> Rules

Here is where the magic happens: the REC board turns bedroom guitarists into real pros. Remember - it doesn't matter if you fail or pass, as long as you keep posting REC takes you will progress.

The entries will be graded by a number of instructors. After grading, members will be accredited with the appropriate points if they pass, and adjustments will be made to their REC level.
Passing grade is 6 or higher.

* Submit your REC take!
* More info
* Score board
* Recording tutorial

Take 3: Modern Heavy Rock Riffs II, Lesson By Mate Nagy
Grade
1-10
1 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
2 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
3 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
4 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
5 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
6 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
7 [ 3 ] ** [100.00%]
8 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
9 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
10 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
Total Votes: 3

Rammikin
Dec 13 2013, 02:51 AM
Experienced Rock Star
Original lesson: Modern Heavy Rock Riffs II by Mate Nagy

Links to previous attempts at this lesson:
http://guitarmasterclass.net/guitar_forum/index.php?showtopic=50537
http://guitarmasterclass.net/guitar_forum/index.php?showtopic=50630

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Start new topic
Replies (1 - 4)
Ben Higgins
Dec 13 2013, 10:32 AM
Instructor
Hi man. You're playing the riffs better this time around. Clarity is still your biggest issue though. I'm not hearing the chords come through properly on the last section starting at 0:53. It seems that your pick only catches the lower strings so it's not producing the full tone of the chords.

That chord change at 0:56 (and the other times it repeats) is not coming through at all. I think the fingers aren't quite getting the shape in time.

I've also notice you move your fingers off of each chord quite quickly, barely giving it time to sound. It's the same with single note phrases, you move your fingers a little too early.

A lot of the problem is your tone too. Your gain software, whatever you're using, is letting your playing down a lot. Digitised distortion like yours doesn't give you the necessary response to things like palm muting.. so you can't really get accurate feedback during your practise. If there was some way of changing your gear settings I think you'd be able to hear every action you're doing and the effect it's having. From there you could then adjust your playing as necessary.

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Dec 13 2013, 04:22 PM
Instructor
I agree with Ben about clarity. That's the main issue here but I'm more than sure that the reason can be your tone. I think that you can's get a defined sound with that fuzzy style drive. I think that you should experiment a bit more with it. Feel free to contact me if you want some help with that.

--------------------
My lessons

Do you need a Guitar Plan?
Join Gab's Army

Check my band:Cirse
Check my soundcloud:Soundcloud

Please subscribe to my:Youtube Channel

+Quote Post
Darius Wave
Dec 13 2013, 07:00 PM
Instructor
Probably it's more about turing this in to very little pieces and veeery detailed workout. At this stage I can tell the lesson is reviewed - You know what and where should happen but...before going into playing analysis I would go for tone research. Ben is right at this point. You tone seems to be bad to clarify issues in Your playing. It might also cause some wrong habits because it doesn't show when it's good or when it's bad. I think it would good good idea to create Your tone workout thread where You could step by step show what You use and how You set up it. We could make You understand how to search for the right tone (right = the one You will like but also the one that would be good reference for dynamics while You learn how to play)

+Quote Post
Fran
Dec 16 2013, 08:15 PM
Learning Rock Star - Wiki Coordinator
Almost there, 7

--------------------
Guitars:
Fender American Deluxe Stratocaster, Ibanez RG2570MZ, Epiphone SG G-400
Amp:
Vox AC4TVH head + V112TV cab
Effects:
Vox Satchurator, Vox Time Machine, Dunlop CryBaby, Boss MT-2, Boss CE-5, Boss TU-2, Boss ME-70
Recording:
Line-6 POD X3 + FBV-Express, Pandora PX5D

GMC wants YOU to take part in our Guitar-Wikipedia!
Have a good time reading great articles and writing your own with us in our GUITAR WIKI!
Share your playing and get Pro-advice from our Instructors: Join REC

+Quote Post

Closed TopicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 25th April 2024 - 07:17 AM