Pedal Not Working.
SnoCone
Jul 9 2008, 05:10 PM
GMC:er
Hello, i have a problem with one of my pedals.

Its an EHX Metal Muff w/ top boost. Im trying to use it through a Hughes & Kettner Edition Blue 60dfx. Im trying to use it with Guitar>Cord>Pedal>Cord>input of amp. And im getting no sound. This pedal has worked with my old amp (fender frontman). So im wondering why its not working with this?

-Pedal has battery in it
-Pedal works with other amp
-Hughes & Kettner is new

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Storm Linnebjerg
Jul 9 2008, 05:22 PM
Learning Rock Star
Have you got a power supply or new batteries for the pedal? You have probably already tested this anyway.

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------

Check out my TikTok! - or check out my GMC video comments on YouTube

+Quote Post
MickeM
Jul 9 2008, 05:27 PM
Born of NWOBHM, Moderation Team Leader
Id' start ruling out the guitar and the amp. They are easy to test if they work and they probably do.

Does the cords work?

+Quote Post
Bogdan Radovic
Jul 9 2008, 05:46 PM
Bass & Beginner Instructor
Maybe batteries has drained...Any way test both cables with a new amp going guitar>amp and if both cables work plug in the pedal in between and see if it works...Of course you need a new fresh batteries or power supply...It isn't possible that one pedal works with one and not the other amp if connected right..

--------------------
For GMC support please email support (at) guitarmasterclass.net
Check out my lessons and my instructor board.
Check out my beginner guitar lessons course! ; Take a bass course now!

+Quote Post
SnoCone
Jul 9 2008, 06:33 PM
GMC:er
QUOTE (Bogdan Radovic @ Jul 9 2008, 05:46 PM) *
Maybe batteries has drained...Any way test both cables with a new amp going guitar>amp and if both cables work plug in the pedal in between and see if it works...Of course you need a new fresh batteries or power supply...It isn't possible that one pedal works with one and not the other amp if connected right..

Well thats whats happening, no i im going to try to replace the battery's, and see if a fresh set make it work. But yeah, also with this amp i dont get any sound unless i turn the mid/treb/bass up so maybe i have to turn some knobs to get it to work?

+Quote Post
Bogdan Radovic
Jul 10 2008, 11:48 AM
Bass & Beginner Instructor
Well you have to turn mid/treb/bass to 12oclock position and also volumes ...I suggest plugging a guitar straight to amp setting up the sound , and than connecting a pedal to the story to see if you can get any sound.. wink.gif

--------------------
For GMC support please email support (at) guitarmasterclass.net
Check out my lessons and my instructor board.
Check out my beginner guitar lessons course! ; Take a bass course now!

+Quote Post
Ivan Milenkovic
Jul 10 2008, 02:22 PM
Instructor
Turn all to 5 on amp, and check the cables. The cables could be the problem.

--------------------
- Ivan's Video Chat Lesson Notes HERE
- Check out my GMC Profile and Lessons
- (Please subscribe to my) YouTube Official Channel
- Let's be connected through ! Facebook! :)

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 24th April 2024 - 04:08 AM