oct 19 2013, 03:06 AM
Learning Rock Star

QUOTE (Todd Simpson @ Oct 12 2013, 02:56 AM) *
Nice!!!!! Try this one on for size Soldier!!! Start and stay at the 5th fret. Start on the lowest 2 strings. Play the pattern a couple of times. Move up to the next highest string smoothly as possible, leaving as little a gap in time as possible. (essentially string skipping) and play the bit twice more, repeat til you run out of strings.

This is the SUPER COMMANDO version of a CRAZY NUTTY lick. smile.gif But I think you can handle it!!!

Todd

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Oct 19 2013, 03:36 AM
NICE!!!!!!

This is what I'm talking about Soldier!!! well fought!!! This is a great example of your progress here. The entire bit is well played and under control and very even. Impressive.

How hard/easy was this bit to work up? Can you give me a bit of history on working it up to this point?

BTW, by my asking about your history of getting this lick nailed, you may be thinking you just leveled up. Guess what, YOU'D BE CORRECT!!!!!

You Just .....

LEVELED UP!!!!!

MEDAL OF HONOR

*Textbook Form and Execution! T
*TIIIIIIIIIGGGGHHHT hand synch
*Impressive Precision/Speed (This is a complex lick and your killing it!)

Attached Image

QUOTE (leonard478 @ Oct 18 2013, 10:06 PM) *

+Quote Post
leonard478
Oct 19 2013, 06:47 PM
Learning Rock Star
It wasnt actually very diffiicult ! the progress was quite consistent but i definitely couldnt push past that point in which i recorded, thanks a lot !

QUOTE (Todd Simpson @ Oct 19 2013, 02:36 AM) *
NICE!!!!!!

This is what I'm talking about Soldier!!! well fought!!! This is a great example of your progress here. The entire bit is well played and under control and very even. Impressive.

How hard/easy was this bit to work up? Can you give me a bit of history on working it up to this point?

BTW, by my asking about your history of getting this lick nailed, you may be thinking you just leveled up. Guess what, YOU'D BE CORRECT!!!!!

You Just .....

LEVELED UP!!!!!

MEDAL OF HONOR

*Textbook Form and Execution! T
*TIIIIIIIIIGGGGHHHT hand synch
*Impressive Precision/Speed (This is a complex lick and your killing it!)

Attached Image

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Oct 19 2013, 07:15 PM
Very well done on this!! This is a real finger twisters and some folks have seriously struggled with it. Your practice is paying off!!!!

Fight on Soldier!!

Sarge

QUOTE (leonard478 @ Oct 19 2013, 01:47 PM) *
It wasnt actually very diffiicult ! the progress was quite consistent but i definitely couldnt push past that point in which i recorded, thanks a lot !

+Quote Post
leonard478
Oct 27 2013, 06:21 PM
Learning Rock Star

+Quote Post

4 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 16th April 2024 - 04:28 PM