2 Pages V  < 1 2  
Amplitube 5
Todd Simpson
Dec 29 2020, 12:29 AM
GMC:er
I just tried it and I think they are trying to copy THU a bit. It's odd though that when you put a pedal in the chain, you see it in the main window, then that switched to the head or cab when you add one. Also, very limited choices on the demo. One per category. It's enough to get you started if you don't have a plugin that does it all like THU, I tried the new custom shop and it's just confusing imho. I still like the old AMPLITUDE METAL which I bought years ago. But I never use it as it just doesn't sound as good as OVERLOUD THU. Then again, nothing sounds as good as overloud THU IMHO in terms of plugins. But that's just my ears. They are a very small company in Italy. The only thing I don't like is that there is not preset cloud where you can download wads of presets built by regular people. But, I am familiar enough with it to build my own presets. They are based on some of the metal presets. I use the 3 stack of parametric eq from one of stock presets in all my patches. Also, put a parametric at the head to tighten up the signal.

IMHO they have made VERSION 5 a bit too confusing and the custom shop is now confusing as well. It's not for me.

Attached Image

QUOTE (Phil66 @ Dec 27 2020, 05:18 PM) *
Yep, it's odd that when you close it down it asks if you want to save the SONG!!!!!

TH-U is just like having a room full of gear and patch cables and your own guitars, much better for me, Amplitube, for me, is just too convoluted huh.gif It's a strange piece of software imho

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Phil66
Dec 29 2020, 12:32 AM
Learning Apprentice Player
Todd,

Where did you download the demo that you can add pedals too? I've only managed to download the custom shop crap version.

Cheers
Phil

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------

SEE MY GMC CERTIFICATE

Success is not obtained overnight. It comes in instalments; you get a little bit today, a little bit tomorrow until the whole package is given out. The day you procrastinate, you lose that day's success.

Israelmore Ayivor

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Dec 29 2020, 12:42 AM
I downloaded the IK product manager. It lets you get all of the IK products you want to try and it tracks all of you purchases. smile.gif The screen grab is from the limited time demo of AMPLITUBE 5.

https://www.ikmultimedia.com/products/productmanager/

It seems they have really made all of their interfaces a bit confusing for no good reason. Custom shop didn't make a lot of sense in this current version and the amplitube 5 demo is only functional for a short time. Very limited set of gear to start with. I can't recommend it anymore.

QUOTE (Phil66 @ Dec 28 2020, 07:32 PM) *
Todd,

Where did you download the demo that you can add pedals too? I've only managed to download the custom shop crap version.

Cheers
Phil

This post has been edited by Todd Simpson: Dec 29 2020, 12:44 AM

+Quote Post
Phil66
Dec 29 2020, 09:39 PM
I have got the 5 demo, I never noticed the little icon to the right of the "Search gear" box. Mine had an 'X' on it, if you click it will scroll through 'x' (unavailable gear) a tick (available gear) and both. I set it to the tick and it now shows some gear for me to try.

Still think I'm not going to like it though, regardless of the sounds, it has to be quick and simple to use.

UPDATE:

Nah, still don't like it. I know what Mertay means now about being designed for a table. Having to click "edit" to open up a big version of the pedal. It's slow swapping patches, it set the buffer to 256 every time I open it, maybe I would "save the song" to prevent that but that's not slick, unless there is a global setting somewhere.

Nope not for me, TH-U all the way wink.gif (At the moment anyway)

This post has been edited by Phil66: Dec 29 2020, 09:51 PM

--------------------

SEE MY GMC CERTIFICATE

Success is not obtained overnight. It comes in instalments; you get a little bit today, a little bit tomorrow until the whole package is given out. The day you procrastinate, you lose that day's success.

Israelmore Ayivor

+Quote Post
Mertay
Dec 29 2020, 10:55 PM
QUOTE (Todd Simpson @ Dec 28 2020, 11:29 PM) *
I just tried it and I think they are trying to copy THU a bit. It's odd though that when you put a pedal in the chain, you see it in the main window, then that switched to the head or cab when you add one. Also, very limited choices on the demo. One per category. It's enough to get you started if you don't have a plugin that does it all like THU, I tried the new custom shop and it's just confusing imho. I still like the old AMPLITUDE METAL which I bought years ago. But I never use it as it just doesn't sound as good as OVERLOUD THU. Then again, nothing sounds as good as overloud THU IMHO in terms of plugins. But that's just my ears. They are a very small company in Italy. The only thing I don't like is that there is not preset cloud where you can download wads of presets built by regular people. But, I am familiar enough with it to build my own presets. They are based on some of the metal presets. I use the 3 stack of parametric eq from one of stock presets in all my patches. Also, put a parametric at the head to tighten up the signal.

IMHO they have made VERSION 5 a bit too confusing and the custom shop is now confusing as well. It's not for me.

Attached Image

I checked a few forums and though some seems to like it, everybody is confused about demoing and upgrade policies. One comment writes one can't demo their new cab. tech without buying the 99 dollar version.

If you have amplitube metal, maybe ask their support about upgrade pricing. Not just demo if its good or bad but likely when amplitube 6 comes out you may not have a chance to update then.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Phil66
Dec 30 2020, 12:12 AM
I'm leaving it alone now. Uninstalling it forever. cool.gif

--------------------

SEE MY GMC CERTIFICATE

Israelmore Ayivor

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Dec 31 2020, 01:47 AM
Same here. I'm not even going to make a video review of it. I just didn't like it. Tried the new custom shop and th5. Bit of a let down, but hey, that's what THU is for!!

QUOTE (Phil66 @ Dec 29 2020, 07:12 PM) *
I'm leaving it alone now. Uninstalling it forever. cool.gif

+Quote Post

2 Pages V  < 1 2
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 11:36 PM