Ybritt's Bootcamp, Earn it and Burn it!!!
Todd Simpson
Jun 1 2019, 08:47 AM
GMC:er
Welcome to SHRED BOOTCAMP! I'll be your Drill Instructor! And I do mean DRILL! As in a large power tool used in slasher films and Paul Gilbert concerts. Here is were you EARN THE LIVING DEATH out of your fingers and break through any speed bumps/barriers to become a MASTER CHIEF of Shred!
QUICK TIPS TO PREPARE YOU FOR BATTLE
*Make sure you get both hands in the shot when shooting your video*Make sure you use a metronome for the first several Missions and that the metronome can be heard.*After you complete a mission, shoot me a PM and let me know it's ready and I'll give you a debrief! These are pass / fail, so if you pass you BADGE UP and if not, I'll give you some feedback and you head in to the breach once again.
*The first several missions are VERY simple. They are just to get you used to the bootcamp process.
*Most importantly, there is NEVER a speed requirement in bootcamp. I want you to push yourself to play as brisk as you can, but NEVER at the expense of precision. If you find you are missing a note here and there, slow down a bit. Speed is just a byproduct of precision so my goal is to make you a very precise player. At that point, speed just happens.
MISSON #1

THE MISSION

1.)Your mission is to go all the way back to the very start. The base of the mountain.

LESSON 1. http://bitly.com/gmclesson1

Which you will play SUPER PERFECT!. Speed it up bit by bit until you feel your ready to take it to WAR (Any speed, it's up to you, no points for speed, only points for playing in a precise manner as speed is simply a byproduct of precision) Shoot a video and post it as a reply to this post. Make sure to EMBED the video by clicking on INSERT SPECIAL ITEM above the smiley face and then you'll get a drop down menu. Click on INSERT YOUTUBE VIDEO and follow the instructions in the Pop Up Menu. I'll then offer a constructive and brutally honest critique.

THE AFTERMATH

Upon nailing the crap out of lesson one at a speed you didn't think possible, and playing it a clean as a freshly waxed floor, you will be given your first insignia of Rank in BOOTCAMP! You will then proceed to Lesson #2 and so forth. Here is the link to the entire 400 plus Lesson Library. https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/wiki/inde...rtal:Techniques

Here is the link to your own PRIVATE HOUSE OF PAIN!...Er I mean.. SHRED!

http://bit.ly/ybrittsbootcamp
Practice!
Sarge

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Start new topic
Replies
Ybritt
Jun 5 2019, 11:58 AM
GMC:er
Sarge Todd,

I do my practice on a nearly basis and trying to listen to my own sound recordings which is very rewarding.
I spot mistakes that I don't notice while playing. Hope to deliver some vids the coming weekend.

Over and out

QUOTE (Todd Simpson @ Jun 1 2019, 07:47 AM) *
Welcome to SHRED BOOTCAMP! I'll be your Drill Instructor! And I do mean DRILL! As in a large power tool used in slasher films and Paul Gilbert concerts. Here is were you EARN THE LIVING DEATH out of your fingers and break through any speed bumps/barriers to become a MASTER CHIEF of Shred!
QUICK TIPS TO PREPARE YOU FOR BATTLE
*Make sure you get both hands in the shot when shooting your video*Make sure you use a metronome for the first several Missions and that the metronome can be heard.*After you complete a mission, shoot me a PM and let me know it's ready and I'll give you a debrief! These are pass / fail, so if you pass you BADGE UP and if not, I'll give you some feedback and you head in to the breach once again.
*The first several missions are VERY simple. They are just to get you used to the bootcamp process.
*Most importantly, there is NEVER a speed requirement in bootcamp. I want you to push yourself to play as brisk as you can, but NEVER at the expense of precision. If you find you are missing a note here and there, slow down a bit. Speed is just a byproduct of precision so my goal is to make you a very precise player. At that point, speed just happens.
MISSON #1

THE MISSION

1.)Your mission is to go all the way back to the very start. The base of the mountain.

LESSON 1. http://bitly.com/gmclesson1

Which you will play SUPER PERFECT!. Speed it up bit by bit until you feel your ready to take it to WAR (Any speed, it's up to you, no points for speed, only points for playing in a precise manner as speed is simply a byproduct of precision) Shoot a video and post it as a reply to this post. Make sure to EMBED the video by clicking on INSERT SPECIAL ITEM above the smiley face and then you'll get a drop down menu. Click on INSERT YOUTUBE VIDEO and follow the instructions in the Pop Up Menu. I'll then offer a constructive and brutally honest critique.

THE AFTERMATH

Upon nailing the crap out of lesson one at a speed you didn't think possible, and playing it a clean as a freshly waxed floor, you will be given your first insignia of Rank in BOOTCAMP! You will then proceed to Lesson #2 and so forth. Here is the link to the entire 400 plus Lesson Library. https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/wiki/inde...rtal:Techniques

Here is the link to your own PRIVATE HOUSE OF PAIN!...Er I mean.. SHRED!

http://bit.ly/ybrittsbootcamp
Practice!
Sarge

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Posts in this topic
- Todd Simpson   Ybritt's Bootcamp   Jun 1 2019, 08:47 AM
|- - Todd Simpson   Make a playlist on youtube for your MISSION videos...   Jun 5 2019, 10:02 PM
|- - Ybritt   Finally! It’s here. My first video on GMC. ...   Jun 8 2019, 11:23 PM
|- - Todd Simpson   First off SUPER CONGRATS on Your first FIGHT!...   Jun 9 2019, 01:41 AM
|- - Ybritt   Thanks for the feedback Sarge! I tried the on...   Jun 11 2019, 12:15 PM
|- - Todd Simpson   Cool! Glad the click/strike is working I used...   Jun 12 2019, 06:40 AM
|- - Ybritt   Hey Todd! I got some new videos for you. I ma...   Jun 15 2019, 12:47 PM
|- - Todd Simpson   Well Fought Soldier! This is what I was lookin...   Jun 15 2019, 11:51 PM
|- - Ybritt   Thanks Sarge! I am happy to hear that! So...   Jun 20 2019, 04:43 PM
|- - Todd Simpson   You can add these Missions to your warm up routine...   Jun 21 2019, 03:04 AM
|- - Ybritt   Sarge! Here is my first vidéo for M2. I am pl...   Jun 25 2019, 02:03 PM
|- - Todd Simpson   Well Fought Soldier! You may be using just a b...   Jun 26 2019, 10:25 PM
nnn
nnn
nnn
nnn
nnn
nnn
nnn
nnn
nnn
nnn
nnn
- - Todd Simpson   Have not seen you in the trenches Soldier! Hop...   Jul 10 2019, 03:06 AM
|- - Ybritt   Thanks for checking on me Sarge! I had to lay ...   Jul 14 2019, 09:28 PM
|- - Todd Simpson   Welcome Back to the Fight Soldier!! Good ...   Jul 15 2019, 01:36 AM
nnn
nnn
- - Ybritt   Hey Sarge! You probably thought I was gone MI...   Aug 31 2019, 10:02 AM
|- - Todd Simpson   Welcome Back to the Fight Soldier!! I can ...   Aug 31 2019, 04:41 PM
nnn
- - Ybritt   As promised, new reports from the field   Sep 6 2019, 04:04 PM
|- - Todd Simpson   This is what I"m talking about Soldier!...   Sep 6 2019, 08:40 PM
nnn
- - Ybritt   Hi Sarge! Ready for the first debrief on M#5....   Sep 18 2019, 12:22 PM
|- - Todd Simpson   Soldier you got this lick down, I notice that on t...   Sep 18 2019, 08:29 PM
|- - Ybritt   Sarge! Thanks for the feedback - and for belie...   Sep 18 2019, 09:17 PM
|- - Todd Simpson   Yup! I just noticed it as well. Just do the ot...   Sep 18 2019, 09:39 PM
nnn
nnn
nnn
- - Ybritt   Finally, here are the videos of the real number 5....   Oct 22 2019, 09:10 PM
|- - Todd Simpson   Well Fought Soldier! I can tell you are pushin...   Oct 23 2019, 04:39 AM
nnn
- - Ybritt   Happy new year Sarge! It’s been a while, I k...   Jan 17 2020, 10:49 AM
|- - Todd Simpson   WELCOME BACK!!! THIS IS GREAT PLAYIN...   Jan 17 2020, 04:35 PM
|- - Ybritt   Thanks Sarge! Regarding mission 6 I think that...   Jan 17 2020, 05:01 PM
|- - Todd Simpson   Looking back at Mission 5 (Actually Mission 6 Peda...   Jan 17 2020, 07:51 PM
nnn
nnn
nnn
- - Ybritt   Hi! Time for Mission #8. I give you quite a l...   Jan 31 2020, 05:38 PM
|- - Todd Simpson   Well Fought Soldier! I'll use the take tow...   Jan 31 2020, 10:29 PM
nnn
- - Ybritt   Greetings! Back again after a minor absence. ...   Mar 5 2020, 10:44 AM
|- - Todd Simpson   It's great to see you back Soldier!! I...   Mar 5 2020, 08:43 PM
nnn
- - Ybritt   Sarge! I do hope that you are OK during these...   Apr 4 2020, 11:44 PM
|- - Todd Simpson   Well fought Soldier! I was about to send you b...   Apr 5 2020, 06:23 AM
nnn
- - Ybritt   Finally I got my act together and recorded Mission...   Jun 5 2020, 04:25 PM
|- - Todd Simpson   Welcome back Soldier!! I see you have not ...   Jun 6 2020, 05:49 AM
nnn
- - Todd Simpson   It's great to see you back in the fight!...   Jun 9 2020, 09:03 PM
- - Ybritt   So here is M#12. Can’t wait to hear your feedba...   Jul 1 2020, 01:06 PM
|- - Todd Simpson   Impressive work Soldier!!!! You ar...   Jul 2 2020, 03:47 AM
|- - Ybritt   Hi Sarge! Thank you for that feedback! It...   Jul 27 2020, 12:07 PM
|- - Todd Simpson   Always good to bring your guitar on Holiday! ...   Jul 28 2020, 02:35 AM
nnn
nnn
nnn
- - Ybritt   Finally! Reporting back from the field, eager ...   Aug 22 2020, 12:13 PM
|- - Todd Simpson   Well Fought Soldier!!! It's more i...   Aug 22 2020, 08:15 PM
nnn
- - Ybritt   Hey Sarge! Thanks for the great feedback on M...   Sep 4 2020, 01:37 PM
- - Todd Simpson   Well Fought Soldier!! This is a very tric...   Sep 5 2020, 11:39 PM
nnn
nnn
nnn

Reply to this topicStart new topic
2 User(s) are reading this topic (2 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 20th April 2024 - 04:23 AM