4 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 >  
New Blues Collab, UPLOADS ONLY
Scoob
Dec 31 2007, 06:00 PM
GMC:er
Here is my attempt.

I looked up the D minor Pentatonic and tried to stay with in it.

Thanks for the great exercise. I apologize in advance for the sloppy bits

Scoob

Attached File  Scoob_Blues_Collab.mp3 ( 845.71K ) Number of downloads: 156

Attached File  Scoob_Blues_Collab_noBT.mp3 ( 845.3K ) Number of downloads: 160

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

This post has been edited by Scoob: Dec 31 2007, 06:07 PM

--------------------
GEAR
guitars: Yamaha SE 350, Yamaha FG-360, Jay Turser JT134 Natural Quilt Top, Dean Vendetta, Squire Telecaster (Project to modify to better guitar. New Pickups and electrical parts done).
amp: Peavey Rage 108
amp Marshall ATV20X - Just bought Mar. 2007
effects: KORG AX3G (Multi), EBOW, Danelectro Free Speech Talkbox. Old Flanger and Chorus
Interface: IK Multimedia STEALTH PLUG
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Ivan Milenkovic
Dec 31 2007, 06:27 PM
Instructor
No problem man, great recording smile.gif

Lets see you guys, let's make this collab the biggest one yet! smile.gif Bring it on! smile.gif

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

This post has been edited by Milenkovic Ivan: Dec 31 2007, 06:27 PM

--------------------
- Ivan's Video Chat Lesson Notes HERE
- Check out my GMC Profile and Lessons
- (Please subscribe to my) YouTube Official Channel
- Let's be connected through ! Facebook! :)

+Quote Post
Alex Lewis
Jan 2 2008, 09:13 PM
Learning Guitar Hero
Heres my shot hope you like!

Attached File  blues_collab_backing_D7alexsolo.mp3 ( 871.06K ) Number of downloads: 217

Attached File  blues_collab_backing_D7alexsoloonly.mp3 ( 871.06K ) Number of downloads: 134

--------------------

+Quote Post
PlayAllDay
Jan 2 2008, 11:00 PM
QUOTE (Milenkovic Ivan @ Jan 1 2008, 02:27 AM) *
No problem man, great recording smile.gif

Lets see you guys, let's make this collab the biggest one yet! smile.gif Bring it on! smile.gif

OK I will try and get an upload ready in time too then smile.gif This will be an enormous song but the end!!

--------------------
Lead me not into temptation - I can find the way myself...

+Quote Post
Ivan Milenkovic
Jan 2 2008, 11:30 PM
Instructor
Okay man, I'll wait it not a problem at all, we can go through the deadline a few days, take it easy. smile.gif

So folks, once again, 10 more days to end the blues collab, plenty of time on your hands, grab that guitar and lets see how you play the blues - your style off course. As you can see, we have all kind of sounds and players here, so it doesn't matter if you play HM or HC or Punk, or Rock, or Jazz, it all came from one music. Lets hear it at its best on the GMC smile.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Robin
Jan 2 2008, 11:31 PM
QUOTE (Milenkovic Ivan @ Jan 2 2008, 11:30 PM) *
10 more days to end the blues collab

In that case I might record a new one if thats ok smile.gif

+Quote Post
JVM
Jan 2 2008, 11:34 PM
Learning Roadie
QUOTE (Milenkovic Ivan @ Jan 2 2008, 10:30 AM) *
Okay man, I'll wait it not a problem at all, we can go through the deadline a few days, take it easy. smile.gif
So folks, once again, 10 more days to end the blues collab, plenty of time on your hands, grab that guitar and lets see how you play the blues - your style off course. As you can see, we have all kind of sounds and players here, so it doesn't matter if you play HM or HC or Punk, or Rock, or Jazz, it all came from one music. Lets hear it at its best on the GMC smile.gif

Cool. I just got my sm57 in the mail here, so I think I'll be experimenting with it and I should have something for you within ten days. I kind of need a stand for it though tongue.gif Or at least some way to keep it at a good position.

--------------------
Gear: Fender American Deluxe Stratocaster, Gibson '67 RI Flying V, Mesa Boogie F-30 112 combo, crazy pedals.

+Quote Post
Ivan Milenkovic
Jan 3 2008, 01:29 AM
Instructor
Get some pillows in front of the amp and mike it like that until you buy a stand.

Also (if you can please) keep me updated about other recording equipment you used and the recording process, I like commenting those too (off course constructively) smile.gif

QUOTE (Robin @ Jan 2 2008, 11:31 PM) *
In that case I might record a new one if thats ok smile.gif

Sure if you want, no problem smile.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
JVM
Jan 3 2008, 02:02 AM
Learning Roadie
QUOTE (Milenkovic Ivan @ Jan 2 2008, 12:29 PM) *
Get some pillows in front of the amp and mike it like that until you buy a stand.

Also (if you can please) keep me updated about other recording equipment you used and the recording process, I like commenting those too (off course constructively) smile.gif
Sure if you want, no problem smile.gif

Great idea on the pillow thing Ivan. Is it better to mic in a small room or a larger one? And I would probably need to do something with the walls right, I've heard that the hard surfaces can really affect your tone when mic'ing.

--------------------
Gear: Fender American Deluxe Stratocaster, Gibson '67 RI Flying V, Mesa Boogie F-30 112 combo, crazy pedals.

+Quote Post
JWBauer
Jan 3 2008, 08:41 PM
Attached File  Blues_collab_solo_JWBauer.mp3 ( 1016.84K ) Number of downloads: 143
Attached File  Blues_collab_mix1_jwbauer.mp3 ( 1016.84K ) Number of downloads: 175
Here are my files. This site rocks. I love playing slow blues like this. It is a great way for a beginner to jam and actually learn some good licks.

This post has been edited by JWBauer: Jan 4 2008, 01:46 AM

--------------------
Ibanez AS73-TCR, Esteban American Legacy Starlight Limited Edition,
Esteban Granada Classical, Esteban Midnight Steel Limited Edition
Line 6 Spider III 15w

Buy AS73 at Musiciansfriend.com

+Quote Post
Zephyr
Jan 4 2008, 06:09 AM
QUOTE (JWBauer @ Jan 3 2008, 11:41 AM) *
Attached File  Blues_collab_solo_JWBauer.mp3 ( 1016.84K ) Number of downloads: 143
Attached File  Blues_collab_mix1_jwbauer.mp3 ( 1016.84K ) Number of downloads: 175
Here are my files. This site rocks. I love playing slow blues like this. It is a great way for a beginner to jam and actually learn some good licks.

ohmy.gif Hey, I have the same acoustic as you! The Esteban Starlight Edition! I got it off of... a home shopping network... sad.gif laugh.gif I haven't had it for a long time, I left in in California with my mother when I moved up here, that was before summer.

Anyways, sorry I'm so late. My internet was having issues, and then I forgot that I signed up for this! I'll try and get something done as soon as I can!

+Quote Post
JVM
Jan 4 2008, 06:17 AM
Learning Roadie
I just recorded something I'm fairly happy with - but it's on the toneport. I can't fire up the amp right now - too late at night tongue.gif So I'll jam some more tomorrow, and then record it again through my amp.

Awesome backing track!

--------------------

+Quote Post
Ivan Milenkovic
Jan 4 2008, 04:11 PM
Instructor
Thanks m8,

regarding your amp... put the amp in the smaller room if you can and wire it. You can put it in the bigger room, it is not a problem, but smaller one creates little reverb, and off course, you need to be dry because of the later production process.

Also put some blankets around the amp, or cover it, this will definately get rid some of the reverberation.

--------------------

+Quote Post
JVM
Jan 4 2008, 08:56 PM
Learning Roadie
What do you mean by "wire it"?

--------------------

+Quote Post
Ivan Milenkovic
Jan 4 2008, 08:59 PM
Instructor
Mike it, i said wire it instead, sorry for the confusion smile.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
preownedguitar
Jan 5 2008, 12:19 AM
Hey Ivan. Nice backing track. I didn't even notice that this one was open to the public until 30 minutes ago. Had a great time playing this one. Happy new year.

With backingAttached File  Bluesorig.mp3 ( 2.03MB ) Number of downloads: 156

Without backingAttached File  Bluesorignoback.mp3 ( 2.03MB ) Number of downloads: 122

Sean

--------------------
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Strings:
Any 9-42's for strings.
Amp:
Carvin Bel Air 212 (2x12 50 Watt all tube), Carvin 212E Cabinet (2x12 120w)
Gutars:
Ibanez RG2550e Prestige, Galaxy black
94' Fender Stratocaster Black w/Black pearl pickguard
Pedals:
Keeley Flexi 4x12 Ibanez Tube Screamer
Keeley DS-1 Ultra
Keeley Compressor
Morley Bad Horsie 2 Contour Wah
Pod X3 Live
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

+Quote Post
JVM
Jan 5 2008, 12:53 AM
Learning Roadie
If the collab is going to be open til the 12th still, I won't be able to record the amp til next week sometime most likely sad.gif However, since I already recorded something, what I'll do is post that now and if you want to change the end date thats fine. If not I'll try to get something in and then we can compare my tone tongue.gif

This was my third improv last night and if I were to record it again it'd probably just be more or less the same just mic'd instead.

Attached File(s)
Attached File  bluesivantake3.mp3 ( 829.9K ) Number of downloads: 99
Attached File  bluesivantake3_noBT.mp3 ( 812.75K ) Number of downloads: 52

--------------------

+Quote Post
Ivan Milenkovic
Jan 5 2008, 01:12 AM
Instructor
Okay guys, thanks a lot for participation, going to sleep now lot of work today smile.gif

@preownedguitar
sure its open man, I'll keep it open for a week or son, and then the final mix. smile.gif

@JVM
Don't worry man, you did great, relax, and try to record it if not, we will prolong the deadline - no rush wink.gif

Once again I invite ALL GMC MEMBERS to do a small contribution to this great blues collab. smile.gif

This post has been edited by Milenkovic Ivan: Jan 5 2008, 01:12 AM

--------------------

+Quote Post
Bear Rose
Jan 5 2008, 01:59 AM
Beginner Instructor
Great backing track. This is my first post and also first collab.

I messed up on a few parts, but I like this take too much to worry about doing it again.

This post has been edited by machogriz: Jan 5 2008, 01:59 AM

Attached File(s)
Attached File  blues_collab_no_bt.mp3 ( 2.51MB ) Number of downloads: 61
Attached File  blues_collab_with_bt.mp3 ( 1.23MB ) Number of downloads: 67

+Quote Post
Twibeard
Jan 5 2008, 10:04 PM
Here is my take ... only been playing guitar for 11 weeks, so dont get scared now ohmy.gif cool.gif

Attached File  BluesCollWback.mp3 ( 830.65K ) Number of downloads: 141

Attached File  BluesCollNOback.mp3 ( 826.66K ) Number of downloads: 139

--------------------

Guitar: Ibanez RG370DXCE my backup is a Fender Strat.
Amps: Marshall MG and Line6 Spider III 75W combo (preferred)

Recording stuff: Cubase SX3, Logic emagic, Novation ReMote SL, M-Audio Pro
Synth experiance: Roland, MoTu, Native Instrument, Spectrasonics and Steinberg
Main VST's: Kontakt2, FM8, Bass station, Ezdrummer, MoTu EI, Atmosphere, Crystall

+Quote Post

4 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 25th April 2024 - 09:11 AM